Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News 12 Dead in shooting at VA Beach municipal center

From what I read, he was a city worker.........who killed other city workers.

Situations like this, I always wonder what the backstory was at the job.

It's just hard for me to believe that dude just snapped for no reason.

Problem is, once something like this happens...........nobody really seems to care what led up to it.

Now, if he was some kind of radical..........had relationship problems.........or some things were discovered on his social media accounts, the media will talk about that.

Yet, you never hear anything along the lines of the person being treated unfairly on the job.

These supervisors/managers really need to be careful about how they treat people.

Don't really have any definitive proof, but I suspect that some of these "random shootings" are done by relatively good people who just couldn't handle how they were being treated on the job and were pushed to the point where they didn't think they had anything to lose.

I know they've probably got HR seminars and whatnot to tell employees what they need to do in the event of a workplace shooting............but I doubt they have any seminars that focus on not creating the type of hostile environment that would prevent this kind of tragedy from happening in the first place.
I feel you, but we kinda be hypocritical right now. We know for sure if he was a white man we would not carry this same tone, due to systematic racism. So my question is all shooters racists, bigots, or will carry this thought process with mental health awareness with them?

I feel you, but we kinda be hypocritical right now. We know for sure if he was a white man we would not carry this same tone, due to systematic racism. So my question is all shooters racists, bigots, or will carry this thought process with mental health awareness with them?

I'm strictly talking about workplace shootings in which a current or former employee is the shooter.

So, for me anyway, I'd wonder the same thing regardless of race.

Here's the thing, and niggas don't wanna hear this;

He's right.

The federal government doesn't exist to protect us from every single threat. Foreign attacks are their main focus, otherwise we'd be pretty much in a communist, police state. This stuff is for local authorities to figure out, but they're too busy profiling and hunting black folks down.

With that said, ppl still haven't figured out that legislation CAN'T and WON'T protect us. I mean look how drugs being outlawed has prevented an epidemic. It hasn't, at all. It never will, because any asshole devious enough to carry out such an attack will get whatever they need to to do it. Bottom line. Nothing we can do about that. Laws won't change that unless gun and ammo manufactures are shut down and even then, ppl can still produce their own weapons at home.

I will never understand how some of us black folk still expect the same government who won't even stop police officers from killing us, enslaved, lynched and burned our ancestors. and still oppresses us till this very day - to protect us from anything.

I hate to see these tragedies as much as the next person. But no law can be created to keep us safe. There is a savage mentality that has been bred in this country since it's inception. Not to mention, gun laws only came to be to keep firearms out of the hands of black folk. So who will additional legislation impact the most?

Last edited:
I'm strictly talking about workplace shootings in which a current or former employee is the shooter.

So, for me anyway, I'd wonder the same thing regardless of race.

Been hearing little clips on the news here and there........reading between the lines, and something already smells funny about this.

Earlier today, they said he had just submitted his paperwork to resign.......and was an employee in good standing.

A few hours after that, they said almost the same thing.........but, instead of being in good standing.......they said he was in "satisfactory" standing.

Seems like CYA (Cover Your Ass) mode is already in effect.

I'm thinking dude only resigned because he knew he was about to get fired........and/or someone told him he would be fired if he didn't resign.

They need to talk to some of his co-workers.

Then again, they probably wouldn't say anything anyway because they don't wanna put their own jobs at risk.

Its not that im against gun control

I do think there should be a tighter control on approving ppl for a gun license

But if u outlaw guns outright, the mfs that carry LEGALLY will be at a disadvantage vs the ppl the will carry ILLEGALLY regardless of the laws that are passed.

How is that okay?

Back