Votes: 38 67.9%
  • Top 10

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Top 25

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 50+

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Replace MJ with Chubby Checker. Whose post death albums are better than their living albums? That's a ridiculous gripe to have.
pac's post death albums arent on par with his shit that was released prior to his death

mainly b/c a lot of the verses werent finished or mastered

thats not a slight to him, but would you want an album full of mostly concepts for songs vs actual songs?

pac's post death albums arent on par with his shit that was released prior to his death

mainly b/c a lot of the verses werent finished or mastered

thats not a slight to him, but would you want an album full of mostly concepts for songs vs actual songs?

Name ONE artist who's Posthumous albums are just as good as their living albums. I'll wait.

This might be your worst argument angle I've ever seen and I've seen some bad ones.

Name ONE artist who's Posthumous albums are just as good as their living albums. I'll wait.

This might be your worst argument angle I've ever seen and I've seen some bad ones.

does biggies LAD count?

and dont try to pick apart my argument when you the one talking about people still trying to release music from him that he recorded damn near 20+ years ago

does biggies LAD count?

No. The album was done and he already had videos made for it.

and dont try to pick apart my argument when you the one talking about people still trying to release music from him that he recorded damn near 20+ years ago

Your response had nothing to do with why that was brought up

I think we have a case of groupthink going on here.

Being on the board and the IC has everybody convinced that Jay, Nas, Pac and BIG are automatically top 5.

Anyway, I voted top 5.

On a side note, there's a lot of 80s MCs that won't get their props when and if their name comes up in the poll. Cats like KRS, Big Daddy Kane, Chuck D, Rakim, LL Cool J, etc. Those guys are just as good, and made just as big of a contribution as their 90s counterparts. The only problem was that top 40 radio didn't play Hip Hop in that era so their contribution seems less impactful compared to Nas, Jay, Pac and BIG.

How you a hip hop head and Pac not in your top 5?

Personal top 5 no order

Rakim
Pac
Big
Jay
Nas

Sixth man: Andre 3K

Back