Welcome To aBlackWeb

“Housing is a right” demystifying buying the block & the immediate housing crisis

There's an unstated other side to this problem in NY and other places as well. And I hate saying this because it inevitably comes off as not being empathetic or pro whatever but plain and simple alot of people got comfortable not paying or paying extremely late on their rent during the pandemic and with many places having a hold on evictions until the past few months. I've mentioned before that I work for a property management company and there's more people than I like to see who have flat out said they're not paying rent and they'll just deal with an eviction whenever it comes. I mean people even going so far as to turn down programs that are offering to 100% wipe their balances clean so they can move on with no negative hit to their credit.

So yeah there's alot of things that need to change in terms of how landlords and property management companies operate...but there's also a good number of people who are now scrambling because they haven't paid rent in a year+ and now want to try and work something out last minute when they're 20k+ in the hole.

There's an unstated other side to this problem in NY and other places as well. And I hate saying this because it inevitably comes off as not being empathetic or pro whatever but plain and simple alot of people got comfortable not paying or paying extremely late on their rent during the pandemic and with many places having a hold on evictions until the past few months. I've mentioned before that I work for a property management company and there's more people than I like to see who have flat out said they're not paying rent and they'll just deal with an eviction whenever it comes. I mean people even going so far as to turn down programs that are offering to 100% wipe their balances clean so they can move on with no negative hit to their credit.

So yeah there's alot of things that need to change in terms of how landlords and property management companies operate...but there's also a good number of people who are now scrambling because they haven't paid rent in a year+ and now want to try and work something out last minute when they're 20k+ in the hole.

yuck coming from you

lazy and borderline pathetic take

very “pull yourselves up by your bootstraps” - esque

GAG

Black ppl are under a colonial neurosis and you sound brain washed considering youre actively choosing to work for a predatory institution

hate it had to be you

lazy and borderline pathetic take

very “pull yourselves up by your bootstraps” - esque

GAG

Black ppl are under a colonial neurosis and you sound brain washed considering youre actively choosing to work for a predatory institution

hate it had to be you

No it's called a nuanced take. One that acknowledges issues on more than 1 end. There's nothing pull yourself up about implementing a program to help people clear 10s of thousands worth of debt so they can move on with no problems following them. Hell this week alone i helped clear a total of more than 25k. But you can't force people to accept help when it's offered.

No it's called a nuanced take. One that acknowledges issues on more than 1 end. There's nothing pull yourself up about implementing a program to help people clear 10s of thousands worth of debt so they can move on with no problems following them. Hell this week alone i helped clear a total of more than 25k. But you can't force people to accept help when it's offered.

What is that program called? Is there anything in the fine print that folks need to be wary of?

What is that program called? Is there anything in the fine print that folks need to be wary of?

Its a modified version of what some places call "cash for keys" only you don't have to be at immediate risk of eviction/foreclosure in order to take advantage of it like a person would need to be in most places. You just have to have a past due balance over a certain amount, typically 5k or more, and if you accept the offer the balance is cleared and nothing is reported to any credit agencies at all other than that person now leaving with a 0 balance instead of having multiple filings plus an eviction on their record which makes it 100x harder to get into a new place given how much stricter alot of properties have gotten post pandemic. It even states in the document itself that it won't go under their name as an eviction.

Its a modified version of what some places call "cash for keys" only you don't have to be at immediate risk of eviction/foreclosure in order to take advantage of it like a person would need to be in most places. You just have to have a past due balance over a certain amount, typically 5k or more, and if you accept the offer the balance is cleared and nothing is reported to any credit agencies at all other than that person now leaving with a 0 balance instead of having multiple filings plus an eviction on their record which makes it 100x harder to get into a new place given how much stricter alot of properties have gotten post pandemic. It even states in the document itself that it won't go under their name as an eviction.

Thanks for the info!

That’s what’s up. Glad you’re actually out there helping people.

What's crazy about the homelessness problem is that it really shouldn't be a problem at all. We literally have enough space to house all the homeless people, and I'm not talking about bulldozing natural land or expanding our already parasitic hold environment. I mean there is more than enough space in our already developed cities, towns, etc... to house people. We just choose not to do it. It's similar to how the country produces more than enough food to feed everybody, and we actually let a lot of it go bad rather than give it to people who need it.

So much for this being a Christian nation.

What's crazy about the homelessness problem is that it really shouldn't be a problem at all. We literally have enough space to house all the homeless people, and I'm not talking about bulldozing natural land or expanding our already parasitic hold environment. I mean there is more than enough space in our already developed cities, towns, etc... to house people. We just choose not to do it. It's similar to how the country produces more than enough food to feed everybody, and we actually let a lot of it go bad rather than give it to people who need it.

So much for this being a Christian nation.

Well this country has lived up to the "Christian nation" mantra with its history of war and bigotry fueled violence. But you're right in that there's more than enough room to house folks who need it. But so long as housing costs money somebody is gonna have to foot the bill and people just aren't that nice or caring to do it or else it would've been done.

Well this country has lived up to the "Christian nation" mantra with its history of war and bigotry fueled violence. But you're right in that there's more than enough room to house folks who need it. But so long as housing costs money somebody is gonna have to foot the bill and people just aren't that nice or caring to do it or else it would've been done.

Meanwhile the military gets an unlimited budget.

We should be able to vote or delegate specifically where we want our tax dollars to go each year as part of the tax filing process or something.. smh

Why the hell would you not want to participate in a program that wipes your balance clean with no hit to your credit? I don't understand what other options do they have ?

Back