Welcome To aBlackWeb

Teen Who Killed Her Mother by Stabbing Her 60 Times Says 'I Do Miss My Mom' as She's Sentenced

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
b72f01dd81b267b0d888f77d139c2512

A Teen who fatally stabbed her mother has been sentenced to 45 years in prison.

On Wednesday, 17-year-old Chastinea Reeves was sentenced by a Lake Superior Court judge as part of a plea deal, the Chicago Tribune, WGNTV and NWI Timesreport.

During the hearing, the teen told the judge she regretted murdering her mother.

“If I could go back, I wouldn’t do it,” Reeves said. “I do miss my mother.”

In Feb. 2017, Reeves’s mother, Jamie Garnett, 34, was found dead in their Gary home she had been stabbed 60 times. An AMBER Alert was issued for Reeves, then 15, who was located and taken into custody, Fox32 reported at the time.

Chastinea Reeves

She was charged with murder and in May pleaded guilty, accepting a plea deal,according to the Tribune.

“Your being young doesn’t impress me. You knew better. You knew better than this,” Judge Diane Boswell told Reeves Wednesday.

It’s unclear what motivated Reeves to kill her mother.

The teen’s grandmother spoke during the hearing, saying her granddaughter had no criminal record before she killed her mother, her daughter.

“I don’t know exactly what to say,” Rosemary Cruz, asking for her granddaughter to receive some therapy, NWI Times reports.

“Something’s wrong,” Cruz said. “Something snapped. I hope she can get some type of help mentally to get through what she has done.”

Reeve’s attorney, John Cantrell, could not be reached for comment Thursday.

I listened to a podcast where a daughter stabbed her mom 50+ times. During interrogation she said it was self defense. The detective remarked 50 stabs isnt "I'm scared I'm gonna die", "50 stabs says I KNOW YOURE GONNA DIE!"

She was a child that stab her mother 60 times and she miss her

Is that something a normal sane person would do?

If you were to kill one of your siblings or cousins in a heated argument, wouldn't you miss them as well? Or are you a psychopath that would be like "Nah, good riddance".

That's her mother. Something causes this shit to happen but that doesn't mean she can't miss her mother after the fact.

60 times is a lot of mental anguish... this wasn’t a “meh I feel like stabbing my mom” this was some kind of mental or emotional trauma.

60 times is a lot of mental anguish... this wasn’t a “meh I feel like stabbing my mom” this was some kind of mental or emotional trauma.

Moms could have been abusive towards her and she reached her limit. One of momma's nasty ass boyfriends could have been touching her and moms didn't believe her. Any number of things could have brought her to that point.

Back