Welcome To aBlackWeb

Monogamy is a prison

People should do whats best for them lol

Im just sharing how I feel.

why are yall so fucking insecure?
why are you becoming antagonistic and defensive when a reasonable question was asked? there's no insecurity in my replies. I spoke on my opinion and didn't even share my personal view/experiences/feelings. calm yourself.

All I did was share how I feel about monogamy.
I may practice it but I also understand how it may be a colonized construct and often times a SCAM.

like wth.

Now yall confused me. I think she was talking about the tweet. Then said we all have a choice in our relationship on how we want to get down. At least thats what im thinking.

why are you becoming antagonistic and defensive when a reasonable question was asked? there's no insecurity in my replies. I spoke on my opinion and didn't even share my personal view/experiences/feelings. calm yourself.

I am calm and your replies read to me as insecure

just like I guess my replies read to you as antagonistic and defensive foh

Youre obtuse.

If I say I am practicing monogamy with someone, and thats what we agree to why would I give them a hall pass?

READ WHAT IM WRITING AND STOP PULLING BULLSHIT OUT YOUR ASS.

Im more so speaking about societal norms and how its molds ppls idealogies around monogamy and marriage

I posted before I had a chance to read your post. Relax.

Up until that post, you'd never given indication that you were/had been in a polyamorous relationship.

Are you still in that relationship? How'd it turn out for you?

I am calm and your replies read to me as insecure

just like I guess my replies read to you as antagonistic and defensive foh
nah this is BS. I've criticized marriage and treating monogamy as a default on multiple occasions. I commented on faults in an argument presented in a tweet and shared my opinion on the argument, that was it. if you've seen otherwise, by all means back it up with quotes. otherwise, I call BS.

looks like you feel attacked and are lashing out at every turn. make sure you do it rationally unless you have no issue with appearing wildly defensive. happens to everyone, it's ok to admit that.

nah this is BS. I've criticized marriage and treating monogamy as a default on multiple occasions. I commented on faults in an argument presented in a tweet and shared my opinion on the argument, that was it. if you've seen otherwise, by all means back it up with quotes. otherwise, I call BS.

looks like you feel attacked and are lashing out at every turn. make sure you do it rationally unless you have no issue with appearing wildly defensive. happens to everyone, it's ok to admit that.

Listen Im not defensive.

Soon you and everybody on this bitch will realize I dont be that invested. I say how I feel, yall pick it apart and vice versa, we debate about it and I go on with my day.

you can ask @HellCzar nothing on this forum is worth that amount of energy for me and I speak how I feel, just like this, in real life.

I think to be defensive requires way more energy than Im willing to put out.

I said how I felt and in typical bird fashion, yall misconstrued it, misinterpreted it and when I stand up for myself and say ā€œPause thats not what I meantā€ you call me antagonistic and mad.

I type in caps so you understand what the fuck Im driving at not because Im angry.

I curse a lot and it should not be taken for anger as well

in the famous words of lauryn hill ā€œeven after all my logic and my theory, I add a ā€˜motherfuckerā€™ so you ignorant niggas hear meā€

Went left
Sure did.

why are yall so fucking insecure?

In the interest of being self-critical, I had a look through my posts in this thread to double-check how I may have come across in case there was any validity in this criticism.

what she described can easily apply in polygamous situations. there are many criticisms of monogamy but this aint one.

I guess codependency comes into the mix when you get your validation from them.

the error in this is that can still happen in non-monogamous situations. how many people do we know who have multiple romantic partners or sex partners and aint got a healthy relationship with them or themselves? that's common af too.

the issue is the ppl, not monogamy.
I hear you, but what you describe is codependency and not monogamy. the opening tweet mentions monogamy in the wrong context too. that's why this is happening. monogamy doesn't entail one person depending on you for everything. all it means is that you're romantically/sexually exclusive to one another. all this other shit is just being attached to it when they're not mutually dependent.

"codependency is a prison" would've been a better title and that same tweet could've been achieved, with more relevance, without even bringing up monogamy. the definition of monogamy has never been depending on one person as the source of your happiness.
you spoke ill of polygamy too tho @Race Jones, saying it'd result in rich men hoarding women. monogamy is a big revered scam, polygamy is exploitative. what does that leave in your eyes?
I didn't say it was.

this is what I'm asking.

what do you think is the healthiest alternative?

images

Yeah, doesn't look too valid to me.

Listen Im not defensive.

Soon you and everybody on this bitch will realize I dont be that invested. I say how I feel, yall pick it apart and vice versa, we debate about it and I go on with my day.

you can ask @HellCzar nothing on this forum is worth that amount of energy for me and I speak how I feel, just like this, in real life.

I think to be defensive requires way more energy than Im willing to put out.

I said how I felt and in typical bird fashion, yall misconstrued it, misinterpreted it and when I stand up for myself and say ā€œPause thats not what I meantā€ you call me antagonistic and mad.

I type in caps so you understand what the fuck Im driving at not because Im angry.

I curse a lot and it should not be taken for anger as well

in the famous words of lauryn hill ā€œeven after all my logic and my theory, I add a ā€˜motherfuckerā€™ so you ignorant niggas hear meā€

Oh but you are defensive. That isn't in your tone but in the fact that you referred to anyone who said anything but utter agreement with you, even if they weren't solely disagreeing with you, as a monolith and name-called ('in typical bird fashion', etc). That's defensive behavior. Lord knows I get defensive too so idk why you're denying the obvious when there's no shame in it. Take your projections elsewhere.

The whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaite man has forced this notion of devotion to one person on us these eurocentric sensabilities is corrupting the black soul i implore you to untether yourselves and open your third eye

Pass the bacon

The whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaite man has forced this notion of devotion to one person on us these eurocentric sensabilities is corrupting the black soul i implore you to untether yourselves and open your third eye

Pass the bacon

I had to weigh my options with what reaction to give this.

"Lol" won.

:uk:

But you on notice migga

Back