Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What Life Lessons Have You Learned This Year?

I'm not going out of my way anymore.
I did too much for others and not enough for me.

You find out who's riding with you when you say you need to fall back and refocus and people catch attitudes.

I don't know if we're ever supposed to stop helping others OG. We just have to remember to take care of ourselves as well. It's about balance. Our entire lives are filled with opportunities to be in service to others in some way including ourselves. Or better yet, there's always an opportunity to go out of your way for someone else. How will we progress collectively if everyone is only looking out for self?

I don't know if we're ever supposed to stop helping others OG. We just have to remember to take care of ourselves as well. It's about balance. Our entire lives are filled with opportunities to be in service to others in some way including ourselves. Or better yet, there's always an opportunity to go out of your way for someone else. How will we progress collectively if everyone is only looking out for self?
And that's the problem.
I help so many and don't ask for anything in return...but it's when I say no that makes me want to stop.
That an a few other things.

I just need a few months to enjoy what I built.
Maybe I'll change my mind.

And that's the problem.
I help so many and don't ask for anything in return...but it's when I say no that makes me want to stop.
That an a few other things.

I just need a few months to enjoy what I built.
Maybe I'll change my mind.

Also help doesn't just mean money as you know. Help can be being a friend to someone by listening to or giving advice to or by simply just being there for them. There's several ways to help others in ways that aren't monetary.

And since you have experience in helping others you know how good it feels.

I'll submit to you that if you want to help yourself, help others. Just be wise in how you choose to help others.

Also help doesn't just mean money as you know. Help can be being a friend to someone by listening to or giving advice to or by simply just being there for them. There's several ways to help others in ways that aren't monetary.

And since you have experience in helping others you know how good it feels.

I'll submit to you that if you want to help yourself, help others. Just be wise in how you choose to help others.
I am.....money is only a part.
I do alot of listening to kids..i thinkwe all should do this . Shit can change your life.
I put in time in many areas.
Mostly where black people get overlooked.
But some are too smart for their own good and don't realize what help is or when to ask for it or when to accept it.

I got stories for days.

Ok
..so let me ask. @NeighborhoodNomad
Why would you think I would only help with loot?

If you weren't talking about money in your original post, why would you stop going out of your way for others?

Why would you stop being there for others? Why would you stop being a friend? Why would you not help someone who needs your help if we're not talking about money?

If you weren't talking about money in your original post, why would you stop going out of your way for others?

Why would you stop being there for others? Why would you stop being a friend? Why would you not help someone who needs your help if we're not talking about money?
Welp.....these are all very good questions.
I have quite a few reasons.
Frustration, being used, decision processes, egos, lazy people, know it all, self sabotuers.

You can't see gods plan, bad things have good intentions, good things can lead to bad intentions.

There is no such thing as good or bad emotions, anger and sadness have a stronger purpose than happiness. They are action orientated, they are meant to push you to be you. Happiness is you at rest, no man rests forever, and no man is incapable of rest.

Last edited:
Welp.....these are all very good questions.
I have quite a few reasons.
Frustration, being used, decision processes, egos, lazy people, know it all, self sabotuers.

That's real and very understandable. Those type of people are draining but for what it's worth OG those types of people are going to always be a factor. Maybe we just reevaluate how we interact with or help these types of people. I mean nobody can help everybody but everybody can help somebody.

And please don't take this as me telling you what to do or how to live your life. This is just my perspective.

Give people what they ask for.

Can you elaborate or give an example please?

Because to me this sounds like a great way to get taken advantage of or be hurtful/petty to someone if they ask for something that's not good for them. I may have taken you out of context. My apologies if I have.

Can you elaborate or give an example please?

Because to me this sounds like a great way to get taken advantage of or be hurtful/petty to someone if they ask for something that's not good for them. I may have taken you out of context. My apologies if I have.
When people aren’t being honest with what they want and say they want something, give them exactly what they ask for.

For example, a nigga say he don’t want a relationship and wanna be friends. Be just that, his friend and if he start tryna cross into that relationship boundary with relationship type questions, tell that nigga nah we just friends remember.

That's real and very understandable. Those type of people are draining but for what it's worth OG those types of people are going to always be a factor. Maybe we just reevaluate how we interact with or help these types of people. I mean nobody can help everybody but everybody can help somebody.

And please don't take this as me telling you what to do or how to live your life. This is just my perspective.
I never take it like that because I understand your intentions. I welcome and appreciate advice or letting me know if I'm messing up or being a jackass.
I can only get better if someone sees something I don't and let's me know.

Sometimes, the most unfavorable options turn out to be the biggest opportunities.

The school I teach at works me silly sometimes, but has honestly been the best place I’ve ever worked at as an educator.

Finally, perseverance pays OFF. I’ll finally have this Special Education certificate in about a month or so.

Sometimes, the most unfavorable options turn out to be the biggest opportunities.

The school I teach at works me silly sometimes, but has honestly been the best place I’ve ever worked at as an educator.

Finally, perseverance pays OFF. I’ll finally have this Special Education certificate in about a month or so.
I always look at hard times as preparing you for the next level. Kinda like the end level boss to move forward in a game.

If they feel the need to tell you, "I'm a good person"
giphy.gif

And then sometime down the road feel the need to stress they 'are normal'

giphy.gif

Back