Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Houston Texans owner: "We Can't Have The Inmates Running The Prison.

I don’t necessarily work for anyone anymore. But I bet this is the same way most top employers feel. It is the system the NFL is just on blast right now. These are the same opinion at Walmart, corporate America the construction site, your job, my clients. I am not surprised by any of it.

I knew long before this that I’d never watch another football game again so I find it uberly amusing that the fans of these teams and are still supporting them

If y’all think the NFL could still be a juggernaut if all the minority’s and sympathizers pulled away them you crazy.

They only doing what they fans allow them to do.......

I knew long before this that I’d never watch another football game again so I find it uberly amusing that the fans of these teams and are still supporting them

If y’all think the NFL could still be a juggernaut if all the minority’s and sympathizers pulled away them you crazy.

They only doing what they fans allow them to do.......

Yeah...this is out of hand. I'm bout to jump on that bandwagon. I aint that pressed to watch a game.

But we have to look at both sides of turning off the game. If we shut the league down we would still be hurting our own because the league employes a lot of us. Think of how many dnerations of our kind has been improved because their fathers were allowed to play this sport. If you are going to boycott the nfl, why stop there. The owners of the NBA or no better. The owner of where you bought your groceries is probably worse. I am not knocking anyone for boycotting nor am I knocking anyone for not boycotting. But in boycotting we are basically agreeing with the others on the other side that are doing the same. This may be a reach but isn’t watching the players take a knee a form of support for them?

this

lol @ taking a knee equaling running things
like i asked my homeboy if kap got signed would he go back to watching football, he was like "yea"........i just laughed and said stay tuned.....

lol, i ain't even know about this story yet......

But we have to look at both sides of turning off the game. If we shut the league down we would still be hurting our own because the league employes a lot of us. Think of how many dnerations of our kind has been improved because their fathers were allowed to play this sport. If you are going to boycott the nfl, why stop there. The owners of the NBA or no better. The owner of where you bought your groceries is probably worse. I am not knocking anyone for boycotting nor am I knocking anyone for not boycotting. But in boycotting we are basically agreeing with the others on the other side that are doing the same. This may be a reach but isn’t watching the players take a knee a form of support for them?
Nah b, I’m not buying none of this. Without proper context ya post make sense. But let’s put some context in it. The protest comes from the social inequalities of POC in America particularly pertaining to the Justice System and how we are treated, represented, and ultimately set up to fail. Noteworthy cause in and of its self right. As a league filled with POC you’d think it would effect them, the owners would see it effects it’s employees and at the least acknowledge that there is a problem. I’m not expecting them to open their coffers and right the wrongs of the DOJ, but I surely expect them to say hey, I understand y’all pain. The protest are peaceful, keep doing what you think is right.

But the narrative has changed to this war on the Flag and the troops and they did nothing to dispel that narrative thonthey know it to be false. So there’s that big fuck you to the owners

The same players that we support and make millions should be investing back into our communities. So we made their families rich and now they kids are well off and what now? We still in the slums. And I’m not saying they o lighted to go back and put everyone in they neighborhood thru college, it’s unrealistic. What’s doable however is acknowledging that there’s a problem in the community and the justice system and so because I can’t literally give money to everyone I can take a knee to bring these concerns to the forefront. Again it’s peaceful and it shows you in tune with the same communities that buy your jerseys and merch.

But that narrative has changed to if you care about one class of ppl you immediately saying fuck you to every other class which we all know that’s not the case. If you have a fan that says they won’t buy your jersey and merch because they don’t like you fighting for the fights of ALL Americans then you gotta question why you’d want that person as a fan. Money worth the same regardless of the hand it comes from but for some reason you’d rather take a bigots money than your own ppl? So there’s that big fuck you to the players that are will fully ignoring what the protest about and refusing to take a knee

You say the owners of the NBA are no better? The owner of the grocery store? Maybe even the local meat market right?

While you maybe right, it’s speculative. The NBA players could choose to wanna bring attention to the same thing Kaepernick did but they don’t have to. They can ride his wave and the owners are not being put in a position of stand or else. They already went through this decades ago and got it as part of the deal to stand during NA. Now if the player said hey, we gonna turn our backs to the court during the NA and the owners start sounding like NFL owners than yes, I will be boycotting them. But again, they’ve haven’t been put in a position like this. I don’t watch or support the Clippers, Mavericks, or the Knicks (Jackson era) for comments their higher ups have made.

At the end of the day, the leagues needs us a lot more than we need them. Period. One less person watching, buying, tweeting, about the NFL hurts them a lot more than it hurts me. Now imagine 20mil ppl not watching, buying, tweeting......

It’s seems ppl more interested in being entertained than having discussions of the wrongs of this nation and that’s cool also. I got plenty of other things I can get into on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights

I was not referring to whose taking a knee and whose not. Also, we know that system is full Of illusion. You protest this I turn it into that to get people on my side.(see the president of the US). But we have to make sure that in protest we don’t hurt our own. I agree with everything you said. But I don’t agree with increased unemployment for Black people.

You say the owners of the NBA are no better? The owner of the grocery store? Maybe even the local meat market right?

While you maybe right, it’s speculative. The NBA players could choose to wanna bring attention to the same thing Kaepernick did but they don’t have to. They can ride his wave and the owners are not being put in a position of stand or else. They already went through this decades ago and got it as part of the deal to stand during NA. Now if the player said hey, we gonna turn our backs to the court during the NA and the owners start sounding like NFL owners than yes, I will be boycotting them. But again, they’ve haven’t been put in a position like this. I don’t watch or support the Clippers, Mavericks, or the Knicks (Jackson era) for comments their higher ups have made.

At the end of the day, the leagues needs us a lot more than we need them. Period. One less person watching, buying, tweeting, about the NFL hurts them a lot more than it hurts me. Now imagine 20mil ppl not watching, buying, tweeting......

It’s seems ppl more interested in being entertained than having discussions of the wrongs of this nation and that’s cool also. I got plenty of other things I can get into on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights
Do you not remember what happened to Abdul Raul? The nba is no better. He protested before Kap.

I was not referring to whose taking a knee and whose not. Also, we know that system is full Of illusion. You protest this I turn it into that to get people on my side.(see the president of the US). But we have to make sure that in protest we don’t hurt our own. I agree with everything you said. But I don’t agree with increased unemployment for Black people.
I’m not concerned with the unemployment rate because honestly, everyone in the league should be in a position where if they went on a strike today they got enough to invest and open up shop doing something else. But we know they not financially literate and the owners wanna keep them that way. But it’s somthing the protest are about also. Teaching these young poc to not only make money but to also to keep it. Ain’t no way finance shouldn’t be taught in public schools with the same urgency as it’s taught in private schools. Ain’t no way my 5 grader should spend and entire semester on the solar system but barely scratching the surface of the purpose of a bank, how taxes work, why taxes are there in the first place, so on and so forth. And I know my job as a parent is to teach them that also so I’m not saying that it’s all on the school system. The curriculum is backs ass fuck tho in a lot if inner cities.

Do you not remember what happened to Abdul Raul? The nba is no better. He protested before Kap.
That’s what I was referencing as far as it being apart of the CBA. Nba handled that, which I was much to young to care about at the time. However they could choose other ways to protest and base off what the owners do I’d make a call to continue to support them.

I don’t care that the players are taking a knee, the form of protest isn’t the problem to me. The lack of respect for the meaning of the NFL protest is what I have a problem with. BC is high on their list. Armed Forces. DV. Hell at one point the damn Lou Gehrig’s disease but the killing of its citizens is meh? Nah, I can abide by that.

So how do we support the players and boycott the league at the same time? I guess that is my question.
We support the player by showing them we have their backs when the owners (and sponsors) try to shit on them. On some you leave, we leave mentality. Like what’s been done for Kaepernick.

How many ppl stood up for the Cowboys after Jerry Jones remarks? Hell A prominent sportscaster was suspended over standing up for them. And what the players say? Nothing. Or ‘well we was gonna stand anyway, I’m here to play a game yada yada yada’. So she put her career on the line, ppl are losing friends and fmailies over these beliefs apand trying to support players and they get spit in the face? Nah yo. Everyone of them don’t deserve pit support and they shown why this year. You can come together when someone attacks the league but you mum when there’s an entire organization attaching your neighborhoods? Your ppl? You ppl families?

Kaep and others are doing a great job at giving back and educating the youth and those are the ones I choose to support. I won’t buy a jersey because the NFL gonna take a profit but I can sure donate to their non profits.

Back