Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Black Thought The Best Lyricist?

Is Black Thought The Best Lyricist?

• Yes, Black Thought Is The Best Lyricist

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No, Black Thought Is Not The Best Lyricist

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
His hype was WELL OVERDUE that it died down. Had he been confident enough to drop a solo like in 99 I think he would have gotten the due credit.

Imo there's a few outside of the usual greats that i think can bang with him bar for bar.
Budden
Royce
Cyhi
Banks
Styles
Young Chris

Imo there's a few outside of the usual greats that i think can bang with him bar for bar.
Budden
Royce
Cyhi
Banks
Styles
Young Chris

I know I specified "lyricist" and I wasn't asking if he's the best storyteller or discography, I'm asking if he's the best lyricist.

But you named a few people that made zero impact.

I don't think a rapper that made zero impact can be considered a "better lyricist" than somebody that made a huge impact, even if you prefer him lyrically. It just doesn't make sense.

The reason I made this thread is because I steamed an L yesterday and watched his Funkmaster Flex freestyle that I posted in the O/P. Black Thought is like the Energizer Bunny. He keeps going, and going, and going...

ExaltedBewitchedLangur-small.gif

What impact has thought made that most of my list hasn't outside of Chris and cyhi(do to time in the game)
Bar for bar all them can see thought
By impact you mean sales ??
Setting trends what ?
I wasn't going by stories I'm basing my picks on dope verse's I've heard from them period.
Budden been nice
Everyone was rockin with banks
Royce been crazy with it for me since bar exam 2
Cyhi is just dope
And i rock with Chris i can see why people would over look him but i listen to dude and he go off

Thought definitely up there close to tha top...Idk if a definite best lyricist ever can be made...prolly always be a debatable subject just like tha GOAT convo...

Pun and Pharoahe Monch are up there close to whoever’s at top too...

The reason I made this thread is because of the Funkmaster Flex Freestyle in the O/P.

I challenge anybody to post a freestyle as lyrical, with the rapid fire delivery (Although I did like the Mysonne & Papoose Funkmaster Flex freestyles).

As far as impact, Black Thought's been doing it since 1994 and he hasn't lost a step.

Most people from 94 that were considered ill MCs aren't even around anymore.

Thought gets better with time.

Of this generation has to be top 5 easily.

In history he would still rank very high IMO but #1 is subjective to said person.

Back