Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are your expectations for your S/O?

caddo man

This may take awhile!
I always tell people that what made me pick my wife wasnt the sex, or she was the prettiest or had the biggest ass. It was that she had expectations of me. More expectations than I had for myself. That made me start to step up and become a better person.

I tell people that my wife didnt change me. I changed myself to live up to her expectations.
-A relationship expectation was to meet the parents. I had to meet them. Especially after the 3rd date. It was mandatory. Also going to her church was on that list after the parents one. I showed one time so hung over I was snoring in church but I got "saved" after that fiasco so...................take that as you will.
-One life expectation was not staying in a apartment. My wife always stayed in a house. I always stayed in an apartment on the shady side of town as an adult. She wasnt having that.
-A second life one was managing my money. I was horrible to begin with but I had gotten better bout time I met her. But she was adamant that I needed to get even better. No more letting people borrow money that I need myself. Never give away money you have plans for. FYI: This advice came after marriage.

Those are just two examples. The question is , Do you have expectations for your S/O in your relationship? Is it things that you have to have your S/O do that isnt even up for debate.

Let have some parameters here. Lying, Cheating, and the typical relationship breakers are obvious answers. Lets step out the box here.

dont give me no STDs and dont force me to have to hurt anyone over some shit you did simple as that

1.I expect her to immediately warn me whenever I violate any of her gangsta beeyoch codes

2. Love me over her weapons

3. sing songs in my name

Im a simple man I dont ask for much lol

I dont think anybody had solid expectations going into it, but they come along.

My case is similar to t/s.....She just came in my life and basically challenged me to be better in every way I could

I had a lot of legal issues to take care of, bm/kid drama, I too was terrible with money/credit, etc

the progress I've made in this short time is kinda bittersweet, just knowing I never would have pushed myself like that....but wondering we're I'd be if I did or could have

most of my real expectations from her are with home and kids......thats really all I "request" of her, just take care of home first and foremost

everything else she does already surpassed anything I had ever had in a relationship so I couldnt really ask for more

I still do tho lol

No crazy shyt. I mean she has stepped to edge a couple of times, but didn't jump off the ledge

I just expect her to continue being the woman that she is cuz that's who I fell in love with.

Back