Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do people marry for...

Depends on the couple for real.

People marry for tons of reasons...

I married for love. I'm not even a relationship person, I just met someone I meshed with well, and saw no reason to slow down

Some for love. Some for stability. Some because of pressure they feel of not wanting to be alone and some will settle even if they aren't happy. Like Du said there are a myriad of reasons and everyone is different.

love anymore or is it more so for stability?
What do you mean by Stability? and Yes I think people still marry for love. Maybe more so now than at any other point because society has removed most of the other reasons to get married. It is staying married that is the problem.

what's love
full_zpshiae9cdm.png

what's love
i consider love for a person to be the decision to place someone else's needs over your own with the only their happiness in mind.

Of course there's levels...but i think it begins when you are willing to put them over you. That's love to me.

right now, for this argument....i have no idea what i said in previous threads of the same topic

i consider love for a person to be the decision to place someone else's needs over your own with the only their happiness in mind.

Of course there's levels...but i think it begins when you are willing to put them over you. That's love to me.

right now, for this argument....i have no idea what i said in previous threads of the same topic

That sounds like a nightmare

Love is the epitome of selflessness...

Which is why marriage is quickly becoming something to be frowned upon...because people are becoming more and more self centered and selfish

You should never have to put anybody above you to be loved or give love. So not being your natural self and doing things you would naturally do is not them loving you for you, but loving you for doing what they would want you to do.

I know I'm getting too deep for yall right now, so Ima let that marinate for a lil bit.

You should never have to put anybody above you to be loved or give love. So not being your natural self and doing things you would naturally do is not them loving you for you, but loving you for doing what they would want you to do.

I know I'm getting too deep for yall right now, so Ima let that marinate for a lil bit.
@BNE

:popcorn2:

I know I'm getting too deep for yall right now, so Ima let marinate for a lil bit.
but the desire is there.....something being acted out in practice doesn't always apply to emotions when explaining in theory.....

when you are in love with someone you would place that person's needs above yours. If i had to chose between my life or my wife's i'd spare my wife instantly. and i'm sure she'd do the same for me.

if my wife was sick, and i saw her in pain, i'd take the pain just so she wouldn't have to bear it.

of course there's no magical way for that shit to actually happen... but that's the best way to describe that emotion...
if you're going to be absolutely literal and practical, then of course u can poke holes in it, but we're being asked to describe an emotion....

i love my kids too, and i'd starve so that they won't be a little hungry.......thank god i never had to, but i absolutely would....or would want to.... because the emotion i call love compels me to place those people i have for ahead of my own self in many situations....

Nah

Your just not willing to be selfless

And truly love someone...

Back