Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do you guys feel about the recent NCAA Scandals?

TheMadLionsFan

Out chea thuggin in my home office.
I found this article on profootballtalk. Its not about the NFL but I do find it interesting.

Latest NCAA scandal has a silver lining
Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2018, 8:35 AM EST
gettyimages-631352118-e1519392886531.jpg

Getty Images

There have been so many actual or alleged NCAA scandals in recent months that it’s hard to keep them straight. The latest, however, carries with it a bright silver lining: Kids are getting paid, by someone, for their efforts.

That’s the gist of the the report from Yahoo! Sports regarding allegedly “sweeping” NCAA violations. The alleged violations weren’t committed by the teams, but by an agent who allegedly had been paying players.

Twelve years ago, news that a prospective agent had given money to the family of former USC running back Reggie Bush sparked a major investigation that ultimately caused the Trojans to be stripped of a national title. Today, my response to news of any unpaid player getting paid anything by anyone is far different.

My official position: Good for them. Whatever they’re getting, it isn’t enough. Whoever is getting it, more should be.

That applies to any of the revenue-generating college sports. As they generate more and more and more revenue — and as the players receive none of it — it’s the height of hypocrisy to wag fingers at guys who stumble upon the opportunity to get their hands on some cash.

The challenge for the NCAA, which lacks the resources to effectively prevent guys from getting paid by people outside the purview of the organization, is to determine how best to punish the incidents that periodically fall into their laps, given that they know (or at least should know) that much more of the same is going on.

And it should be going on. Someone needs to be paying these kids. Until the system does, any money they can get beyond the system is OK by me.

They are getting paid, free education and room and board. Regular students gotta pay thousands to go to college.

I don't think the school should be punished because how are coaches and other staff suppose to know that a player and his family taking money from someone.

They are getting paid, free education and room and board. Regular students gotta pay thousands to go to college.

I don't think the school should be punished because how are coaches and other staff suppose to know that a player and his family taking money from someone.

I hate this arguement....If you think the "student" athlete is being properly educated I got some prime real estate in Atlantis I want to sell you.

Those kids are being pimped and alot of the times they are not even prepared to take college course...This about the infamous "african american studies" course at North Carolina...The universities and the NCAA make BILLIONS off of these KIDS alot of which come from poor areas who are being pushed in pulled by coaches, agents, family members and even fans. These agents, coaches, universities and apparel companies have basically set up a farm system to take advantage of these kids but the schools and coaches shouldn't be punished? You really think these coaches are ignorant of the issue? Come on son.....

Whether they're taking advantage of the resources that's being afforded is on them but it's there, stop with the they're not getting anything out of it. Don't get me wrong I don't give a shit about these kids taking money cause they would be a fool not to but to sit here like they not getting something out of the situation is wrong

Whether they're taking advantage of the resources that's being afforded is on them but it's there, stop with the they're not getting anything out of it. Don't get me wrong I don't give a shit about these kids taking money cause they would be a fool not to but to sit here like they not getting something out of the situation is wrong
OK....

let's say a kid has to pay tuition at a big college. that's what 50-80k a year? times 4 years....that's 200-320k for education, room and board.

the school makes millions per year off ticket sales, merchandising, advertising, and TV and cable.

you think this is fair?

so that same kid can't get a car for his struggling mother?

i wish the NBA and NFL would just get a legit farm system already

Baseball doesnt seem to have any issues with this

Too much money involved

Especially football. You think the universities, sponsors and tv networks finna sacrifice a billion dollar industry in the name of fairness?

Back