Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Ive seen Rooney get outpaced in the EL n even CL...you already saw the decline at man u and ev...all the man u fans in this thread wanted him outta the starting 11 in his final man u season...

And yeah the mls aint shit. Brighton would be top of the league there every season...notice that Slowpoke didnt even try to go for the empty goal - that would have got his team the w...

Lol I've seen many fast players get outpaced by faster players. I've seen Rooney outpace quick fullbacks and wingers in the EL and CL ...so what? I'm pretty sure there's always someone faster than someone else. My point remains...in a play similar to the one that occurred on Sunday...he would outpace a great number of PL players on that play.

Well Brighton are a PL team last time I checked. MLS is equivalent to the Football League Championship not the PL. Lots of variables go into shit like that apart from quality of players and style of play. Squad depth also plays a part. The MLS isn't a top league but it also ain't a shitty league. It's just right in the middle with some of the Scandinavian leagues and smaller Western and Eastern European leagues in terms of quality and skill.

Ajax ballin!

If PSV beats BATE borisov n Ajax beats Kiev than we'll have two dutch squads in the CL!

A bunch of ifs in there.
No guarantee Ajax can even beat Kiev. Yesterdays win was ridiculously important for the manager cos his azz is already on the firing line. I'm 100% on the MAGA(Make Ajax Great Again) brigade and I love the Eredivisie but there's some major issues that league and specifically Ajax need to resolve.
It'd be nice to see two Dutch teams get in the CL group stage and even though odds are they'll get bounced in the group stage, at least they'll get parting gifts (UEFA checks).
Ajax gotta fix their in house issues and I don't think that coach is going to make it through the season. I want them to do well but I'd love to see Bosz come back or FDB even if the play wont be as exciting under De Boer.

Anyway, make Ajax great again and I want to see them mix it up at the top (deep in the CL) again even if that probably wont happen.

Watching football here in the US is getting worse by the day. Now the you have to get ESPN+ to watch all of the FA Cup.

Its dope Atletico finally look on par with Real and maybe Barca, it makes the league alot more interesting... They have been knocking on the door for years, they year they won alot of people saw it as a blip, but this year I think they can say they are genuinely as good as Barca and Real...

Its mad how weak Real have got tbh, they have hardly spend any money in years and could see they really needed Ronaldo yesterday, that person who would wonder out of position to say 'gimme the ball' MJ like and take the game into their hands... I was hoping Bale would do that last night, but at 2-2 and 2-3 and 2-4 down with not long to go I didnt even see Bale, I thought he had been subbed off!!! I just feel had that been Wales for instance he would of demanded the ball and tried to be that man like Ronaldo...

Simeone has been that dude for Atletico...

Happy 187th Birthday to football (or one of rule founders of football)...

SOUCE:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ebenezer-cobb-morley-facts-football-13089083

'Who was Ebenezer Cobb Morley? How a Victorian lawyer ended up writing the rules of football and helped found the FA'

'Next time your football team is awarded a penalty, spare a thought for Ebenezer Cobb Morley .

Before he set down the rules of football in 1863, the game was much more chaotic than the version we know today.

Morley was born in Hull on August 16, 1831, 187 years ago today as marked with a Google Doodle.

The son of a minister, Morley grew up a sports enthusiast and went on to study law before he left East Yorkshire for London aged 27.

After joining Barnes Football Club in London, he realised that the game would be benefit from more structure and regulation.

He wrote to the sports newspaper Bell’s Life to make the case for a more organised game.

A meeting followed at Freeman’s Tavern where Morley was joined by members of football clubs across England, who all had input into the rulemaking before Morley drafted his list of 13 rules, which became the standard of play in England.

Morley’s laws helped reduce violence on the field — his 13th rule gives some indication of how unruly football used to be: 'No player shall wear projecting nails, iron plates, or gutta percha on the soles or heels of his boots.'

However he did think players should be able to “hack the front leg".

He also formalised the crucial rule we now call offsides, which prevents players from permanently stationing themselves behind an opponent’s defensive line, waiting for a pass.

Morley later helped establish the Football Association , which is still the governing body for football in Great Britain.

In 1863 he was elected the Honorary Secretary of the FA, holding the post until 1866 and president of the FA from 1867 to 1874.

Other groups from various countries made crucial developments to football as well, but thanks to Morley “the beautiful game” became less brutal, the action more spread out across the field, and is played the way it is today.'

-------------------------------------------------------------

LOL @ the fouling rule, I would love to see some of the first games just to see a 'front leg hack'...

Ebenezer%2BCobb%2BMorley.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back