Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION How To “Fix” The NFL

Allergens

Me I'm Supa Fly
In recent years in the NFL, overal gameplay has been trash most games. Seems the reason is that with the salary cap and teams ability to sign and keep good players. There’s a very noticeable drop in play when stars get injured.

I’m going to speak on two major changes that would not only make teams better but lessen injury.

First, making teams better overal. The way this should be done is give each team the ability to have 5 franchise players. What the franchise players would mean to a team is that, you can give these five players any money you feel they deserve.

But, they will only count as 3 mil each against the salary cap. The cost to the team is that these players, outside of what they count as against the salary cap. The actual money that you pay them is guarantee money, regardless of injury or release.

But also to further make it better for teams. If you do so choose to release them. As far as the cap goes, the 3 mil is removed from the cap. But you can’t replace that player with another player in that slot until the next year.

These are supposed to be your franchise guys, so that’s the risk you are taking so a good Gm in theory could. Franchise his QB, and 4 elite linemen to protect that investment in their QB. Which would make that franchise less of a risk. And the other cap space is freed up to add valuable depth, not just depth, to your roster.

And the second part of this, making injuries less prevalent. Used to be a guy like Frige Perry was an anomaly in the NFL. Now he would be underweight at his postion. There lies the problem. Guys seem to rely more on strength and force than technique. Cause they are hitting and battling guys that are huge and fast.

The NFL has to mandate a weight limit for Linemen, both O and D. That puts more emphasis on players having bulk from the right conditioning and diet. Rather than having to maintain a heavy weight and over lift just to handle the battles on the field. This will lessen Muscle injuries to the pecks, back, abdomen, and shoulders.

The most likely injuries of guys in the trenches. This can also lessen the beating that backs take running through the line. More healthy backs leads to less long third downs and QBs putting their Receivers at risk with long throws into traffic that give Safeties times to build up speed and hit them.

Which can lessen hits to the knees, and launching with a head of steam.

What y’all think?

I think they play entirely too many games. As physical as the NFL is preseason plus regular season is almost 20 games for some teams plus playoffs. Notice how many players has season ending injuries, or just injured period!

That is one suggestion... I got others

There's a lot wrong with the NFL @shiz
From the blackballing of Kaepernick and Ray Rice to the whole should I stand or sit.. racism..
shall I continue?

One thing they did do right is let td celebrations back

The amount of black players do not match the amount of black coaches, executives and owners

the game has gone towards analytics, etc which leans towards hiring management / executive personnel who have a strong background in analytics

this transition only favors hiring personnel who are white and have never played the game but good at crunching numbers and not using common sense.....this latest trend is not only happening in the NFL but the NBA as well

• stop encouraging a system that keeps using the retread coaches who probably have no business being coaches in the first place. A good coordinator doesnt always make a good coach
  • end thursday night games, or if they play a thursday night game, have it played coming of the two teams bye weeks so that they can get those extra days to prepare for their next game that will be played on sunday
  • make more things to be allowed to be challenged
  • i'm not gon advocate more guaranteed money for players b/c as a union, thats up to them to negotiate.
  • really enforce the rooney rule. It seems now like teams are just going through the motions knowing they're not gonna have to take the process serious

They need more diverse black coaches for one.. i swear to god ive been noticing this shit for years they have one type of black coach devoid of personality.. its like they make these niggas in a factory..regimented, quiet, vanilla as fuck..

i could go one for days.. dungy,morris,jets coach,herm edwards, marvin lewis, tomlin is like the one nigga who like cracks a smile but thats still him.

9625d4_0dd567f4db884b8b834830736a852541~mv2.jpg

let em HIT
take away TNF
take away the Tuck rule and any other dumbass penalty negating defense and contact...the players signed up for this and it aint for everyone
give them more practice time and camps to learn proper technique and maybe shorten the season to give them more time to recover.
take away INSTANT REPLAY or automate it somehow to have AI point out the penalty or the ref's mistake in the replay or just put more refs on the field
DEFINE A FUCKING CATCH and stick to it...two hands....two feet....no bounce or touching the ground...whatever just get a concrete definition without any room to wiggle around and stick to it
make the franchise tag a 2yr deal instead of 1(would limit teams from tagging players just to tag and save money and prolly force more players to bet on themselves and test the market.....the Kirk Cousins deal comes to mind and it is laughable on both sides)

- cut preseason to two games
- fix catch rule
- stop tilting the advantage to the offense and stop calling so many dumb penalties on the defense
- STOP BLACKBALLING PLAYERS FOR PEACEFUL PROTEST- the kaep situation is a borderline human rights violation and I hope his lawsuit nets him over $100 million and all the people involved get aired out and he end up investing the $ and owning the Panthers. The last part would really be karma at its finest.

- a more structured and consistent system for fines and suspensions

-TNF needs to fuck off somewhere. Other than Thanksgiving and the occasional Saturday night games in December, keep it Sunday/Monday night.

-Complete clarification of the catch rule. Nip this shit in the bud already.

-Cut the preseason to two games.

-Stop these owners from continuing to fleece cities out of millions to build these stadiums. Cities shouldn’t be fitting the whole bill for these. Places like St. Louis and Oakland should of never been put in this position.

-Rsolve the Kaepernick issue. By that I mean acknowledge the blackballing of him and ensure that no player should be put in that position for his political stance. At the same time.. stop doing the national anthem before regular season games. The money the DOD gives to the NFL to do that should be put to better use.

Fines and suspensions for head to head hits is something they are thinking about and I think that shit is stupid as fuck.

They already get fined for head to head hits.

Blatant shit I kinda don't mind, but when a defender is clearly going low to avoid a potential head to head but the WR/RB also ducks his head and they call head to head on the defender that's some bullshit.

Blatant shit I kinda don't mind, but when a defender is clearly going low to avoid a potential head to head but the WR/RB also ducks his head and they call head to head on the defender that's some bullshit.

I already know they getting fined. They wanna raised the amount which is dumb.

Blatant is all subjective

Guaranteed contracts

3 preseason games

No more tnf

No national Anthem

2 bye weeks

Able to review everything

The latter is maddening. I hate when one of the DB on my squad intentionally goes low to avoid the penalty and the WR goes low too and they get hit w a unneccesary roughness shit for the head to head collision. Is football, sometimes the "dirty" hits are not intentional. You think all these defensive players knowing what we know about CTE WANT the head on head collision

Back