Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dating when you were younger vs older(now).

Eartha Clit

💜
Site President
What would you say changed about how you went about dating when you were younger than you do now? (I think I asked that right.)

What stayed the same?

Tough question cuz I've been in a relationship the past 9 years, But I was 25/26 when we started dating....

And the biggest difference at that point was how much more confident I was. I didn't care to play games.

I was never unsure of my words. And I went after what I want.

When I was younger I was much more hesitant to act on my impulses, or feelings. Like I was afraid of rejection and ridicule.

As I got older I had less anxiety and was less apprehensive.

I guess you could say I found my swag around 25...

I can say that one thing that hasn’t changed is me wanting to always start off as friends first, then move into a relationship.

My first relationship was at 19. The other at 24/25, I think. It’s late I don’t feel like thinking but I started off as friends with both of them. I was also willing to give chances. My tolerance wasn’t so low.

Now that I’m older. I found myself not even wanting to give anything a chance. I would, here and there but majority of the time, I was like nah. I think that’s why I was single for so long. I talked to my mama and well here I am, giving something a chance.

If I end up hurt. I may have to shank my mom and him. If I don’t, I’ll be happy I tried.

Hopefully we really married forever tho...

Cuz I don't wanna deal with today's singles pool...

I thought shit was getting wack in 2008...

It's way worse out there now

This played a major part in my “nah. I’m good”
Relationships are cool but I’ve never been the type that wanted one so damn desperately. My past two kind of just happened. I’m not against it, it’s just that the person gotta be extra special in order for me to want to go there. In these past few years, it was rare to find the special but at the same time, I ain’t give NOBODY a real chance. Niggas and chicks just out here wilding these days.

The biggest difference is how I handle disputes now. Before? lol I used to be on some Don shit, for those who've seen Black Ink Chicago, yall know what I'm talkin about lol

giphy.gif

Now? I just be like

DentalHappygoluckyKrill-max-1mb.gif

yea, it's definitely a learning curve..

but even before i was never pressed to be in a relationship...

i actually don't consider myself a relationship person in general...i preferred to be single.....i'm just not stupid enough to pass on the perfect person for me because of it....

I am married but the older I got the less I was attracted to crazy. In my young days I went through the I can’t date a normal (whatever that means ) woman. She had to be extra in some way. I was worried about being bored and I was living a fast life so she had to also.

Not much has changed, I'm typically sweet to whomever I'm with (until they really piss me off), the main thing that's changed is I'm definitely a lot colder. I peep game, etc.

Ive been married for the past 11 years but what ive noticed from casual observation is bitches/niggas seem to be way more attention whoreish and selfish. I blame dead beat dads, sucka ass bitches and social media for that. Oh well im not in the game so idgaf.

Before: I put their needs b4 mines. Let them believe their opinions mattered more than mines.

Now: I don't waste my time wit the petty shyt. I let my thoughts be known, and that's it. I'm done

The biggest difference is how I handle disputes now. Before? lol I used to be on some Don shit, for those who've seen Black Ink Chicago, yall know what I'm talkin about lol

giphy.gif

Now? I just be like

DentalHappygoluckyKrill-max-1mb.gif
In theory.......abw says you should a been bow wow'd

I think I could navigate better now....I was a hot head and cut chicks off for the smallest shit.....mostly cuz I had something else lined up and if a chick ordered a 2peice vs 3 piece like I said....yo...stop calling me. How can I build a life with someone who can't my order right?

So I think I was more of an asshole.
Wife don't play that shit.

I tell her she messed my order ....her crazy ass would throw it all in the trash and eat her food like don't fuck with me for a few hours.

Back