Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Much Power Do Your Friends Have On Ur Relationships?

Black 🖤

👑The Fall Off👑
What if it was late at night on the side of a moderately busy HW?

Cars passing at say 50-60 but they can def see he got you bent over the hood of the Camry?
That kinda sounds dope and dangerous now that you brought this scenario.:hehe:

Do you or how often do you let what your friends suggest influence your decisions on who u date/what u do with who you're dating/ etc?

damn i fucked that up, but yea.

I know they're joking. but ima use this as an example.

I pretty much keep a lotta things to myself bc Im just a private person. Also speaking negatively about your s/o to your friends may create some ill feelings towards them. I mean all couples go through things, but once you're back on good terms, it's sometimes hard for your friends to like or go back to liking your man/girl. That can be awk af, but shit happens, ppl (can) change.

Another thing is I do ask for advice and still do what I feel is best for me.

None.

We'v discussed our relationships...but we've never been the type intervene.

Yea I never really involved no one else in my relationships

And damn near everybody was jealous of my wife....so it bothers me none

I pretty much keep a lotta things to myself bc Im just a private person. Also speaking negatively about your s/o to your friends may create some ill feelings towards them. I mean all couples go through things, but once you're back on good terms, it's sometimes hard for your friends to like or go back to liking your man/girl. That can be awk af, but shit happens, ppl (can) change.

Another thing is I do ask for advice and still do what I feel is best for me.
I always ask my mama. She always been right. If my mama likes you from the stuff I tell her, you might just be a good pick. I tell her good and bad.

the way i interpret the question is do i seek out perspective from friends to the point where i make a move based on that perspective?

hmmm...i can say that I have. Like if you are married, you have your married friend or a friend that was previously married, and you have your single friend. While the single friend can offer a nice perspective, i wouldnt necessarily share anything with them b/c they cant speak on something they know nothing about. Thats not a slight at them, but there is really no perspective they can offer me when it comes to marital issues.

My married friend however, i feel like he will give me the raw and uncut perspective. Tell me where i was wrong, offer me a suggestion in how to move forward, especially if he has been married a lot longer than I have. Now, this is where it gets tricky, which is kinda the point i made in the Insecure thread about the value of real friends. If he really my friend, meaning he is going to hold me accountable, tell me where i went wrong, and offer me some perspective, he is going to view anything i may share about my s/o from a 3rd party, non biased pov. So if he sees my s/o if things are back to normal, he isn't going to treat her any different than he has previously, which is the mark of a true friend. I dont need a yes man to just tell me fdb and keep it moving.

I think everyone should have at least one person that holds them accountable. I have that friend. If he tells me, AP, I think you could've handled that better, i listen and dont catch feelings b/c im not looking for a pat on the back or some sort of validation.

my .02

Nope.

They don't have the same taste as me, anyway. Who is really gonna be in the relationship?

Nope.

They don't have the same taste as me, anyway. Who is really gonna be in the relationship?

what does them having the same taste as you have to do with anything? or maybe im not understanding your position.

what does them having the same taste as you have to do with anything? or maybe im not understanding your position.
my position was operating under the assumption that we're talking about the early stages of a relationship, where you're still identifying if they're right for you.

them having wildly different tastes, desires, relationship aspirations etc definitely factors in. peoples wants and vantage point have a role in their assessment of a person.

Back