Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

@ Kandy. There is what some people call free form locs and than there is twisted locs. @ Goldie is a fan of free form but that may not work for you

Well the man I was referring to has twisted locs and boy are they beautiful.
If you go a long time without twisting your hair they will free form. Some people start that way some don’t. Just make sure if you are going to start them twisted that they are thick. Probably thicker than you ant them to be because when they get twisted they will get smaller or after a while you can start to marry them to make them thicker if you don’t like the size.

If you go a long time without twisting your hair they will free form. Some people start that way some don’t. Just make sure if you are going to start them twisted that they are thick. Probably thicker than you ant them to be because when they get twisted they will get smaller or after a while you can start to marry them to make them thicker if you don’t like the size.
This was my main concern! I want them to be thick and not skinny. I don’t like skinny locs.

@Kandy. I am not sure how long your hair is but understand that no matter which way your hair starts you will go through a period where you won’t be able to control them. I am not sure how the people who you work for will react to you at that stage. I was still in corporate America and I had three locs that would not fall no matter what I did. They just stood up straight. Needless to say there were people who had an issue.

@Kandy. I am not sure how long your hair is but understand that no matter which way your hair starts you will go through a period where you won’t be able to control them. I am not sure how the people who you work for will react to you at that stage. I was still in corporate America and I had three locs that would not fall no matter what I did. They just stood up straight. Needless to say there were people who had an issue.
My hair when straightened is down to my bra hook. After today, I’m not so sure after all the shed. I work at a school so, I’m able to wear scarves and stuff if I have to hide any locs that wanna do its own thing.

I feel like women have it easier as they can wear wigs

Knew a chick in the army that’s was growing her locs under a wig

Back