Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Entertainment media outlet The Wrap is reporting that All Elite Wrestling are in “advanced talks” with Warner Media, the new company that was formed after AT&T merged with Time Warner, to bring AEW as a weekly TV series.

Should a deal be consummated, the series would likely land on TNT, according to the report. TNT of course, was the home of WCW Monday Nitro from September 1995 to March 2001, when WCW shuttered operations and was sold off to World Wrestling Entertainment.

Warner Media is slated to announce Fall programming on 5/19 to advertisers in New York City. The Wrap's report stated that a deal "was not imminent."

AEW will hold their first event on 5/25 in Las Vegas. They filed a trademark last year for the name "Tuesday Night Dynamite."

The Wrap's source noted the deal has not yet been signed and "is pretty complex" and would feature other platforms, including digital.

Road Dogg Brian James has reportedly left his role as head writer of SmackDown, but he will still remain with the company in a new role.

Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting James’ move was a mutual decision that was related to WWE’s move to FOX. It was noted that WWE wants him as a ‘utility player’ that can be flexible to measure where he’d be best used moving forward. A source speaking with Pro Wrestling Sheet said one possibility could see Road Dogg working as a live event agent, a position once held by Arn Anderson. The source was clear that James’ move was not heated debate, as all parties involved believed this was the best move to make

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1079091-update-road-dogg-wwe-role#h1GGZJKVuXzYayT8.99

The IIconics shock win in WrestleMania 35’s Women’s Tag Team Championship Fatal Four Way wasn’t just shocking to fans. According to sources talking with The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Sasha Banks was “blindsided” by the news that the Boss and Hug Connection would be dropping the titles to the Australian duo.

She found out the planned result at the last minute and had previously thought that she and Bayley would get a lengthy title reign to establish the new belts. Considering the team’s promise to defend the titles on all three WWE brands, there were some plans in place for this to be the case. However, those plans shifted to making The IIconics champions.

After losing the match, Sasha reportedly attempted to quit WWE and was instead given a few weeks to “think things out” before finalizing her decision. Some in the company see the decision to quit as “rash” and want to make sure she considers all her options. All three sources speaking to the newsletter confirm that Sasha was very unhappy with the title change

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...-quit-wwe-wrestlemania-35#jZA8quoOZm5Ijo6r.99

I'm glad Sasha took the title seriously, but they were prolly boy to move her into the main event spot since Ronda gone

I'm glad Sasha took the title seriously, but they were prolly boy to move her into the main event spot since Ronda gone

with Bliss is back, Charlotte still being around and new Charlotte (Lacey Evans) seemingly in line for a push, Sasha doesn’t stand a chance

Sasha no showed a Wendy Williams appearance a few days ago because of a family emergency but her and Kalisto and their significant others are in the Dominican Republic or something

Hell id be mad too the iiconics are trash that nobody gives a fuck about, sasha despite bein one of the most over females in wwe stay gettin shit on, id bounce if i was her

Hell id be mad too the iiconics are trash that nobody gives a fuck about, sasha despite bein one of the most over females in wwe stay gettin shit on, id bounce if i was her

Sasha is one of the most decorated women's wrestlers on the current main roster.

She is constantly given shot after shot to shine.

Her bitching is a lil unfounded, every wrestler has had their career lulls she needs to get the fuck over it and wait for that train to roll back around.

I hated Sasha and Charlottes “rivalry” 2016 when it seemed like they would switch the raw women’s title on every raw and ppv. Shit was pathetic. I’m a fan of The IIconics and happy they won. Can we at least see what they’re gonna do with the titles before y’all shit on them?

I hated Sasha and Charlottes “rivalry” 2016 when it seemed like they would switch the raw women’s title on every raw and ppv. Shit was pathetic. I’m a fan of The IIconics and happy they won. Can we at least see what they’re gonna do with the titles before y’all shit on them?
0eb933a55d73db9ee97136e420f270ef.gif
Damn right

Sasha is one of the most decorated women's wrestlers on the current main roster.

She is constantly given shot after shot to shine.

Her bitching is a lil unfounded, every wrestler has had their career lulls she needs to get the fuck over it and wait for that train to roll back around.
Hows it her fault they take the title off her after a few weeks literally every time?? Again shes literally one of the most over women on the roaster and is no worse wrestling wise than any of the others, yea she botches but hell who in the womens divison doesnt??either give her a decent title reign or stop giving her fucking titles all together, shits wack af

Hows it her fault they take the title off her after a few weeks literally every time?? Again shes literally one of the most over women on the roaster and is no worse wrestling wise than any of the others, yea she botches but hell who in the womens divison doesnt??either give her a decent title reign or stop giving her fucking titles all together, shits wack af
Never said anything was her fault.

I am saying she thinks too highly of herself, complains too much and refuses to acknowledge that she gets the most opprotunity's.

She is highly favored in the E.

Back