Welcome To aBlackWeb

Trends Of Culture - Who Got Ya Back feat Method Man & Treach *unreleased circa 1993*

Was doing some digging and going through the rabbit hole that is YouTube and found this banger!!! How have I never heard this before???

giphy.gif

Motherless Child was on the Sunset Park Soundtrack, which came out in 1996.

But according to Discogs, Who Got My Back came out in 1993, but it doesn't mention Meth or Treach.

Must be a remix, but I'd guess that it came out a lil later than 93, because Wu didn't really drop until late 93.

https://www.discogs.com/Trends-Of-Culture-Who-Got-My-Back/master/192385

edit. I gave you a GOAT

I thought it was probably a lil later than 93 too but Meth kinda had the 'The What' flow going on that he had with B.I.G which was around 1993/1994...

Here it is

And the thing is, I've had this mixtape on my computer for years, but I never listen to the whole thing. I just like the way it starts off.

R-2498112-1294259611.jpeg.jpg

Still have my original cassette of Trendz of Culture...Dope early/mid 1990's LP

Speaking of early/mid 90s bangers...
I'll suggest checking out these mixes for a healthy dose of real hip hop nostalgia

You paying $40 for it?

I bought a USB stick off Doo Wop with nearly every mixtape he ever done, I cant remember how much it was though, it was mad years ago... So Im pretty sure that mixtape would have been on there... Some of the audio was abit dodgy though but most of the classics tapes were on point... '95 Live' prolly top 5 mixtapes of all time...

I bought a USB stick off Doo Wop with nearly every mixtape he ever done, I cant remember how much it was though, it was mad years ago... So Im pretty sure that mixtape would have been on there... Some of the audio was abit dodgy though but most of the classics tapes were on point... '95 Live' prolly top 5 mixtapes of all time...

Actually, the sound quality isn't necessarily "dodgy", it's more like, that's how it's supposed to sound.

You had this great, polished, sonically perfect music coming out of the West Coast, and in NYC the mixtape DJs would make pause tapes from unreleased demos. Then they'd dub it while yelling over it with the echo, and mass produce it. The sound quality is actually supposed to sound like that in contrast to what Death Row was putting out.

I actually prefer the 90s mixtapes to the albums.

Actually, the sound quality isn't necessarily "dodgy", it's more like, that's how it's supposed to sound.

You had this great, polished, sonically perfect music coming out of the West Coast, and in NYC the mixtape DJs would make pause tapes from unreleased demos. Then they'd dub it while yelling over it with the echo, and mass produce it. The sound quality is actually supposed to sound like that in contrast to what Death Row was putting out.

I actually prefer the 90s mixtapes to the albums.

Nah Im not stupid bro, I know when bad sounding tracks are deliberate lol I have better sounding early 80s 'East Coast' tunes and 90s mixtapes recored off the radio than some of the tracks on the USB stick... Some tracks on a certain mixtape are fine and then some are literally full of distortion and are jumping all over the place and before you ask the jumping is not scratching either lol Maybe they got distorted being switched from the computer then to USB, there are 100's of tunes so its not surprising if so...

Im not mad at all though, the USB stick was value for money and would buy one again if I lost it... Most the mixtapes are fine tbh, the ones that arnt are prolly on YouTube anyways... All this talk is making me wanna dig it out and bump it today...

@Water Ur Seeds Any chance you could give me a list of every mixtape? or a screenshot?

I'll dig it out and have a look tomorrow... Also Doo Wop is still advertising the same thing on his IG btw, so if you hit him up you can ask him direct... I bought mine prolly 6, 7, maybe 8 years ago so he may of remastered or added somemore since then...

Back