Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black 🖤

👑The Fall Off👑
I decided to make a spinoff of @NeighborhoodNomad 's thread, Things Men Need to Know. So what are some things that women should do in a relationship/marriage to keep it healthy and strong? Are there things you want us to know that we sometimes misconstrue or can't/don't quite understand? Inquiring minds would like to know...

Last edited:
Teeth while giving head, is NEVER a good thing.

Respect his time to wanna chill to himself. Don't wait til he's watching a game, or playing his video game, or just watching his favorite TV show, to come interrupt him to vent about whateva it is you wanna vent about. If it's not life or death, then you can wait.

Don't drag him to every lil function your friends have. Especially if he's not close to your people's or even know them. If you do, stay by his side. Do you know how awkward it is to just bounce on a brotha, and leave him around people he dunno. Standing around lookin lost. Having to hold awkward conversations with people who wanna talk about shyt who know they don't talk about wit anyone else.

If you want us to shower wit you, please for the sake of our flesh and internal organs, DO NOT have the water temp set to "Hell, Fire, and Brimstone".

I'm not him the things you do and play with these other men will not work over here.

Strip away all the common and superficial shit cool you have breast and a vagina but what are you about? What do you stand for? Do you know and have you found yourself?
Ultimately are you worth it?

Aight so I've thought about this some more..A couple of things to note

Ladies, show some interest in his hobbies/things he likes to do. I get it, you might not necessarily like video games or even understand or know how to play them, but why not just ask him to show you just for a few minutes? Unless he is an absolute asshole, which in this case, if he is, then why you still with him, but he won't mind you playing with him for a few minutes because in that moment you are showing him you support him in the things he likes to do outside the relationship. One thing I love that @Reesey has said is that she finds pleasure in just being around her husband even when he is playing video games because she can just read a book or something and he don't necessarily have to interact with her for her to feel like she's getting attention.

Learn to love the comfortable silence. Some men are very talkative, most men aren't. Accept that it's ok for y'all to just be in the same area and not actually talk in order for that to count as quality time.

Appreciate the pockets of time ya'll do spend together. Piggy backing off my previous remark, not every single moment is gonna be filled with 2hr conversations. But while talking in pockets, you will soon realize that those pockets of time can turn into long in depth conversations.

Rub a nigga from time to time. I ain't talking about no massage, but just the stroke of y'all's soft ass hands can do so much to make a brotha feel loved/appreciated. Referring to @MissK thread about love languages (which I highly recommend you read if you haven't), physical touch might not be his primary or even secondary language, but I bet he will appreciate your touch all the same, especially if he's had a shitty day.

Don't make quality time only be about going out and getting dressed up to do stuff. I know white people have made Netflix and chill corny af, but still, it never was an issue before when y'all would do this, but all of a sudden, then only time you count something as quality time is if it's in a restaurant? Goes back to appreciate the pockets of time. I'm not saying don't ever go anywhere or do anything nice, but don't let that be the rule, let that be the exception.

Don't domesticate your man. I'm not saying your guy shouldn't be doing any house hold chores or anything but I guess what I mean is let him be the man and not a make version of you. Men are rational thinkers and generally make decisions based on logic. Stop trying to make him think like you.

Don't emasculate your man. You can't say you want a man to be the head in the relationship, yet you question every single thing he does. I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion. You most certainly should voice any concerns especially if it's something you don't fully understand. You should most definitely ask questions, however, don't call/suggest his ideas stupid or dumb or make him feel like his efforts are in vain. If you wanna make all the decisions, then be by yourself.

When having an argument or heated exchange, your body language is everything. Stop cutting your eyes, smacking your lips, and doing that thing with your teeth that says you not trying to hear what he's saying. Accept what he's saying. Unless it's a bold face lie, just listen and understand that if you say you love/care about him then he is only telling you these things because he doesn't want this to escalate and continue to be an issue.

This goes with the statement above but I just had to put it by itself, but for crying out loud, please, DON'T CUT HIM OFF WHILE HE IS TALKING. THIS IS NOT YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO TRY AND GET YOUR POINT ACROSS. Even if you disagree, just listen and wait until he is finished. Remember when I said most men aren't talkers? Well imagine when finally decides to share something with you and you keep cutting him off. How do you think that makes him feel? It's ok for you to just listen sometimes.

Take your man out sometimes. How about you call him while he at work and ask him out to lunch. Or you plan the outing. Whether big or small, how about you come up with the idea of what y'all doing on that outing?

I don't wanna take over the convo lol. I have a lot more but I wanna let my brethren have a chance to give their pov

Aight so I've thought about this some more..A couple of things to note

Ladies, show some interest in his hobbies/things he likes to do. I get it, you might not necessarily like video games or even understand or know how to play them, but why not just ask him to show you just for a few minutes? Unless he is an absolute asshole, which in this case, if he is, then why you still with him, but he won't mind you playing with him for a few minutes because in that moment you are showing him you support him in the things he likes to do outside the relationship. One thing I love that @Reesey has said is that she finds pleasure in just being around her husband even when he is playing video games because she can just read a book or something and he don't necessarily have to interact with her for her to feel like she's getting attention.

Learn to love the comfortable silence. Some men are very talkative, most men aren't. Accept that it's ok for y'all to just be in the same area and not actually talk in order for that to count as quality time.

Appreciate the pockets of time ya'll do spend together. Piggy backing off my previous remark, not every single moment is gonna be filled with 2hr conversations. But while talking in pockets, you will soon realize that those pockets of time can turn into long in depth conversations.

Rub a nigga from time to time. I ain't talking about no massage, but just the stroke of y'all's soft ass hands can do so much to make a brotha feel loved/appreciated. Referring to @MissK thread about love languages (which I highly recommend you read if you haven't), physical touch might not be his primary or even secondary language, but I bet he will appreciate your touch all the same, especially if he's had a shitty day.

Don't make quality time only be about going out and getting dressed up to do stuff. I know white people have made Netflix and chill corny af, but still, it never was an issue before when y'all would do this, but all of a sudden, then only time you count something as quality time is if it's in a restaurant? Goes back to appreciate the pockets of time. I'm not saying don't ever go anywhere or do anything nice, but don't let that be the rule, let that be the exception.
The bolded don't sound good to me but I get the gist of what you're saying. Appreciating each other's presence is important.

Don't domesticate your man. I'm not saying your guy shouldn't be doing any house hold chores or anything but I guess what I mean is let him be the man and not a make version of you. Men are rational thinkers and generally make decisions based on logic. Stop trying to make him think like you.
smh

The bolded don't sound good to me but I get the gist of what you're saying. Appreciating each other's presence is important.
I want to clear up any misunderstanding you may have, please, elaborate

Back