Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Important Is a Ring?

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
Ladies and gentlemen how important is a ring to you?

How important is it for you to receive a ring from your s/o?

How important is it for you to give a ring to your s/o?

I'm pretty non traditional so a ring to symbolize our relationship has never been a big deal to me. But oddly enough, if my potential wife were to have these same sentiments I would give her a ring, a crown even.

How important is a ring to you?

Meh...for me...not a big deal.

For her...big deal.

My Dad didn't wear his. But that was b/c it no longer fitted on his finger. He was a slimmer man when he & my mama got married. Lol

person to person..

i wear my ring, but it doesn't define me or us....as the same with her.....

i never made a huge deal about the rings, or went into much debt for them.....

i had them paid off fairly early in the game.....maybe like a year or two after we got married

person to person..

i wear my ring, but it doesn't define me or us....as the same with her.....

i never made a huge deal about the rings, or went into much debt for them.....

i had them paid off fairly early in the game.....maybe like a year or two after we got married

Do you think you and Lady Du have gotten married without a ring?

As du stated, it wouldn't define me or anything and I hope it wouldn't define her.

I would like to wear and have one to look the part of being a husband.

Not something I have to have.

As du stated, it wouldn't define me or anything and I hope it wouldn't define her.

I would like to wear and have one to look the part of being a husband.

Not something I have to have.

When you say "look the part" do you mean so other people in the world know you're married?

In that case I think rings are great for telling me which woman to not pursue.

When you say "look the part" do you mean so other people in the world know you're married?

In that case I think rings are great for telling me which woman to not pursue.

Yea, that's exactly what I mean, wearing the ring would I guess put me into that club to where I'm off limits. (but that shit don't mean anything)

Yea, that's the very 1st thing I look for is if a woman is wearing a ring.

I want one but I don't want something super expensive. I'd much prefer you ask me what kind I want first or let me design it cuz my taste in rings is *different*

I want one but I don't want something super expensive. I'd much prefer you ask me what kind I want first or let me design it cuz my taste in rings is *different*

That’s a great point, and should be standard. Cause really, the engagement ring is a claim of love of the type of person a woman is. It should reflect who she is, and be a reminder to her that it’s who she is that made you want to put a ring on it.

thank you my rasta fam! I aint a diamond girl but thank you for your support.
Yeah my wife the same the same thing. So our first ceremony she just got a regular band. She never said anything or complained a day but our most recent ceremony I gave her something a little more becoming of who she is and what she means to me. She is more af a sapphire person than diamond tho.

Yeah my wife the same the same thing. So our first ceremony she just got a regular band. She never said anything or complained a day but our most recent ceremony I gave her something a little more becoming of who she is and what she means to me. She is more af a sapphire person than diamond tho.
it sounds beautiful. does she wear both now?

when I was younger, maybe. Now I really don’t care too much about a ring. Especially if it’s just a relationship. Buttt if my man wanna gone head and give me a ring :saywut:. I’m down for the cause.

The ring shouldn't be a material status symbol but .. thats what it is to many people who care more about the party/ and he favors but devalue their partner and relationship.

my wife asked for a certain type of ring...i got it for her....but in return i said if i have to be married...i want diamonds too....an she bought it.

while it can be a symbol it should go both ways.

i see too many dudes out here with just plain steel on the finger while the lady has diamonds.

nah....if we gonna be equal....then thats what it should be.

Back