Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do people marry for...

it's kinda like the cat r dog that exposes it's belly for you to rub it..

that's the ultimate sign of submission....you are exposing your most vulnerable part to someone and have full confidence they will comfort you instead of crush you....

you're essentially willingly opening yourself to someone

but the desire is there.....something being acted out in practice doesn't always apply to emotions when explaining in theory.....

when you are in love with someone you would place that person's needs above yours. If i had to chose between my life or my wife's i'd spare my wife instantly. and i'm sure she'd do the same for me.

if my wife was sick, and i saw her in pain, i'd take the pain just so she wouldn't have to bear it.

of course there's no magical way for that shit to actually happen... but that's the best way to describe that emotion...
if you're going to be absolutely literal and practical, then of course u can poke holes in it, but we're being asked to describe an emotion....

i love my kids too, and i'd starve so that they won't be a little hungry.......thank god i never had to, but i absolutely would....or would want to.... because the emotion i call love compels me to place those people i have for ahead of my own self in many situations....

Kids are obviously a different conversation, they're your responsibility as a man/woman, that's beyond explanation.

You spoke about desire. As adults we know what's right and what's wrong. If you've made a commitment and agreement with somebody while creating your relationship, then ofc you should stand by what you said, that's with anything. I don't love the mfs I'm in business with, but my word is my bond, that's just being a man.

Now as far as dying for mfs , etc. Not saying that you wouldn't, but people just say that shit cuz it sounds good lol lets keep it a buck.

So again, having to put somebody's wants, needs, etc over your own in order to love them is ridiculous. Love is accepting them for who they are. So if she feels something is the best for her, then I'm all for it cuz I want the best for her.

This guy lol @Goldie like I'm about to fall for this FOH
w9je3gp_zpsvflcyeam.png

Nah

Your just not willing to be selfless

And truly love someone...

.... or you're just not loving the person for who they are.

Cuz if that's what you think love is, then ofc, if you think she loves you, that's what you expect from her, to put ur needs above hers. So you expect her to do things she wouldn't naturally do, because "she loves u" , that's bs.

Kids are obviously a different conversation, they're your responsibility as a man/woman, that's beyond explanation.

You spoke about desire. As adults we know what's right and what's wrong. If you've made a commitment and agreement with somebody while creating your relationship, then ofc you should stand by what you said, that's with anything. I don't love the mfs I'm in business with, but my word is my bond, that's just being a man.

Now as far as dying for mfs , etc. Not saying that you wouldn't, but people just say that shit cuz it sounds good lol lets keep it a buck.

So again, having to put somebody's wants, needs, etc over your own in order to love them is ridiculous. Love is accepting them for who they are. So if she feels something is the best for her, then I'm all for it cuz I want the best for her.
accepting someone for who they are is definitely a characteristic of love. i can definitely accept that one.

but you are purposely mixing the words around to change the concept.....

i said to love someone is to place someone else's needs over you own...

but i didn't mean this as a requirement necessary to prove your love..

i mean the willingness to surrender self for someone else....

i brought up kids, because of the willingness to sacrifice...
i brought up pets, because of the willingness to expose ones vulnerabilities.

and i accept your entry of acceptance as well....to love someone, you really have to accept them for who they are, and love them for who they are....

over all it's complicated.. it can be many things

accepting someone for who they are is definitely a characteristic of love. i can definitely accept that one.

and i accept your entry of acceptance as well....to love someone, you really have to accept them for who they are, and love them for who they are....

So you agree with me, thank you sir.

My man gets it...

He just wrote a 30 paragraph post agreeing with me lol

The fact still remains, you should never have to put somebody's wants and needs over yours.

.... or you're just not loving the person for who they are.

Cuz if that's what you think love is, then ofc, if you think she loves you, that's what you expect from her, to put ur needs above hers. So you expect her to do things she wouldn't naturally do, because "she loves u" , that's bs.

Naw...

You must have missed the part in my post where I said

“I love you in spite of or regardless”

Naw...

You must have missed the part in my post where I said

“I love you in spite of or regardless”

Ok, so if she doesn't put ur needs above hers u say you love her regardless, but does that mean she doesn't love u?

He just wrote a 30 paragraph post agreeing with me lol

The fact still remains, you should never have to put somebody's wants and needs over yours.

Again...like du said you switching the words

You dont HAVE to...but you are WILLING to...

Nah

Your just not willing to be selfless

And truly love someone...

This is you saying you can't "truly" love someone without putting someone's needs and wants above your own.

Which one is it fam? lol

This is you saying you can't "truly" love someone without putting someone's needs and wants above your own.

Which one is it fam? lol

“You are just not WILLING to be selfless”

Where did I say you HAVE to be selfless fam

Think John Q style.

Would you give your heart and die so this person can live?

Back