Welcome To aBlackWeb

“HBCUs and its commitment to anti-Blackness” violations and abuse thread LATEST: HOWARD STUDENTS COUGHING UP BLOOD / DORMS UNINHABITABLE

Fair or Foul?

• Fair, an institution is able to do what it wants when it wants

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Foul, its clear hes trying to better his life

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
This all reads like some serious anti-college shit. I’m not mad some guy lied on his app and got the axe for it. That’s SOP for pretty much ANY org OR corporation.

Imagine calling a HBCU - one of the last safe spaces for black folk to develop - anti-black.

That’s a slap in the face to all HBCU grads.

I think saying it's anti-black is a little extreme. It's anti-institutional. One could make the argument that an HBCU is just a black face on a white, western construct. We taught these people math, art, science, medicine, language, poetry, astronomy, civics and architecture millennia before they ever conceived of creating a system to "teach" that shit back to us in a rebranded form that depicts them as the originators of these concepts.

Plans underway to reopen Michigan’s only historically Black college

(WXYZ) — Plans are underway to reopen Michigan’s only HBCU.

The PENSOLE Lewis College of Business is the brainchild of Dr. D’Wayne Edwards, founder of the PENSOLE Design Academy in Oregon, and a stockholder of the previously closed HBCU in Detroit, Lewis College of Business.

Pending state legislation and government redesignation, the school will become the first HBCU to focus on design in the United States, according to a press release.

This all reads like some serious anti-college shit. I’m not mad some guy lied on his app and got the axe for it. That’s SOP for pretty much ANY org OR corporation.

Imagine calling a HBCU - one of the last safe spaces for black folk to develop - anti-black.

That’s a slap in the face to all HBCU grads.

Uh so you don’t see what Howard is doing? You never heard about Hampton not allowing locs in their business school? You don’t think black folks at HBCUs can’t be uppity? Don’t let you bias blind you too reality

Honestly, the problems you see at HBCUs are kinda the same as what you see at public grade schools in black areas.

For example, the past three years, my eldest daughter went to a school in a decent majority black area. The school wasn't that good. The people working there were fine but it was poorly resourced, crowded, and slow to adapt to problems. We sold our house, and are temporarily living in an apartment in a more mixed area now, so my daughters go to a different school. It's like night and day. They have all these free programs for the kids to learn more and have recreational activities. Meals are free for everyone. Aftercare is like half the cost of what it was at the black school because its subsidized. Every kid has a chromebook or tablet in case they can't come into school and need to do lessons at home. They have mandatory limits on class size. It's not like there is a ton more money in this area either. The biggest difference is just the racial makeup. The old school was like 85% black. This school is like 30% black. It's just crazy.

hmmmm you stay in like Central Va right? And I do think mixed schools get slightly better resources than a school that’s like 70% black and I can’t blame parents for going the better route but shit is fucked up. But Hampton city is like 40% white 40%. Black

Uh so you don’t see what Howard is doing? You never heard about Hampton not allowing locs in their business school? You don’t think black folks at HBCUs can’t be uppity? Don’t let you bias blind you too reality
Howard cut a guy who LIED on his application about a felony.

Let’s not forget that.

Hypothetical: let’s say he commits an act of violence while as a student, and that previous felony gets discovered AFTER the fact?

Then what?

You’ll have the students blaming the administration, saying they didn’t do their “due diligence” to discover said felony. Next thing you know, you’d have lawsuits, stating how the school endangered its student body.

Like I said, ANY college - hell, the majority of businesses - would’ve acted upon finding that discrepancy.

Most of you know how businesses work. Howard may be a school, but guess what…it’s still a BUSINESS.

Last edited:
Howard cut a guy who LIED on his application about a felony.

Let’s not forget that.

Hypothetical: let’s say he commits an act of violence while as a student, and that previous felony gets discovered AFTER the fact?

Then what?

You’ll have the students blaming the administration, saying they didn’t due their “due diligence” to discover said felony. Next thing you know, you’d have lawsuits, stating how the school endangered its student body.

Like I said, ANY college - hell, the majority of businesses - would’ve acted upon finding that discrepancy.

Most of you know how businesses work. Howard may be a school, but guess what…it’s still a BUSINESS.

Bruh I’m not just talking about this subject obviously

Bruh I’m not just talking about this subject obviously
That’s what this topic was about. I’m sticking with that.

As for that whole “uppity” comment, man stop. People who seem lower on the totem pole stay looking at others as being “uppity.” College has nothing to do with it.

That’s not to cover for the perception of schools like Hampton and Howard, but that IS to illustrate that this mentality definitely comes from all versions of society.

That’s what this topic was about. I’m sticking with that.

As for that whole “uppity” comment, man stop. People who seem lower on the totem pole stay looking at others as being “uppity.” College has nothing to do with it.

That’s not to cover for the perception of schools like Hampton and Howard, but that IS to illustrate that this mentality definitely comes from all versions of society.

Ok bro I get y’all think classism is a word made up in college campuses and Twitter. But it’s real no I don’t think hbcus are all trash but let’s not act like they don’t have issues do those issues come from race yes many do. But there are issues amongst themselves. This ain’t about totem pole

hmmmm you stay in like Central Va right? And I do think mixed schools get slightly better resources than a school that’s like 70% black and I can’t blame parents for going the better route but shit is fucked up. But Hampton city is like 40% white 40%. Black

I'm in Northern VA right now, but the old school I was talking about was in PG County in MD. PG is a good place to live for black people, but the school situation is a mess there.

Back