Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lavar Ball- Great Father/Business man or a fool?

you know what i see....

a helluva salesman....

he created worth for it because he SAID IT WAS WORTH something.....

man is yall seeing the same game being played i'm seeing???

if this was free marketing.....lawd....

god forbid this was a paid appearance....

you can't get me to root against this guy....this dude is killing it....

Ok but from what I see son number 3 is the best player. Let's say number 1 doesn't have the impact on the game the way the father expects. Has he hurt son number three?

Didn't number 1 already get turned down by every big name company already? smh

What's he selling besides shoes that cost too much?

Anyway, I Lol'd at him the second he complained about the white kids on his sons team. For one, his own son is white. Two, his son is playing for UCLA. If his son was a great black athlete he shoulda went to an hbcu, so his competition would be other black kids, not a school that is notoriously racist. And racist or not, they care about winning, so if they thought his son would win the game, he would been in there. Ball just likes to whine. He acts like Chino Hills isn't all white and like that's not the exact reason he moved there. Miss me....

His son might go top 5 in the draft el

He Is that good
K

But if he's that good his skills should speak for themselves. Why is his dad complaining about his race? Especially the black side? Nobody ever said "Kobe got benched cause he's black." Oh they don't play LeBron "cause he's black." Where they do that at? His son didnt start in a game. Ok. But Universities/colleges/nba play to win. Majority of ballers are black. If he's that great, he'll get play, white black asian or whatever he is. Right? So, I don't see dad's beef. Maybe someone can explain?

If Gucci can charge 500+ for shoes, and muthafuccas but it, why can't he?

I was one of those who 1st said he needed to stfu...but then I saw his interviews. I saw what he's trying to do, and why he's doing it. Makes sense. Smart move on his part.

As I said b4, love him or hate him, folks are talkin about him regardless.

K

But if he's that good his skills should speak for themselves. Why is his dad complaining about his race? Especially the black side? Nobody ever said "Kobe got benched cause he's black." Oh they don't play LeBron "cause he's black." Where they do that at? His son didnt start in a game. Ok. But Universities/colleges/nba play to win. Majority of ballers are black. If he's that great, he'll get play, white black asian or whatever he is. Right? So, I don't see dad's beef. Maybe someone can explain?
The fact that he's so quick to pull the race card with no fucks given and make all them white folk faces get red with anxiety completely validated that move IMO

Shit like that makes for great TV while eating breakfast

I've pretty much tuned out Lavar Ball, he's just saying stuff for shock value. Just let your son go out there and ball and let his play do the talking. We complain about these very parents when they are acting a fool but since he's on tv it's alright.

All Ima say is

Nobody said shit when Archie Manning told the Chargers "Fuck yall Eli not playing for yall bum asses" and forced a trade.

And a lot of these white kids fathers are exactly like LaVarr Ball, they are just not smart or savvy enough to market themselves and create publicity, monetize it and create a brand off of it.

And to him not getting any other apparel endorsements...why only take a portion of what Nike or UA makes off of your name and image...when you can create your own and get 100% and have full control.

I agree with the poster above but will he try to sign a contact like Jordan where he owns his own image? How far are they going to take it?

He wants 3 Billion now

LaVar Ball wants $3B for shoe deal, sees no need to market to women
ESPN.com news services

LaVar Ball said Wednesday that if Nike, Under Armour or Adidas want to make a deal with his Big Baller Brand now, the asking price is $3 billion and that he sees no need to market his products to women.

In a wide-ranging interview with FS1's "The Herd with Colin Cowherd," LaVar Ball reiterated that he only wants his son, Lonzo Ball, to play for the Los Angeles Lakers and revealed he's sold 400 to 500 pairs of $495 ZO2 shoes since its launch two weeks ago.

Ball was asked about dealing with the big shoe companies and said they will regret not making a deal with him after his son is picked by the Lakers.

If they want to talk to me now, it just went up to $3 billion. Triple Bs, billion, billion, billion.

”- LaVar Ball, on asking price of big shoe companies if they want to make a deal

"Now that Lonzo's headed to Los Angeles, what they should have done is give me a billion dollars and let me be on my way," he said.

Told that number was unrealistic, Ball replied: "unrealistic to you."

"Now you know ... if they want to talk to me now, it just went up to $3 billion. Triple Bs, billion, billion, billion," he said, adding: "That's the only way they going to come at me. I'm already in the building. I don't need them for nothing, as you can tell."

A source confirmed to ESPN's Darren Rovell that Ball's asking price with the big shoe companies was indeed $1 billion.

Fox Sports reporter Kristine Leahy argued that for Big Baller Brand to be appealing to the big shoe companies he would have to market his products to women. Ball scoffed at the idea.

"Yeah, if you have a women's company. ... We're talking about Big Baller Brand," he said.

Ball reiterated Wednesday that his son will only work out for the Lakers and that the team will make the playoffs if it selects Lonzo with the No. 2 overall pick in the NBA draft.

LaVar Ball explained why he doesn't believe the Boston Celtics, who hold the No. 1 overall pick, would be a fit for his son.

"If Lonzo goes to Boston, he turns into a 2. ... Lonzo's always going to be a point guard. He can play any position but his true position is point guard and Boston has so many guards, you don't need that guy," he said.

LaVar Ball did say however, that if the Celtics pick his son and he wants to play in Boston he won't stand in the way.

"Here's the thing: I prefer Zo to go to the Lakers, but if Boston were to choose him and Lonzo wants to play basketball, then guess what, he doesn't care where he goes," he said.

Whichever team drafts Lonzo Ball, one thing is clear: LaVar Ball won't be going away.

"Dad is never going to go away. I'm always going to be his dad. Just like people say, I need to fall back. I don't walk behind my son, I walk on the side of him, so I'm always going to be on the side," he said.

Back