Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Much Power Do Your Friends Have On Ur Relationships?

the way i interpret the question is do i seek out perspective from friends to the point where i make a move based on that perspective?

hmmm...i can say that I have. Like if you are married, you have your married friend or a friend that was previously married, and you have your single friend. While the single friend can offer a nice perspective, i wouldnt necessarily share anything with them b/c they cant speak on something they know nothing about. Thats not a slight at them, but there is really no perspective they can offer me when it comes to marital issues.

My married friend however, i feel like he will give me the raw and uncut perspective. Tell me where i was wrong, offer me a suggestion in how to move forward, especially if he has been married a lot longer than I have. Now, this is where it gets tricky, which is kinda the point i made in the Insecure thread about the value of real friends. If he really my friend, meaning he is going to hold me accountable, tell me where i went wrong, and offer me some perspective, he is going to view anything i may share about my s/o from a 3rd party, non biased pov. So if he sees my s/o if things are back to normal, he isn't going to treat her any different than he has previously, which is the mark of a true friend. I dont need a yes man to just tell me fdb and keep it moving.

I think everyone should have at least one person that holds them accountable. I have that friend. If he tells me, AP, I think you could've handled that better, i listen and dont catch feelings b/c im not looking for a pat on the back or some sort of validation.

my .02
I hear what you saying and for me the keyword was dating.

I saw it as friend saying hey you should date her because xyz. It's cool but I ain't really tying to hear that. I wanna get to know her for myself. I don't care if she was the biggest smut in tall HS 10yrs ago, don't tell em that shit. Let me form my own opinion. If that friend thinks they know what I want or like better than I do than obviously I been sharing to much with them from jump

As Cac said in relation to relationships, putting to much of ya business out there can backfire. Talking to much ill can put y'all in a bad space especially when you and ya girl reconcile. Too to great and you might be wondering if ya man's tying to make a move

Back