Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry fellas but for some reason Sec+ and A+ is no longer downloading so I can upload it for yall. That CCNA stuff should be still active though

There is levels...

To work in an govt IT environment you need to be at least IAT level II and the baseline cert for that is
Sec+.

after that the cert you wanna get next depends on where you wanna be

Networking - CCNA
Security - CISSP or CASP
Systems - Windows or Linux depending on which environment
yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

There is levels...

To work in an govt IT environment you need to be at least IAT level II and the baseline cert for that is
Sec+.

after that the cert you wanna get next depends on where you wanna be

Networking - CCNA
Security - CISSP or CASP
Systems - Windows or Linux depending on which environment
If it was me I would I would CCNA, Cloud Cert(Azure, AWS or Google), some kinda of Security Cert. All these certs are attainable Google and YouTube is your friend.

that's easily a 100k+ salary no matter the state or city

Sec+ in a government gig is 100k salary as well

I’m pretty much in the same boat, though I do have customer service experience so I’m using that to get my foot in the door along with a few certifications
Yea its always been something that i thought about but i always figured it was too far out for me to accomplish cuz "computers are so complicated" so ive always hesitated but i always like pickin up new knowledge and hobbies/challenges and just with the ability to work remote or anywhere in world, make bank etc. Its very enticing.

Iigh so ill study A+ to understand the basics but ill focus on sec+ cert to start on the journey. Good plan?
Bruh A+ is entry level at best. Go for your CCNA or a Cloud Cert.

A+ is learning how to fix a computer that's basically a hour or two on YouTube. That CCNA will open so many doors for you bro. Net+ is the equivalent of a CCNA but CCNA is more valued in the market.

I posted the answers for the new CCNA. Do like me and take a hour or two every day and study that answer sheet and in 30 days take the test. Get certified and never look back

Yea its always been something that i thought about but i always figured it was too far out for me to accomplish cuz "computers are so complicated" so ive always hesitated but i always like pickin up new knowledge and hobbies/challenges and just with the ability to work remote or anywhere in world, make bank etc. Its very enticing.

Know where I got the idea of making IT a career? From the IC. I believe @BDP™️ said he was working a help desk position in the old IT thread in like 2010 and now look where he is. Never knew how to try to get into to until I saw the that thread and I finally decided this year to get into IT

A+ is learning how to fix a computer that's basically a hour or two on YouTube. That CCNA will open so many doors for you bro. Net+ is the equivalent of a CCNA but CCNA is more valued in the market.

I posted the answers for the new CCNA. Do like me and take a hour or two every day and study that answer sheet and in 30 days take the test. Get certified and never look back
Does the new CCNA have practicals or is it all questions

Bet bet

Real shit, yall should really focus on development or automation testing.

Wont need any degree or cert.

Im self taught. Over 6 figures for over 5 years now and only got a fake ass cert for the first time bout a year ago. Didnt even put the cert on my resume. And I dont have a degree either.

I keep telling everyone who is willing to listen that manual Software Testing is a life hack. Easiest shit ever. Can train a monkey to do it and get a 75k to 85k job.

And if you can get some skills and learn how to automate, easily over 100k.

Back