Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
THANK YOU!
Yea, this made me think of a study i saw a while back, on why a lot of poor Americans we're against raising the min wage. They all are thinking about when their multi-million dollar business takes off, how much profit they'd hypothetically lose to high wages. Cant see their own greed and selfishness is holding them back from reaching their dreams.

Idk whats funnier, Jay-z wearing that young ass goofy outfit or the NFL seriously trying to employ Jermaine.

Good chat about all this

Starts at 1:00

Hard to listen to him talk business and boss moves, when his computer chair is falling apart.
And i couldnt listen to all of this. He was saying some real dumb shit that over wrote the good shit he said. He said Kap kneeing in someones stadium is equivalent to someone pissing in your hallway and fucking up their money. Then went on to say nothing unjust happened to Kap, he did it to himself. smfh

Last edited:
this was on page 66... we are now on page 71... is it safe to say the only solution presented so far was for black folks to create their own league?
My point from the jump has been this, with this whole thing..

The only way you can solve a problem is to acknowledge what is wrong or has been wrong. Here is where we were at..

Kap took a knee in protest at the time that the anthem was played to bring attention to himself. With that attention that was brought to himself. He told the media the kneel Is a protest in symbolism for social injustice towards blacks in interaction with the law and law system.

Members of the media took that and spun it as this guy is disrespecting the country, the flag, and the troops. Kap reiterated his stance and got further flack with additional flack from politicians. Other players in support of Kap, in seeing how he was been spun against begin to kneel. Both in support of what his initial reasoning was and support to show they are with him.

The NFL begun to get flack, owners begin to threaten players behind closed doors. The NFL made its stance clear within the ownership group, that they could care less about what he knelt for. What he knelt for is not going to fuck up their business.

He and the first guy who sided with him on his team where black balled as examples as what happens when you disrespect "the shield"..the shield comes before whatever you and your friends and family may face in america due to the color of your skin.

That was their stance from last year all the way up to the day Jay announced the deal with them. And still even now as of yet have they an any way came out to support the stance for what Kap was kneeling for.

If Jay wanted to deal with them, that's fine..but first they needed to acknowledge what went wrong, what they did wrong, apologize for the disconnect, and then speak on what you are going to do in the future.

They skipped all the way to the final step and then even did that poorly.

No ones asking Jay to end social injustice, everyone's main thing is they have to be accountable publically first

this was on page 66... we are now on page 71... is it safe to say the only solution presented so far was for black folks to create their own league?
and im still the only person that has mentioned Demaurice Smith

My point from the jump has been this, with this whole thing..

The only way you can solve a problem is to acknowledge what is wrong or has been wrong. Here is where we were at..

Kap took a knee in protest at the time that the anthem was played to bring attention to himself. With that attention that was brought to himself. He told the media the kneel Is a protest in symbolism for social injustice towards blacks in interaction with the law and law system.

Members of the media took that and spun it as this guy is disrespecting the country, the flag, and the troops. Kap reiterated his stance and got further flack with additional flack from politicians. Other players in support of Kap, in seeing how he was been spun against begin to kneel. Both in support of what his initial reasoning was and support to show they are with him.

The NFL begun to get flack, owners begin to threaten players behind closed doors. The NFL made its stance clear within the ownership group, that they could care less about what he knelt for. What he knelt for is not going to fuck up their business.

He and the first guy who sided with him on his team where black balled as examples as what happens when you disrespect "the shield"..the shield comes before whatever you and your friends and family may face in america due to the color of your skin.

That was their stance from last year all the way up to the day Jay announced the deal with them. And still even now as of yet have they an any way came out to support the stance for what Kap was kneeling for.

If Jay wanted to deal with them, that's fine..but first they needed to acknowledge what went wrong, what they did wrong, apologize for the disconnect, and then speak on what you are going to do in the future.

They skipped all the way to the final step and then even did that poorly.

No ones asking Jay to end social injustice, everyone's main thing is they have to be accountable publically first

so they didn't do that giving Malcolm Jenkins 80 million for the Players Coalition....and even still...do they really have to explain all of that right now?

annnnnnd isn't that what Jay might be doing anyway "behind closed doors"?

so they didn't do that giving Malcolm Jenkins 80 million for the Players Coalition....and even still...do they really have to explain all of that right now?

annnnnnd isn't that what Jay might be doing anyway "behind closed doors"?

Me personally, yeah stand up infront of america and explain what you did and say that you were wrong.

If you disrespect me publicly apologize publicly. But that's just me, that ain't everybody. And that's where alot of us disagree I guess

Lets skip all the arguing of semantics of what Jay and the NFL may or may not do at this point.....

can we pivot this discussion to... what can regular folks do to help remedy the situation....

Far as I know none of us are millionaires like Kaep or Billionaires like Jay... how bout we brainstorm on what us regular folk can do to fix the ills of the community that we keep expecting these rich ass niggas to fix for us. How bout we start with that?

Lets skip all the arguing of semantics of what Jay and the NFL may or may not do at this point.....

can we pivot this discussion to... what can regular folks do to help remedy the situation....

Far as I know none of us are millionaires like Kaep or Billionaires like Jay... how bout we brainstorm on what us regular folk can do to fix the ills of the community that we keep expecting these rich ass niggas to fix for us. How bout we start with that?
I think those things are being done, I grew up near enough to the people who experienced the civil rights movement. In all black schools in the era that influenced public enemy. That I believe whole heartily in I'm black and I'm proud. That colorism programming, and white savior programming didnt work on me because the respect for my race was instilled to deep.

I was aware of what he was kneeling for and understood It every bit. There where alot of black people surprisingly not aware, programmed, ashamed of their heritage.

I think what Kap started, brought discussion and beliefs forward. You see people who dont know a brother stopping and recording police stops possibly saving lives. You see lawyers and cops giving tips on dealing with the law on social media. Just earlier in the cool table..

A post from twitter that got mad jokes on black twitter but was this young girl admitting since she got closer to her race through the understanding of injustice her biracial relationship is struggling.

Kap is theses kids NWA...if you wanna be real

Me personally, yeah stand up infront of america and explain what you did and say that you were wrong.

If you disrespect me publicly apologize publicly. But that's just me, that ain't everybody. And that's where alot of us disagree I guess

that's fair....i feel like Jay is going to interpret that message to them in some fashion and we just have to wait and see what comes of it cuz at the end of the day they don't have to do shit except keep the registers ringing and the only people they really owe an apology to in their minds is to Kap who they paid, and current players/employees who they prolly assume they can just do that every week with a paycheck.....if Jay changes their viewpoints and instills new ways of handling/expressing and accepting social justice issues from the black community which makes up a majority of the NFL's workforce i think that's a W.....if he helps the player coalition in their fight thru either contributions or using his own platforms to get initiatives started in black and brown neighborhoods and also gets to somehow own a team that's a W.....if he sets it up for other black people with money to get in the door and own a team(Tyler, Obama, Oprah, Dre, Diddy, etc.) that's a W.

I'm not looking for Jay to fix anything or he would've by now nor am I looking for the NFL to pander and apologize for their fuck shit. I also don't think he'd be a snake and tell a whole bunch of people not to fuck wit the league only to turn around and fuck wit the league for his own personal gain. Maybe he knew JD was gonna get low-balled on whatever offer they were going to give him for whatever business they wanted to do and now with a predominate black voice in the building he can prolly get JD and other minorities better deals with the NFL...at the end of the day we have to wait and see

its funny how niggas was ready to shit on him the minute when he bought Tidal and said it would fail a year after he bought it(some said 6 months just b/c the "over the top" press conference...lol) now he's actually competing with the heavyweights but it took time....we need to just let him figure it out cuz I'm sure there is a bigger plan here than what's been reported so far which hasn't been much anyway

Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins, a prominent member of the NFL Players Coalition, supported Carter's deal with the league on Monday.

"To sit across from billionaires and talk about issues and why they should be important and why the NFL should be highlighting them, I think having somebody like Jay-Z, who can add to that conversation, who does these things on a daily basis and has a history of doing those things, helps us as players to have an ally like that. So I'm looking forward to seeing what that turns into," Jenkins said.

Jay-Z’s Rocawear clothing line has started to produce “Occupy All Streets” shirts which is clearly based on the title of what some are referring to as the largest social justice movement of our generation. The only hitch here is that the company has no intention to share profits with the movement. Jay-Z earned $63 million last year, a grotesque amount of money considering the current economic state of the world, but I digress, yet still refuses to share profits.

As a result of hisScrooge” like tendencies, sculptor, Daniel Edwards, who supports the Occupy movement sculptured a totem pole which represents Jay-Z as the base topped by Mr. Burns from the Simpsons, Scrooge McDuck from Disney’s “A Christmas Carol”
and Richie Rich.

The only remaining question now is should Jay-Z’s company share the profits from the shirt with the organizers of the movement?

Last edited:
Back