Welcome To aBlackWeb

"I Fealt Fear"....Black African Muslim Cop Who Shot White Woman Sentenced To 12.5 Years

SKPJR

Mohamed Noor, former Minneapolis police officer, sentenced to 12½ years in fatal shooting of woman
By Ralph Ellis and Melissa Alonso, CNN

Updated at 4:10 PM ET, Fri June 7, 2019

(CNN) — Former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor was sentenced Friday by a Minnesota judge to 12½ years in prison for the fatal shooting of a woman while responding to her 911 call.
Noor, a 33-year-old Somali-American, was convicted April 20 on charges of third-degree murder and manslaughter in the death of Justine Ruszczyk, who had relocated from her native Australia to Minneapolis to live with her fiancé.
170719145901-04-justine-ruszczyk-medium-plus-169.jpg

Justine Ruszczyk
During the sentencing hearing, Ruszczyk's fiancé, Don Damond, read a letter in which he described weeping in a dress shop when he saw her wedding dress a week after her death.
"I had an experience of what that magical wedding night in Hawaii would have been like," he said. "I fantasized about seeing you walk on the beach in that dress toward me to exchange our vows. I fantasized kissing you as they designated us man and wife.
"But these are not memories but sad wishes of what will never be."
Noor spoke in court to apologize to the family of Ruszczyk, saying he will think of her every day.
"I've thought and prayed about this for two years, since the time I took the life of Justine Ruszczyk," Noor said before sentencing, according to CNN affiliate WCCO. "I've also been thinking about all the other lives that have been changed and continue to be changed after this event. None of the families will ever be the same again."
Noor said he took pride in being a police officer, WCCO reported.
"Taking a life so tragically goes against all of that. I've lived with this and will continue to live with this. It is my burden. I wish I could relieve that burden others feel of the (loss) I've caused," Noor said. "I will think of Miss Ruszczyk and her family forever."
'I felt fear'

Related Article: Former Minneapolis police officer found guilty in Justine Ruszczyk's death

The state asked for 150 months, while Noor's attorneys requested a probationary sentence.
"Good people sometimes do bad things," Judge Kathryn Quaintance said before announcing the sentence. She gave Noor credit for 41 days served and fined him $6,000.
Authorities said Ruszczyk called 911 the night of July 15, 2017, to report a possible sexual assault in an alley behind her house.
Officers Matthew Harrity and Noor were dispatched to the scene and arrived at 11:37 p.m., according to a criminal complaint. Prosecutors said Noor was sitting in the passenger seat, pulled out his gun and shot across the vehicle to hit Ruszczyk, who was outside the driver's side door.
Noor testified during the trial that Harrity's terrified expression and the sight of Ruszczyk with her hand raised jolted him into action. Although he did not see a gun in the woman's hand, he feared his partner might be shot as she began to raise her hand, he said.
Speaking in court Friday, Noor said: "The moment I pulled the trigger, I felt fear. The moment I walked around and saw Miss Ruszczyk dying on the ground, I felt horror. I knew in that instant that I was wrong."
'We are not done fighting'
Noor's attorney, Peter Wold, told the court that "there is no dispute that Noor reacted based on fear in the split seconds he reacted and shot Ms. Ruszczyk that night."
But Hennepin County prosecutors argued that Noor overreacted and failed to assess the situation properly before firing.
He has appealed the conviction, WCCO reported.
"We are disappointed with the Court's decision to send Mohammed Noor to prison for 150 months," said Thomas Plunkett, another defense lawyer. "The tragedy surrounding this case has only deepened. We have concerns with the process that will need to be addressed. We are not done fighting for Mohamed Noor."
Numerous letters in support of Noor were sent to the court. None of them were read aloud.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/07/us...r-sentenced/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Lol at "Numerous letters in support of Noor were sent to the court. None of them were read aloud."

Funny how all the black Christian, turn the other cheek, I must forgive all people at all times negroes have avoided this thread. If they truly believe that bullshit they would come in here and tell me why none of their fellow white Christians hugged and forgave Muhammad Noor during his sentencing for killing a white woman. I never saw the balif comforting him after the verdict nor did I see the victims family let alone the fucking judge hugging him after sentencing. If that bullshit turn the other cheek and forgive everyone for everything crap is true why didn't it apply in this situation?????

Funny how all the black Christian, turn the other cheek, I must forgive all people at all times negroes have avoided this thread. If they truly believe that bullshit they would come in here and tell me why none of their fellow white Christians hugged and forgave Muhammad Noor during his sentencing for killing a white woman. I never saw the balif comforting him after the verdict nor did I see the victims family let alone the fucking judge hugging him after sentencing. If that bullshit turn the other cheek and forgive everyone for everything crap is true why didn't it apply in this situation?????

Bruh, I honestly don't even understand what point you're trying to make. Everybody has to live by their own principles. If that man thinks forgiving is right, then that's what he's going to do because that's what he believes. Who gives a fuck what white people do? If they call themselves Christians, but don't live by the principles then they are the ones that ain't shit. Why should that dude betray his principles because they aren't consistent with theirs?

Your logic makes no sense. If forgiveness in this situation isn't something you'd do, that's absolutely fine. I'm not one of those Christians that tries to force my beliefs on anyone. Do what you feel is real. It wouldn't really matter to me one way or another, so I can't understand why you care so much about what this dude chose to do.

I didn't ask you about Bothem Jeans brother. I simply asked why the Christian ethos of forgiveness at all time for all crimes did not apply to Muhammad Noor. He basically did the same thing Amber Gugyer did. Why wasn't he hugged, comforted and instantly forgiven in the court room?

Back