Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's the national dish of your background?

Saltfish and ackee, probably

I eat a lot of Jamaican food but its always the same thing and want to try something different but really don't know what to try.
Jerk chicken, curry chicken or shrimp, shrimp roti, brown stew chicken. I have had brown stew fish it was good but they charged me too much for that lil piece of fish.

Never tried goat and not in a rush to try it.

DC doesn't have a dish for city but most real city folks would say wings and mumbo sauce. Don't know what america dish is supposed to do.

My nigga said chicken wings. A fucking appetizer. Smh. No culture.

I eat a lot of Jamaican food but its always the same thing and want to try something different but really don't know what to try.
Jerk chicken, curry chicken or shrimp, shrimp roti, brown stew chicken. I have had brown stew fish it was good but they charged me too much for that lil piece of fish.

Curry goat prepared by the right hands is the shit. You losing.

Curry goat and rice is the best dish we have to offer imo.

Carib restaurants are famous for overchargin' and more time mommas is better anyway cah them restaurateurs are cheap and make everything watery.

I'd recommend you find a nice island gyal and sweet her into makin' you some

Any food curry related, it’s not a Jamaican specialty dish. Jerk chicken, escovie fish, rice and peas are gold!

Hit a Trinidad and Tobago spot or Guyanese for curry food. That grace curry powder is mediocre.

Brooklyn/Queens in New York have the spots to for, unless you know someone who cooks it.

My moms cook up a pot nice and proper all day everyday.

Any food curry related, it’s not a Jamaican specialty dish. Jerk chicken, escovie fish, rice and peas are gold!

Hit a Trinidad and Tobago spot or Guyanese for curry food. That grace curry powder is mediocre.

Brooklyn/Queens in New York have the spots to for, unless you know someone who cooks it.

My moms cook up a pot nice and proper all day everyday.

I see this and want to try it but just don't. What exactly is it?

Any food curry related, it’s not a Jamaican specialty dish.
It's not, we just cook it better than everyone else.
Indians I believe are the reasons curry is in the caribbean. I tried indian curry dishes and that shit trash. Grace is the commercial shit. There's other brands of the powder back home.

Jamaican restaurants made curry chicken and goat etc popular in the U.S. no matter what other islands makes it.

Don't get bright.

It's not a MD thing that is a baltimore and close surrounding area thing. There is not 1 pit beef spot in PG country or any other southern MD county that I've seen.
they in ocean city though

I see this and want to try it but just don't. What exactly is it?
"Traditionally whole fish fried until crispy then covered in lightly pickled vegetables"
0b5b884c60e12f0b2309794f5496f346.jpg

San-San-Escovitch.jpg

Its good.

"Traditionally whole fish fried until crispy then covered in lightly pickled vegetables"
0b5b884c60e12f0b2309794f5496f346.jpg

San-San-Escovitch.jpg

Its good.

I like pickled veggies I'm going to have to give this a try.

Since some of yall island people what store bought brands for jerk and curry do yall use.
I use
71iBtEiUbZL._SY355_.jpg

81BszDsmzLL._SY450_.jpg

It's not, we just cook it better than everyone else.
Indians I believe are the reasons curry is in the caribbean. I tried indian curry dishes and that shit trash. Grace is the commercial shit. There's other brands of the powder back home.

Jamaican restaurants made curry chicken and goat etc popular in the U.S. no matter what other islands makes it.

Don't get bright.
Nigga please. And it ain’t even a diss. Y’all got y’all jerk working. Even yardies complains how trash yardies make curry food.

Plus, ain’t no Indians going to Jamaican spots for curry either. You might fool them folks in here but we know what’s up

Nigga please. And it ain’t even a diss. Y’all got y’all jerk working. Even yardies complains how trash yardies make curry food.

Plus, ain’t no Indians going to Jamaican spots for curry either. You might fool them folks in here but we know what’s up
First off ain't no dissing between us fam.
Secondly I used to buy some good ass jerk chicken from my trini homeboy and his wifes restaurant. Anybody can make anything nowadays. We not gon go with the better curry is from this place or that but yard people popularized the shit over here.
That india indian shit is trash

Back