Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Has anyone had a great short term relationship?

Judge Dread

So I was listening to this song this morning. It made me think of a 6 month thing I had a while ago. She was cool. We travelled had fun and everything. Then she was going through some personal things and ended it. She came back a while later but it is never as good as the original situation. Then she tried again but I was married.

Yep...had a chick in college over one summer that I was smashin daily. She was thick, real cool, but kinda weird in a geeky way. Then one day she asked "what are we?"

That ended it for me. She wanted commitment, I didn't. She married now, happy for her.

Yup

probably some of the best relationships Ive been in lasted only a few months to year

I think thats the allure

the shorter the relationship, the less bad shit you had to see or endure imo

yup.....real short......like a long weekend in a hotel room w/ uppers

36 hour power couple shit

those seem so great thinking back because we never got a chance to see flaws or ways to start to dislike each other

yup, met a chick who just got outta divorce...

we were real cool and hot n heavy for like 2-3 months...

she was like 6'6" was was mad self conscious about dating again cuz of her height...
cool ass chick, she just had too many negative emotions about too much shit...shorty was always in a funk... most of the time i could make her feel better, but i knew i cold never do a relationship with someone who was always in the dumps like that....

she was the first person to hit me with the

"you meet a person for a reason, season or a lifetime" she was like i was a reason and a season....

after a few months we just went our own ways...i can't say we was bf/gf but i was the first person she dealt with after her failed marriage and i helped her through some shit...

everytime we bump into each other it's all love like we old friends... you would never be able to tell it was that type of thing

i have similar stories for most of the chicks i dealt with.....it was always 3-4 months tops before i stopped dealing with a female....

I'm "go hard or go home" embodied, so I've always been either in a long term committed relationship or single.
those seem so great thinking back because we never got a chance to see flaws or ways to start to dislike each other
I'm subbing to this thread because this is an interesting idea.

I associate things breaking off early with something having gone wrong but that obv isn't always the case. what were the amicable reasons for splitting?

I'm "go hard or go home" embodied, so I've always been either in a long term committed relationship or single.

I'm subbing to this thread because this is an interesting idea.

I associate things breaking off early with something having gone wrong but that obv isn't always the case. what were the amicable reasons for splitting?

I really wouldnt define it as "splitting" as there was no real commitment

the "flings" I referred to were just that

one in particular we were just cool for a long time, so we knew each other well and did a lot of the same shit

every now and then we would duck off and have one of those weekends and then act like the shit didnt happen

that said, we never really fell out or any of that.....can hit her up today and it be nothing of that nature

I think some people just vibe really well on ONE level, but know they dont necessarily match in any other ways in life that are important to a real relationship.....so in those rare cases some people just choose to let it be what it is

I really wouldnt define it as "splitting" as there was no real commitment

the "flings" I referred to were just that

one in particular we were just cool for a long time, so we knew each other well and did a lot of the same shit

every now and then we would duck off and have one of those weekends and then act like the shit didnt happen

that said, we never really fell out or any of that.....can hit her up today and it be nothing of that nature

I think some people just vibe really well on ONE level, but know they dont necessarily match in any other ways in life that are important to a real relationship.....so in those rare cases some people just choose to let it be what it is
this makes sense. how difficult was it to act like you didn't just spend a weekend fucking your homie tho? compartmentalizing like that is fascinating

this makes sense. how difficult was it to act like you didn't just spend a weekend fucking your homie tho? compartmentalizing like that is fascinating

idk.....drugs and the life we were living at the time.....fast paced, not a lot of insight or clarity at the time

I mean we both knew (for the most part) who else each other was fuckin and all that

we'd sit up all night gettin high talking about the shit we were going thru with the other people

some nights it was just like "look im having this type of day, im tryna fuck wit you right now"

we were great for each other with the vices and talks in kind of a comforting way.......and that was it

Back