Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is "Queen" a compliment or insult?

Anyway, I refer to black people as king or empress in informal settings. Had no idea it could be interpreted as condescendin'. Seems a case of "when bein' woke goes too far" * if it's even a thing at all*

*Edit
It's not but I think it should be deserved

I always clown this we came from Kings and royalty shit.
I used to see that shit on t-shirts when I was in middle school and believed it. It just a phrase for the sake of uplifting but there was no way this is true. For starters they would've never gotten a king or queen on those boats there was Joseph singbe (cinque) but he was an exception. Second point is some of the kings were selling and trading captured enemies into slavery for goods and guns. Now consider the fact that for most if us our ancestral history has been lost. For all any of us know our ancestor cuold've been the village idiot, a ring scraoer, a priest/witch doctor, storyteller, warrior ,farmer etc. Your ancestor could've been a relative of a king a cousin perhaps but that's as close as it gets.

I don't call ppl queen or king.

I call them by their name

FYI Kings and Queens aint shit ppl

So you would be offended if someone called you king or be understanding of someone who was offended by being called a queen?

So you would be offended if someone called you king or be understanding of someone who was offended by being called a queen?

I dont go around calling ppl nothing but their name

Its not offensive IMO though

KINGS and QUEENS was some terrible ppl though

Don't you think that maybe it was YOU who exaggerated the "we were kings and queens" thing?

Obviously 50 million people who came via the trans Atlantic slave trade were not royalty. The point of saying we came from kings was to say that we descended from a land of civility, intellect, scholarship, majesty, and yes, royalty.

I'm sure it's people like Star (the radio personality) who knows he is black but rebuffs any black person who calls him "brother".

All I'm asking for is a dialogue behind the terminology.

Is this a serious question? My nick name been Queen D since I was like preteen. I dont think much of it, just kinda stuck. How is being called Queen disrespectful or a bad thing? Leave people alone. Some of yall do too much.
:hahaha:

Is this a serious question? My nick name been Queen D since I was like preteen. I dont think much of it, just kinda stuck. How is being called Queen disrespectful or a bad thing? Leave people alone. Some of yall do too much.
:hahaha:
So just because you've done something for a long time, changing it is wrong?

So just because you've done something for a long time, changing it is wrong?

First, people still call me that, and 2nd I like my nick name so why would I??
lmao . I don't care what anyone chooses to do with their names or anything else regarding life, as long as they aren't harming nobody and it doesn't affect me. I try to keep myself around people who stay on positive frequencies, so whatever the next person does to keep themselves on that high frequency then more power to them! Queen is a compliment to me, reminds me of what Trevor Noah said in his stand up regarding the word "nigger". In his culture it means something good, so when/if he is called it, it has little to no affect on him. In our culture Queen is a word used to show respect, especially regarding black women. SO no matter how a dummy try to negatively come at me with the title queen, it will have zero affect on me. Some people are just full of negative energy, let these folk live their lives and let them call themselves whatever they like mayne.

Back