Welcome To aBlackWeb

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Bro these clowns went outta there way to tell us how much they were in lockstep on team philosophy. Only for them to fire the GM on some random Friday in June a year into the job.

Fuckin bill o brien I know he’s behind this bullshit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ship-with-bill-obrien-a-factor-in-his-firing/

Brian Gaine’s strained relationship with Bill O’Brien a factor in his firing

The Texans fired General Manager Brian Gaine on Friday in part because he and head coach Bill O’Brien were not seeing eye to eye.

John McClain of the Houston Chroniclereports Gaine’s relationship with O’Brien had eroded.

What is he doing?
In New England, Easterby’s title was character coach/team development, and some characterized his role as the team’s “life coach.” He touched a little bit of everything on the football side of the franchise and, just as important, graded it all for Bill Belichick. As one ex-co-worker there described him, “He’s smart as sh--, has really good perspective on a lot of things, and is an incredible resource for the head coach.”

Those who know Easterby swear it’s unfair to see him as O’Brien’s assassin. That’s not who he is as a person, they say. But it’s not hard to see where those on Kirby Drive were adding Easterby’s old job description to his new title, and figuring that everyone could be on notice. Predictably, tension followed.

Just as clear was who was responsible for his hire.

Easterby landed in Houston two months ago because O’Brien wanted him badly—badly enough for the Texans to outbid the Panthers and Dolphins, among others, for his services. As a result, Easterby got the EVP title. Subsequently, Easterby’s hire quietly set into motion an unofficial assessment, top to bottom, of where Houston’s football operation stood.

What is he doing?
• O’Brien and Caserio (offensive coaches together in 2007, O’Brien’s first NFL season) are very close. Easterby and Caserio are very close. And here’s one thing I found interesting—three guys that know all involved well told me over the weekend that they saw O’Brien as good a fit for Caserio as a coach as Caserio’s college teammate, Josh McDaniels. Or maybe an even better fit.

• Easterby’s whereabouts the day before Gaine’s firing? Brookline, Mass., for the Patriots’ ring ceremony. Caserio and Easterby hanging out there isn’t huge news, because, again, they’re good friends. But it certainly stands to reason that Caserio’s future may have come up as they.

• O’Brien and Caserio (offensive coaches together in 2007, O’Brien’s first NFL season) are very close. Easterby and Caserio are very close. And here’s one thing I found interesting—three guys that know all involved well told me over the weekend that they saw O’Brien as good a fit for Caserio as a coach as Caserio’s college teammate, Josh McDaniels. Or maybe an even better fit.

• Easterby’s whereabouts the day before Gaine’s firing? Brookline, Mass., for the Patriots’ ring ceremony. Caserio and Easterby hanging out there isn’t huge news, because, again, they’re good friends. But it certainly stands to reason that Caserio’s future may have come up as they.

Texans still gotta get permission from the patriots to interview that Caserio dude. They denied them last year.

All I know is if O brien is getting all this power he better start getting deep into the playoffs or fire his ass too.

Texans still gotta get permission from the patriots to interview that Caserio dude. They denied them last year.

All I know is if O brien is getting all this power he better start getting deep into the playoffs or fire his ass too.
I don’t know the specific rules, but I think since the “season” is officially over, they can interview him. I think the Pats were able to deny them last time bcos they were still in the playoffs.

Back