Welcome To aBlackWeb

“respect your elders” No!

Kids always think their are getting slighted when in reality they just don’t know any better.

We all can go back and be like, “I see why my mom/dad did this”

That didn't answer my question

How does the attitude in the OP correlates to how fucked up our culture is right now

the constant disconnect between generations......each one seems to have a lot of resentment towards the one before them

there's a lot of wanting respect where none is shown or given an example of

there's distrust in the knowledge and wisdom coming from a group of people who dont have anything you want

a lot of it can be misplaced and misunderstood but here we are

Lmao. Yall take any basic shit and blow it out of proportion just to go against the grain.

Adults also use the term do on to others as you would have them do on to you. Which y'all seem to understand clearly.

No one telling you that you HAVE TO respect your elders it's a basic common courtesy.

Just act your age and not your shoe size and you'll be fine.
Now close this dumb ass thread

I 100% believe in 'respect your elders'. But that doesn't mean let them continuously walk all over you, disrespect you, and impose their will on you. For me, it just means that they might get one or two passes from me for things that a person closer to my age wouldn't get any passes for.

No more, no less.
This.

the constant disconnect between generations......each one seems to have a lot of resentment towards the one before them

there's a lot of wanting respect where none is shown or given an example of

there's distrust in the knowledge and wisdom coming from a group of people who dont have anything you want

a lot of it can be misplaced and misunderstood but here we are

Good post!

• Goat
Reactions: 1/2
If you mean the youth I agree.
yes, the youth should listen.

i think people are too fast to only want to learn from those they see as having it together without ever thinking you can learn from someone who lost it all.

i think people are too fast to only want to learn from those they see as having it together without ever thinking you can learn from someone who lost it all.

Then you don't agree.

Is you last sentence about the youth when it comes to "elders" or all people in general?

that one particular part can be true but there's so much more "learning" taking place outside of what someone is telling you

kids get their money management from you, their food choices, their religion, political views, even home remedies.....

there's still people out here throwing salt over their shoulder and spitting on brooms and shit mane

we're just now finding out a lot of our parents favorite hair and skin products/remedies were TRASH........food choices, trash lol...and it goes on

a lot of its not their fault, they learned from their folks....and were fucked over and misguided but all we know is where we got it from

Then you don't agree.

Is you last sentence about the youth when it comes to "elders" or all people in general?
imo
they should listen to each other.
but i defiantly think the youth should consider the world they dont understand and the elders should consider what they are leaving them in.

each can learn for the other.

both are over the other just in different ways.

both can help each others.

its too many closed ears and easily written off people if you ask me.

that one particular part can be true but there's so much more "learning" taking place outside of what someone is telling you

kids get their money management from you, their food choices, their religion, political views, even home remedies.....

there's still people out here throwing salt over their shoulder and spitting on brooms and shit mane

we're just now finding out a lot of our parents favorite hair and skin products/remedies were TRASH........food choices, trash lol...and it goes on

a lot of its not their fault, they learned from their folks....and were fucked over and misguided but all we know is where we got it from
Spitting on brooms? What the fuck kinda shit is that lol...

but this comes back to .....growth within the culture.

i cant look at my dad and say he aint know shit and was wrong...when it was a different time and i need to be better so ..i need to be ready to listen and apply my world to his.

we are in a vastly different world than them.

as now the youngins are in a different world than me. i need to learn shit....but i also need to be teachable. and that goes for the youngins too.

youngin i once asked for a business card.....lil nigga look like he was giving me his phone.
im like ...nah..i want your business information. he told me to aim my camera at his phone.
im lost like...wtf. he explained to me...that code shit and once i did it......all i could do is laugh at his info popping up..

we can learn from each other if we are teachable and ready to listen.

I dont disagree with that

im just pointing out some of the why's and where's

imo
they should listen to each other.
but i defiantly think the youth should consider the world they dont understand and the elders should consider what they are leaving them in.

each can learn for the other.

both are over the other just in different ways.

both can help each others.

its too many closed ears and easily written off people if you ask me.

The bold is a major reason a lot of the youth feel the way they do towards these so called elders. They didn't leave them in shit. Some them left these kids at birth and allowed them to be raised in this bullshit. Then want to automatically be respected cause of their age. Shit don't work like.

I'm not saying that some of the youth don't be flying off the handle at some of the most dumb ass shit when an older person is trying to impart some game and wisdom.

Like @1/2 said in his post there is a big ass disconnect between the generations. IMO it's up to the older people to get off their pedestals and high horses and meet these kids where they're at to bridge the disconnect. These kids didn't ask to be here.

don't wait for someone to respect you to show respect

respect yourself 1st & foremost, then it's easier to give respect to others

now if they cross the line & disrespect then act accordingly

Back