Welcome To aBlackWeb

GQ Interview - Quincy Jones Has a Story to Tell

MzKB

Mz KlapBack 2 U
https://www.gq.com/story/quincy-jones-has-a-story

It's a must read. Very intriguing Man Here are some snippets

About his women
We are interrupted by a man named Michael who earlier had welcomed me into the house. "You need anything?" he asks. "I'm gonna send up some stuff. You need a drink or anything?"

"Some girls," Jones replies.

"Will do," says Michael, clearly joking. He disappears, and Jones's attention returns to me.

"You married?"

Yes.

"I'm not." He laughs. "I got 22 girlfriends."

You serious?

"I was married three times, man. Was told not to marry actresses or singers. I ended up with two actresses, Peggy Lipton and Nastassja Kinski (9), and a superstar model. I didn't listen to all the advice." He laughs again.

You really have 22 girlfriends?

"Hell yeah. Everywhere. Cape Town. Cairo. Stockholm—she's coming in next week. Brazil—Belo Horizonte, São Paulo, and Rio. Shanghai—got a great girl over there from Shanghai, man. Cairo, whew."

They all know about each other?

"Yeah, I don't lie. And it's amazing—women get it, man. Don't you ever forget they're 13 years smarter than we are. Don't you ever forget it."

Can I ask how old the youngest one is, and the oldest one?

"Well, my daughters gave me new numbers, because they kept saying, 'Dad, you can't go out with girls younger than us.' I said, 'Y'all are not young anymore.…' So the new numbers are 28 to 42. They gave them to me."

Turning down Marilyn Monroe
So you turned down Marilyn Monroe?
"Let's not talk about it. Come on, man. We killed it. You know, I came up with the two wildest motherfuckers on the planet. Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra. Come on. They were good-looking guys, they had all the girls they wanted, and they showed you how to deal with it. So did Rubirosa—the king of the playboys. (11) Amazing man. What a guy. Eleven-inch dong. And in Paris to this day, you go to Chez L'Ami Louis, the waiter will come over to you with a pepper shaker and say, 'Here's your Rubirosa.' He always used to say, 'Quincy, it's by the head, not the bed. Women give up pussy to get love, men give up love to get pussy.' That's the way it works. You know, all these women were available all over the world. I did a tour with Nat Cole in '61 with my band—we couldn't stop the girls. It's incredible. Women are a trip, man."

Last edited:
Who he listens to now
Do you like any of the people who are big right now?

"Yeah, I love Kendrick Lamar, I love Bruno Mars, I love Drake, I love Ludacris, I love Common. Mary J. Blige. Jennifer Hudson."

But, say, Taylor Swift, I guess, is the biggest pop star on the planet in terms of sales right now and this week is about to sell over a million copies of her new album. Do you like her?

Jones makes a face, somewhere between disapproval and disdain.

What's wrong with it?

"We need more songs, man. Fucking songs, not hooks."

His mother was crazy...she ate shit

When did you realize that she was troubled?

"Well, at that age it's not so easily identifiable exactly what the hell's wrong. But you can tell something's wrong. My brother and I, we were 6 and 7 years old, we watched her taken away in a straitjacket. That's tough, man. And we went out there to see her, Manteno State Hospital. Boy, that was heavy. When we first went in, there was a little blonde lady there, standing up with no shoes on, in her underwear, and she had a bowl of feces and she says, 'You shall have no pie!' I said, 'God, let me out of there.'

I read that your mother did something awful, too.

"She went down and did number two."

And then ate it?

He nods. "We were, you know, 7 years old. It doesn't hit you that way it should hit you. On the way home, Lloyd said to me, 'My brother, you shall have no pie!' "

Even though, later, your mother recovered, you never really formed a bond with her?

"No. No, because you couldn't trust her emotionally. Nothing you ever did was right."

Last edited:
Prince and Michael Beef

Jones is referring to the legendary evening—August 20, 1983—when both Michael Jackson and Prince attended a James Brown show at the Beverly Theater in Los Angeles.

"That's heavy. He made a damn fool out of himself, didn't he?" says Jones, and the star he is referring to is Prince. Jackson had film of what happened that night. "Prince told Michael he'd kill him if he showed it to anybody," Jones explains, but one way or another, time-coded raw footage of what took place that night eventually surfaced. First Brown invites Jackson to the stage. Jackson sings a few phrases, spins, moonwalks, then embraces Brown and can be seen whispering to him. Brown then calls for Prince. After a delay, Prince gets onstage, takes a guitar, jams a little, then strips off his shirt. He does some mic-stand tomfoolery, dances a little more, then nearly tumbles into the audience trying to pull down an oversize streetlamp prop. It was a superstar face-off that has often been seen as a triumph for Michael Jackson, and a rare humiliation for Prince.

He spoke to Michael after the show?

"Oh yeah, he spoke to him. He waited in the limousine to try and run over him and La Toya and his mother."

How do you know Prince was trying to run him over?

"He knew. Michael knows shit. He was there. He said that was his intention."

Michael told you that?

"Yeah."

What did he think of what Prince had done onstage that night?

"It was just very obvious what the hell happened—made a damn fool out of himself. Michael went up there, in 40 seconds, sang I love you I love you. Then they went up-tempo and he did a little dance and did the moonwalk and whispered in [James Brown's] ear, 'Call Prince up—I dare him to follow me.' "

Somebody should make a full documentary or movie about the unspoken rivalry Michael Jackson and Prince had.
Idk... black man rivaling with another black man for the entertainment of white folks... then again the music, the dancing, the women, the slick shit... movie would be incredible

You know all 22 of those bitches are white, too.

Quincy Jones never met a cave bitch he didn't like.

SMH

LOqrrCQ.jpg

Reactions: GNS
Back