Welcome To aBlackWeb

Drake on being a Culture Vulture - "What does that even mean? I don’t understand."

A vulture takes but doesnt contribute

Drake is an artist. He def contributes to hip hop.

I wouldnt call him a vulture.

Wave chaser or biter maybe. I dont really fuck w his music like that so idk

Ok...

If he aint a culture vulture then he is a flat out theif that jumps on waves that lesser known artist are creating, then doesn't invite the originators to the sounds and songs he copies.

The kinda nigga the teacher made you build a folder fort around come test time.

He takes from cultures that he's not really from and doesn't really give back to them.

Did it in Houston, Jamaica, and London. I won't for as far as saying culture vulture. But he is a bopper.

He gave the UK dudes looks on his albums that they would not get from other artist as big as him. Exposure to his audience is giving back. Do you know how much a Drake feature cost. Is a favor for a favor. He gets to use their sound and they get a major look on a mainstream artist platform.

i find it funny how its problem when drake wave chaser but when others are doing you fans go blind .

Ok...

If he aint a culture vulture then he is a flat out theif that jumps on waves that lesser known artist are creating, then doesn't invite the originators to the sounds and songs he copies.

The kinda nigga the teacher made you build a folder fort around come test time.

So Jay Z hasn’t done this his whole career?

Back