Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Main Problem In Relationships, When There Is A Problem

I'd likely say something along the lines of "well, we're together, so obviously something is going right" and laugh it off because that part is true lol. I wouldn't be with them if I didn't think something was worthwhile or that the hurdle we're going through can't be overcome. I have really high standards for myself and my relationships so I wouldn't hesitate to dead it if I thought I had a relationship that didn't have at least some good. And as my parents who presumably know me, they'd know that. I don't do lukewarm.

Also, I'm more likely to pay an objective therapist to listen to my whining than I am to confide in people who will likely look that same person in the eye at dinner that weekend. That's a no-no.

Great answer, so if you're at your parents house for let's say Thanksgiving dinner and your dude does something asshole-ish, (like fuss at you because you didn't do something lol), you know sometimes couples have their spats in front of family (maybe that's just my family and the ppl I know type shit) and the family sees it. Do you express your anger at that moment and walk around with a sad face or do you keep a smile on your face, play it off like it aint nothing and just keep your distance from your dude to let him know he did something ass-hole-ish?

I guess I'm trying to ask, how do you avoid the obvious when something goes wrong in front of ppl and they ask?

Great answer, so if you're at your parents house for let's say Thanksgiving dinner and your dude does something asshole-ish, (like fuss at you because you didn't do something lol), you know sometimes couples have their spats in front of family (maybe that's just my family and the ppl I know type shit) and the family sees it. Do you express your anger at that moment and walk around with a sad face or do you keep a smile on your face, play it off like it aint nothing and just keep your distance from your dude to let him know he did something ass-hole-ish?

I guess I'm trying to ask, how do you avoid the obvious when something goes wrong in front of ppl and they ask?
if he publicly humiliates me, there odds I won't break up with him are low.

I only bring you around family if we're engaged or damn near engaged, so making a scene in front of them is a huge breech of the trust built to get to that point.

ya that's some uncharacteristic shit right there, and obviously not the person i married..

something like that go down, we need to get to the cause of that immediately.....cuz that ain't normal, and is highly unacceptable...

there's been times i've spazzed out on her family, and she hopped right in the car with me when i left.....and this was before rings, marriage or kids.....so i mean if she was ride or die then, and switched up now.....

yea...shit ain't cool

there's been times i've spazzed out on her family, and she hopped right in the car with me when i left...
without being specific, did you have valid grounds to do this? cuz that too is reason to end it imo, disrespecting family without good reason

without being specific, did you have valid grounds to do this? cuz that too is reason to end it imo, disrespecting family without good reason
Absolutely, i ain't gonna get into all the details cuz it was some family shit.....but i've never responded in a way that embarrassed or shamed anyone....

i make no excuses for who i am or how i am.....if u do some geek ass shit that you might be able to get away with on other people.....you can't be mad i ain't let you get away with that same geek ass shit...

so as a rule...my wife's family has learned over the years.....when they wanna get on that dumb ass geek shit......either wait till i'm gone... or expect me to be me......

she's the same way, and the tend not to geek much around her, cuz even before me and her got together she was always the one anyway to shut a lotta that dumb shit down herself.....with me being the way i am.... it's just more of the same for them...

love them to death... but they know how to step over some lines if anything else

Keep people out your business.
Communicate.
Stop trying to live up to other people’s standards.
Stop trying to fix what’s not broken.
Stop forcing shit, let it flow or let it go.

Don’t settle for something less then complain you’re unhappy.
Compromise and sacrifice.

That shyt is embarrassing tho. We don't do that shyt...BUT...her azzz gets passive aggressive as hell. To the point where she may not act out in front of folks, but she makes it obvious that there's tension.

I hate that shyt.

Back