Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lavar Ball- Great Father/Business man or a fool?

Judge Dread

Over the last 6 months maybe longer he has dominated talk shows and media with his outlandish comments and products. Do you think he is helping or hurting his sons? Do you think he is Richard Williams who raised a top ten tennis player and the number 1 female tennis player of all time? Or just another person that is so full of himself and his sons abilities that he has lost his mind? Thoughts?

More fool than good business man. He's already made his son who is still a kid a villain, now people can't wait to see him fail. Saying that he's been disrespectful is an understatement. He's already costed his son deals with companies. Not to say a villain cant succeed, but it should be his son doing things to become a villain not Lavar doing shit to make his son be the villain. Energy is real, all that negative energy he's putting out in the world is gonna come back in a real way.

i think he striking while the iron is hot

i dont knock him for wanting to have his own family shoe either

i dont knock him for saying his son is better than steph curry

in his words, if his son was trash, then we not even talking about lavar ball

Dude having fun. He's Trolling. He's just one of those guys. Some people are just loud and talk shit all the time...and Lavar Ball is one of them. I always say if for any reason I become a celebrity, I hope it's just me being myself, having fun and talking shit. it will be easier to stay in character if he's being himself. And overall people hate loud mouth obnoxious assholes, and they want to see him shit up and humbled. I don't think his character should have any effect whatsoever on his son's career. The media circus is only as big as people play into it.

I mean when it comes to overnight celebrities and people getting their 15 minutes of fame and what not, I prefer Lavar Ball to a lot of these celebrity housewives. I mean in comparison. the "cash me outside" chick bout to make millions for being obnoxious and disrespectful on dr phil....

I much rather a black father being supportive of his son playing basketball and trying to build a ridiculously absurd brand for themselves cash in on the trendy nature of our consumer public than that chick....

I like Lavar Ball, he's a necessary evil....I hope he gets a job on a sports show....we always need that"keeping it real "voice.. and after enough years int he game a lotta these commentators tha try to keep it real get stale and vanilla

ie stuart scott, and stephen A

bruh, niggaz have hype men all the time... managers, agents, promoters.... it's part of the show

having a good mouthpiece is almost always beneficial.....

the fact that we are discussing him is proof positive how powerful a good mouthpiece can be...

hes like paul heyman to brock lesner......shit is just fun.....

i'm having fun watching him...and again, we're having the discussion points to other having fun watching him as well...

We were talkin about aaron hernandez last week too , energy is real b, just watch

i'm saying though, look how bad they wanted floyd to fall....

they wanted to ali fall, kobe, jordan, shit this goes back to jack johnson...

america hates a loud mouth negro....so being loud mouth is our way to rebel....

that's why we value our comedians so much.....

shit's deep bruh....like ask yourself why you really dislike that man.....

:think:

imagine if tupac had a son who was nice in bbal on the collegiate level....

outspoken people gonna be outspoken.......stay woke fellas

I agree with all that 100%, but that was them talkin shit for the work THEY put in, not what another nigga is gon do. That's like me running up on a gang of niggas talkin mad shit , then point to u and say he gon kick yall ass!! Nahhhh b lol

I agree with all that 100%, but that was them talkin shit for the work THEY put in, not what another nigga is gon do. That's like me running up on a gang of niggas talkin mad shit , then point to u and say he gon kick yall ass!! Nahhhh b lol
if you tryna sell a fight...you doing what yo gotta do...

that's called instigating.......promoting.....hyping the shit up....

how niggaz like bob arum and don king made millions....

as long as your boy come thru and handle business, yall can make a killing with that duo.....

one person sells the tickets, the other person finishes then on the stage.....

i guess cuz we see it more often in boxing i'm used to it......

but danny garcia dad is like that, zab judah's dad was like that.....we just saw jccjr dad impact on mexico...

Du still reading way too much into this, but yeah like goldie said, lavar is a hanger on. He wants to be the man but his train came and went a long time ago.

i don't think he tryna be the man, he's just enjoying the moment.

yall need to just let that man be great....he's genuinely entertaining
If he wasn't trying to be the man then why is he speaking on his kid's behalf almost all the time? You think the man is playing 5-d chess but his whole house of cards falls if his eldest son can play nba ball at a high level. If he's mediocre he'll be a joke and his son, not him will have to bear the brunt of that. That's a whole lotta weight to be putting on your own kid, he loses nothing from this, his son can't say that.

If he wasn't trying to be the man then why is he speaking on his kid's behalf almost all the time? You think the man is playing 5-d chess but his whole house of cards falls if his eldest son can play nba ball at a high level. If he's mediocre he'll be a joke and his son, not him will have to bear the brunt of that. That's a whole lotta weight to be putting on your own kid, he loses nothing from this, his son can't say that.
thing is they putting pressure on those kids anyway ridiculous amounts of pressure.....

and they also get a lotta ridicule too....

pops taking a lotta that ridicule....even if the son falls short.....the majority of the ridicule will fall on the pops...and if the son does great....the pressure he was under was greatly lifted cuz of his pops to begin with....

that journey is tough to go in it alone.. a lotta parents become their kids managers... i remember when i was in philly, AI's mom was heavily involved in everything dealing with her son, because if she wasn't they will routinely will try to overwhelm them......that parent being there to run interference helped the player a lot....however her personality wasn't as bright as lavar's....

i think what lavar doing is pretty cool no matter how you look at it...even if lonzo don't make it, i hope lavar sticks around

Eventhough I still feel this was poorly executed I see Du's point. But he could've used a better way to get the attention he's desperately seeking.

Back