Welcome To aBlackWeb

“Housing is a right” demystifying buying the block & the immediate housing crisis

nothing affordable will be built in that location.

it’s just folks trying to maximize that space for MORE rich folks to come in.

knocking down 6 houses in Malibu to build condos will draw in the same rich crowd.
I agree with you but, it will let them ight amongst themselves over their dumb shit. Kinda like in SF a few years back when millionaires were complaining about billionaires coming in and buying up a group of houses to make a compound. Its was ironic cuz they phrased it ass "rich people" coming in and doing w/e in the neighborhood, like these assholes arnt millionaires that did the same thing to people a few years prior.

Housing is expensive, limited and a big factor in their homelessness problem, yet somehow someone wealthy opposes a mansion being torn down and replaced with cheaper (yet still expensive) town homes. And you guys are gunna buy the bullshit reason that its for safety and privacy like they were gunna build a public dirt bike track.

I really dont understand how you back anyone on this.

Like others said, this is the most expensive area in the country. What will be built in place of that mansion will NOT be affordable homes. It's just more homes for the wealthy, so Curry isn't preventing the less fortunate from getting opportunities they need.

I don't think most people would want what was 1 neighbor, turned into 16 neighbors. Or for their property value up drop because of that.

All I know is city folks want this private life and live in or damn near in the big city.

naw. Move your ass out further if you want that privacy

Ehhh i dunno if I'm with you completely on that, as far as this situation. He bought a house with the level of privacy he was looking for. They're rezoning...not really his fault.

But also, the people with less money may need to follow your logic too. If they want cheaper housing, they may need to move further out away from the city. Can't ask for prime location, if you can't pay prime location money. Especially since this doesn't look like a gentrification scenario.

Ehhh i dunno if I'm with you completely on that, as far as this situation. He bought a house with the level of privacy he was looking for. They're rezoning...not really his fault.

But also, the people with less money may need to follow your logic too. If they want cheaper housing, they may need to move further out away from the city. Can't ask for prime location, if you can't pay prime location money. Especially since this doesn't look like a gentrification scenario.

The problem with that is often times people with less money are the ones that need to be in that area. If you work in the city but don't have a car, how else will you reliably make it to work everyday if you can't get a place in the city?

Know what's funny to me? And shit maybe it's cynicism on my part. But I don't think some people up here are as down for the common man as they act. They're just not in situations that make them prove it.

Let's say you bought a 2 million dollar mansion in a nice neighborhood across from a beautiful scenic view. Then 2 years later they decide to build low-income housing directly across the street, where that beautiful view was. You'd just be all excited for more people getting homes? NOPE. I don't think you would. That's why I take so much of what's said on here with a grain of salt...I think y'all are fake or unknowingly lying to yourself... but hey... could just be cynicism on my end....

The problem with that is often times people with less money are the ones that need to be in that area. If you work in the city but don't have a car, how else will you reliably make it to work everyday if you can't get a place in the city?

Then unfortunately you have to start making sacrifices in other areas. That may be in privacy or space. People in SF seem more likely to need roommates. People in NYC aren't getting as much Square footage for their dollar. So you can live in the city, but you may not be in your dream home or dream scenario n the city if you don't have the money.

Then unfortunately you have to start making sacrifices in other areas. That may be in privacy or space. People in SF seem more likely to need roommates. People in NYC aren't getting as much Square footage for their dollar. So you can live in the city, but you may not be in your dream home or dream scenario n the city if you don't have the money.

That's true. I don't think people have problems with making sacrifices. I think the problem comes from the fact that pricing has made living in cities for many people ridiculously restrictive.

Know what's funny to me? And shit maybe it's cynicism on my part. But I don't think some people up here are as down for the common man as they act. They're just not in situations that make them prove it.

Let's say you bought a 2 million dollar mansion in a nice neighborhood across from a beautiful scenic view. Then 2 years later they decide to build low-income housing directly across the street, where that beautiful view was. You'd just be all excited for more people getting homes? NOPE. I don't think you would. That's why I take so much of what's said on here with a grain of salt...I think y'all are fake or unknowingly lying to yourself... but hey... could just be cynicism on my end....

but im not gonna say they don’t have a right to live there and and shit and hope they stay in the ghetto

That's true. I don't think people have problems with making sacrifices. I think the problem comes from the fact that pricing has made living in cities for many people ridiculously restrictive.

Ya, and I'm more sympathetic to those being displaced. Gentrification is one thing, but people that just want to live in the big city... that's different.

I don't live in a big city. So I don't know what's accessible at what price. And how unattainable living there is vs. how unattainable the dream scenario is.

but im not gonna say they don’t have a right to live there and and shit and hope they stay in the ghetto

Aht aht. Nobody said anyone doesn't have the right to live in available housing they can get into. Nobody said anything about staying in any fucked up circumstance.

You wouldn't want a bunch of neighbors moving into homes, worth significantly less than yours, where there were few/no neighbors before. Curry doesn't want that either. And again, the people living there would still be in America's 1%. He's not doing anything to people that are truly less fortunate.

Back