Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Leading cause for divorce.

What do y'all think the leading cause of divorce is?
Honestly, marriage isn't what people believe it is. Maybe if ur lucky, the first 2 maybe 3 years are like u assume marriage to be. But after the honeymoon stage wear off an ur in that territory where if y'all were just dating. And this person does or is doing shit that is a deal breakers for u.

To actually deal with the fact that I can't just up and leave. Can lead to destructive behavior that can lead to divorce. Marriage just isn't for everyone, and they don't realize it till they get married.

all of the above

but sometimes, people just evolve and dont stay the person they were when they met

nothing wrong with it, but both people should be growing in some facet, and when they arent, thats another cause

all of the above

but sometimes, people just evolve and dont stay the person they were when they met

nothing wrong with it, but both people should be growing in some facet, and when they arent, thats another cause
That is very true, get married young and marriage in an odd way positively helps u grow. While the other person is exactly who they were when y'all met. Till the point where u feel like they changed. When in fact, you changed, and you see them for who they are. When before that was what attracted you to begin wit. Now it's a total turn off

marriage is like college...

it's just an institution.. how well you do is up to how much work you put in....

a lotta very intelligent and successful people never went to college or flunked out......

and a lotta people did great, and it was the best experience of their lives......

some wasted a whole lotta time, money, flunked out, and are still paying for it today.........

everyone experience varies....

marriage is like college...

it's just an institution.. how well you do is up to how much work you put in....

a lotta very intelligent and successful people never went to college or flunked out......

and a lotta people did great, and it was the best experience of their lives......

some wasted a whole lotta time, money, flunked out, and are still paying for it today.........

everyone experience varies....
i disagree with this b/c in a marriage it takes two

in college, you are paying so it ultimately falls on you to get the most out of the situation

in a marriage, if your partner is unwilling to change...then what?

you gotta do whats best for you at that point

i disagree with this b/c in a marriage it takes two

in college, you are paying so it ultimately falls on you to get the most out of the situation

in a marriage, if your partner is unwilling to change...then what?

you gotta do whats best for you at that point
doesn't change the fact that you still have to put everything you have into it....

even if the other person does not, as long as you know you put your all into making it work, the failure of it would be no fault of your own.....

and that would be my biggest fear with divorce, if i knew i coulda did more, but i didn't....so i get what you saying... but my reasoning for that analogy is that you have to put your all into it regardless...which still stands as a point.

Last edited:
doesn't change the fact that you still have to put everything you have into it....

even if the other person does not, as long as you know you put your all into making it work, the failure if it would be no fault of your own.....

and that would be my biggest fear with divorce, if i knew i coulda did more, but i didn't....so i get what you saying... but my reasoning for that analogy is that you have to put your all into it regardless...which still stands as a point.

nah man lol

i dont wanna get hung up on this b/c i think i know the point you are trying to make but for a min

you got to college, this isnt high school where mama come in there waking you up before she go to work. You are on your own, its up to you do go to class. Professor gives homework and doesnt check it, the responsibility is solely yours to keep up with the assignments so that you are prepared for the test. The professor gets paid either way and doesnt care if you show or not

in a marriage, BOTH parties have to contribute equally in various aspects. Your spouse is supposed to care if you are available or show up or not. Your spouse is supposed to be as invested as you are. Your college professor dont give a shit. You are a number on a roster to them.

nah man lol

i dont wanna get hung up on this b/c i think i know the point you are trying to make but for a min

you got to college, this isnt high school where mama come in there waking you up before she go to work. You are on your own, its up to you do go to class. Professor gives homework and doesnt check it, the responsibility is solely yours to keep up with the assignments so that you are prepared for the test. The professor gets paid either way and doesnt care if you show or not

in a marriage, BOTH parties have to contribute equally in various aspects. Your spouse is supposed to care if you are available or show up or not. Your spouse is supposed to be as invested as you are. Your college professor dont give a shit. You are a number on a roster to them.
you getting caught up in semantics...

i'm not highlighting the college experience, i'm highlighting marriage....

all i'm using college ONLY for the characteristics i listed.

stop over analyzing my reference, you always do this......

you getting caught up in semantics...

i'm not highlighting the college experience, i'm highlighting marriage....

all i'm using college ONLY for the characteristics i listed.

stop over analyzing my reference, you always do this......
ok man

no need to get caught up on semantics then

Honestly, marriage isn't what people believe it is. Maybe if ur lucky, the first 2 maybe 3 years are like u assume marriage to be. But after the honeymoon stage wear off an ur in that territory where if y'all were just dating. And this person does or is doing shit that is a deal breakers for u.

To actually deal with the fact that I can't just up and leave. Can lead to destructive behavior that can lead to divorce. Marriage just isn't for everyone, and they don't realize it till they get married.
then why not just join the 50% of marriages that end in divorce? I don't get why you're normalizing misery.

Back