Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Udemy a legit site to get a certification? I’ve been on their site and they do look legit and they have a lot of material too

Good place to get training but not certs. Its the place you can find good training for a cert, but dont get their certs.

I'm sharpening up my Python skills. Shits becoming necessary these days. I might even go back into C programming 'cause I saw a few high paying contracts available for Linux kernel programming shits that I know I could get in on if I still fucked with C like I used to.

Shits like riding a bike man. If with it before you'll pick it back up in a couple of days.

Learning Python right now. Shit seems really easy so far, easier than Java

Best first language to learn.

If you start with Java as your first language, shit will get overwhelming. Most people quit before learning it. But if you learn Python first, Java will become much easier to learn.

Best first language to learn.

If you start with Java as your first language, shit will get overwhelming. Most people quit before learning it. But if you learn Python first, Java will become much easier to learn.

My issue is that I grew up with procedural programming. Literally... I started writing 6502ML for the Apple II when I was 10. I learned Basic, then Pascal, started playing with LISP, got deeper into ML, and then C... all by the time I was 15.

Switching to OOP has proven to be extremely difficult to wrap my head around 'cause it makes no sense to me.

My issue is that I grew up with procedural programming. Literally... I started writing 6502ML for the Apple II when I was 10. I learned Basic, then Pascal, started playing with LISP, got deeper into ML, and then C... all by the time I was 15.

Switching to OOP has proven to be extremely difficult to wrap my head around 'cause it makes no sense to me.

I see. You came up in the dark ages where it took real talent and knowledge to learn how to program. Props to you fam.

Shits funny cause I wouldnt know how to do shit outside of OOP.

I learned Java first lol, well that's how it's structured in college

True, a lot of schools still dont even offer python and still go with c++ and java.

But imo if I design a course catalog I would make intro to programing with python a prerequisite before I let anyone touch Java.

Not that Java is hard but it requires you to think a certain way and something like python or ruby or even visual basic will prepare someone to start thinking that way.

This Mike Meyers book is so damn interesting. Reading about windows operating system makes me miss having an android phone and windows computer at home

So I've been online reading heavy and have seen this book come up several times. Got it saved on Amazon already.

I got two questions about it all:

Considering I dont know as much as I thought, is there any basic material I should get familiar with before getting into this book. Or is this pretty much ground zero?

Also, there are exercises in everything im reading that require you to go thru command prompts, run system tests, and download software for coding "practice". I cant really do all this on my work computer. Do ya'll use your personal pc's or have an old "junk" computer to play with?

So I've been online reading heavy and have seen this book come up several times. Got it saved on Amazon already.

I got two questions about it all:

Considering I dont know as much as I thought, is there any basic material I should get familiar with before getting into this book. Or is this pretty much ground zero?

Also, there are exercises in everything im reading that require you to go thru command prompts, run system tests, and download software for coding "practice". I cant really do all this on my work computer. Do ya'll use your personal pc's or have an old "junk" computer to play with?

This book is so informative and it basically begins with ground zero. There’s also other good studying material on Groupon and living social that’s really good

got my book and got started over the weekend

i figured I'd bring the cd version to work to keep from toting the book around, but its not working

also just realized I got the fucking 9th edition

how much difference are we talking here?

Not sure. I got the book when I saw that it was the 2019 10th edition ( that’s what it said on amazon)

got my book and got started over the weekend

i figured I'd bring the cd version to work to keep from toting the book around, but its not working

also just realized I got the fucking 9th edition

how much difference are we talking here?

your retention would likely be a lot better reading from the physical book.

Back