Welcome To aBlackWeb

STARZ - American Gods (CANCELED After 3 Seasons)

Okay I'm just catching up

Watched the first ep then fell off now I'm catching the other 3 eps

I love Laura's dead ass

crazy how dude was eating parts of her

This kind of reminds me of The Devil's Advocate because I'm sure Odin is Shadow's father

The Leprechaun with bad luck because laura got his coin is hilarious

Gotta catch this new Anansi speech.I'm at the top of ep 4 rt now

And I loooooove that black lady Bilquis.Sexy chocoalte.swallow me up bitch

I gotta watch that joint again.

Anansi seem like he might have a legit beef with Me Ibis and Mr. Jacquel

This episode he definitely spoke on why he has beef with them. In his mind he thinks that as Black Gods they haven't done enough to help their people with the fight against white supremacy.

WOW...i cant believe this hasnt gotten more traction

Mr. Nancy has been fucking KILLING it this season. He has managed to steal every scene he's been in

The writing is MUCH better than season 1...the visuals are on point as well

Idk where to start with what I want to discuss. This shit has so many layers.

I don't dislike it I just can't fully get into it if that makes sense. The 4 or 5 episodes that I've seen I don't really understand the plot or in those episodes the plot just hasn't been brought up yet
season 1??

@Inori, i think i could do a serviceable description of the premise, but could you elaborate on what the show is actually about?

I just tried to explain it to my supervisor and probably fucked it up lol

I'll try without spoiling it.. ehhhh

Essentially what it seems to be about are the old gods - beings that used to be heavily worshipped from all sorts of different religions from all over the world that found their way to America, essentially struggling and competing to regain their power and worshippers from the New Gods that people in America worship(Technology, Media, Fear/Globalization).

Mr. Wednesday is one of the bigger old gods and is trying to rally up as many powerful old gods that he can so that they can go to war with the new gods

SoI'm not the only one not understanding
i understand it...i just cant explain it lol

I mean, i know its old gods vs new gods is the gist, but then its like what exactly is the war about?

i thought it was about control over the humans to get them to worship a side

This show is all about the battle for the worship of the American people. The Old Gods aren't being worshipped as much as they've used to and since their very existence is based on people believing in them, if they lose all of their worshippers to the New Gods then they'll cease to exist.

Mr. Wednesday aka Odin, leads the charge of the Old Gods against Mr. World and the New Gods.

Back