Welcome To aBlackWeb

NBA Could Start Drafting High School Players Again

Make the G League more important and pay them more and I’m all in
this

whats the point in having every team have their own g league affiliate if you just gon fill it with dudes who went overseas and came back stateside.

The one and done rule was strictly for the NCAA to make money off top recruits coming out of HS.

If you are elite it should be your choice to go pro, go to college or go to the G league where they are now starting to use it as a farming system.

You got coaches making $8M annually but if a player gets $20 for a meal they could lose their eligibility? That's fucked up

The one and done rule was strictly for the NCAA to make money off top recruits coming out of HS.

If you are elite it should be your choice to go pro, go to college or go to the G league where they are now starting to use it as a farming system.

You got coaches making $8M annually but if a player gets $20 for a meal they could lose their eligibility? That's fucked up

I agree 100% with your statements but I have to point out that the 1 and done rule is actually an NBA rule not an NCAA rule. The rules the NCAA has is if a person signs with an agent their eligibility is lost.

The NBPA aka the players in the pros signed off on the age limit to help keep veteran players employed.

The NCAA needs to step up though and do something to help these young men and women whose families and them are struggling to maintain while making 100’s of millions for these schools. You can’t be mad at these young people for doing all they can to maintain.

I agree 100% with your statements but I have to point out that the 1 and done rule is actually an NBA rule not an NCAA rule. The rules the NCAA has is if a person signs with an agent their eligibility is lost.

The NBPA aka the players in the pros signed off on the age limit to help keep veteran players employed.

The NCAA needs to step up though and do something to help these young men and women whose families and them are struggling to maintain while making 100’s of millions for these schools. You can’t be mad at these young people for doing all they can to maintain.

Oh fasho! I understand that but maybe I'm thinking too far on the "conspiracy" side of things like the NCAA was like y'all need to cut us some slack.

I think about how lacking college hoops would be if someone like a Deandre Ayton went straight to the league who is physically ready right now. They'd be sick if all the top talent went pro.

And contrary to what most people believe a lot of these big colleges aren't developing players.
If you are talented enough college does nothing for you. Just look at how these 2nd year players go into summer league and dominate or how these technically 2nd year players are up for ROY. If you go to the league you are going to get better because hoops is all you'll be doing. You have nothing but time to train.

Oh fasho! I understand that but maybe I'm thinking too far on the "conspiracy" side of things like the NCAA was like y'all need to cut us some slack.

I think about how lacking college hoops would be if someone like a Deandre Ayton went straight to the league who is physically ready right now. They'd be sick if all the top talent went pro.

And contrary to what most people believe a lot of these big colleges aren't developing players.
If you are talented enough college does nothing for you. Just look at how these 2nd year players go into summer league and dominate or how these technically 2nd year players are up for ROY. If you go to the league you are going to get better because hoops is all you'll be doing. You have nothing but time to train.

Of course the NBA and NCAA are in bed together. Making the young men go to school makes it easier for the NBA to scout players and protect bad front offices from themselves.

I think if you go to college u need to stay 2 years. A ot if these high school players not mature or strong enough to play in the NBA yet.

Also I think the NBA playing chess with the NCAA. What does the NCAA do. They just sit and collect the checks then act tough when a bad headline comes around.

I bet they been planning this g league cuz they know the NCAA ain' bout shit

what trips me out is how everyone think that all of a sudden, the G-league is just gonna be flooded with 18 yrs olds

im sure there will still be some sort of tryout process to see if you have what it takes and it will weed kids out

if you dont get picked, the deal should be you should still be able to go to college and not lose your amateur status b/c you tried out for the G League

what trips me out is how everyone think that all of a sudden, the G-league is just gonna be flooded with 18 yrs olds

im sure there will still be some sort of tryout process to see if you have what it takes and it will weed kids out

if you dont get picked, the deal should be you should still be able to go to college and not lose your amateur status b/c you tried out for the G League

I agree with you that it will not be super flooded with high schoolers go to the G-league. But if the G-league ups the salary to like 100 or 300K a year maximum I could see a lot of kids opting for that route.

But how the G-league is now, more high schoolers for sure would go to play NCAA ball because their travel, schedule and sometime gym situations are better than some of these G-league teams.

I agree with you that it will not be super flooded with high schoolers go to the G-league. But if the G-league ups the salary to like 100 or 300K a year maximum I could see a lot of kids opting for that route.

But how the G-league is now, more high schoolers for sure would go to play NCAA ball because their travel, schedule and sometime gym situations are better than some of these G-league teams.
nah man, you not getting my point

just because you tryout, wont mean you make it

there are still going to be roster limits

not every 18 year old will be able to make the jump

BUT, if you go and try out, and you dont make it, you should still be able to go to college

nah man, you not getting my point

just because you tryout, wont mean you make it

there are still going to be roster limits

not every 18 year old will be able to make the jump

BUT, if you go and try out, and you dont make it, you should still be able to go to college

I agree that the kids shouldn’t loose their NCAA eligibility if they enter the draft and don’t get picked up. I can also understand from the schools perspective that it is hard for them to prepare while waiting on the outcome of the draft to see what players will be available.

I said in another post that the kids should be able to go back to school but I think to make it fair to the schools the kids should have to stay at least 2 years if they decide to go to school.

I feel the way baseball has it set up is perfect for the NBA.

I agree that the kids shouldn’t loose their NCAA eligibility if they enter the draft and don’t get picked up. I can also understand from the schools perspective that it is hard for them to prepare while waiting on the outcome of the draft to see what players will be available.

I said in another post that the kids should be able to go back to school but I think to make it fair to the schools the kids should have to stay at least 2 years if they decide to go to school.

I feel the way baseball has it set up is perfect for the NBA.
man fuck these schools lol

they paying coaches $10M+...let them earn their checks lol

You see the game here? Since Lavar Ball wanted to start is own thing to pay the players, the NBA wants to bring the high school drafting back.

Back