Welcome To aBlackWeb

How long should a title reign be?

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
I’m curious to hear y’all opinions on this. Could a long reign still work now? As much as I liked AJ as wwe champion, I felt that his reign was too long. Him and Joes feud was fun but I hated that joe didn’t win the title. Same with nakamura.

It depends on the popularity/interested in said heel/face.

Let's face the days of Sammartino, Backlund, & Hogan having multi-year title reigns in wrestling are long gone. Vince did the right thing in early '88 when put an end to that concept.

In today's era of wrestling I say 6months-1yr b/c it's too much talent to let one person dominate the main event scene in any promotion. Plus fans are going to get bored at some point.

It depends on the popularity/interested in said heel/face.

Let's face the days of Sammartino, Backlund, & Hogan having multi-year title reigns in wrestling are long gone. Vince did the right thing in early '88 when put an end to that concept.

In today's era of wrestling I say 6months-1yr b/c it's too much talent to let one person dominate the main event scene in any promotion. Plus fans are going to get bored at some point.

Exactly. Peoples attention spans can’t take having a champ for more than 6 months. I almost died when Cena held the wwe title from September 2006 to October 2007. It was awful

Exactly. Peoples attention spans can’t take having a champ for more than 6 months. I almost died when Cena held the wwe title from September 2006 to October 2007. It was awful

My point exactly ^^^^
2007 in general for WWE was just straight ass. Cena went on that crazy run b/c of all those injuries they had. Then the Benoit family murder-suicide but that a completely different story.

I think Jinder Mahal & The Great Khali had the worst title reigns in history and they were near a year.

Last edited:
Those Triple H reigns were brutal and he had multiple long ass reigns.

I'll agree with you because of the one World Title reign he had from December '02 - September '03. HHH had no business having a 9 month run when he should have dropped the belt to Booker T at WrestleMania & dropped it to Goldberg in the EC at SSlam.

Other than ^^^^ most of HHH title reigns were 3 months or less (not sure).

I’m curious to hear y’all opinions on this. Could a long reign still work now? As much as I liked AJ as wwe champion, I felt that his reign was too long. Him and Joes feud was fun but I hated that joe didn’t win the title. Same with nakamura.
Facing nakamura 5-6 ppv's in a row didn't help styles

i’m usually not a fan of long reigns

Styles and Joe could’ve played hot potato with the title during their feud and i wouldn’t have minded

on the other hand Dunne has been UK champ for nearly two years and it doesn’t bother me

Back