Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Dating and Severely disabled children.

What was some of the stuff you had to deal with?
At the school, I worked as substitute class aide. Some classes had all wheelchair adults, some had all walkers, or a mixture.

I changed diapers, emptied male catheters, or either had to assist or lift some ppl out their chair to the restroom.

All had different feeding procedures. Some adults needed their food chopped or at a consistency of pudding. We fed those who couldn't feed themselves ofc. They all had different programs that consisted of activities to help their motor skills or things they needed to work on i.e holding utensils properly, solving puzzles, reading, etc.

I was a dietary aide at the home so I didn't have assist anyone to the restroom or change any diapers. I would help feed them even though I wasn't required to. It started out as 15, but 2 had passed away my time there. They were all wheelchair bound. Anyway, I just prepared each person's meals according to their diets. About 6 or 7 of them had to have their food chopped very fine in a food processor, but it was only one I had to actually use a blender and this product called "Thick It". It seems like a lot, but I got used it lol.

At my job where I take care of disabled adults they have behavioral issues, I've been punched in the face, kicked, almost bit once, scratched the fuck up. Its a job that requires an amazing amount of patience and understanding. I work with adults who are high functioning though so they can take care of themselves for the most part.

At the school, I worked as substitute class aide. Some classes had all wheelchair adults, some had all walkers, or a mixture.

I changed diapers, emptied male catheters, or either had to assist or lift some ppl out their chair to the restroom.

All had different feeding procedures. Some adults needed their food chopped or at a consistency of pudding. We feed those who couldn't feed themselves ofc.

I was a dietary aide at the home so I didn't have assist anyone to the restroom or change any diapers. I would help feed them even though I wasn't required to. It started out as 15, but 2 had passed away my time there. They were all wheelchair bound. Anyway, I just prepared each person's meals according to their diets. About 6 or 7 of them had to have their food chopped very fine in a food processor, but it was only one I had to actually use a blender and this product called "Thick It". It seems like a lot, but I got used it lol.
We’ve got another angel!!

At my job where I take care of disabled adults they have behavioral issues, I've been punched in the face, kicked, almost bit once, scratched the fuck up. Its a job that requires an amazing amount of patience and understanding. I work with adults who are high functioning though so they can take care of themselves for the most part.
And another angel!

Serious question

Have they been able to detect autism before a baby is born

SMH at most of these answers

Really surprised at Josh though

Wow, just wow

I could see if the general consensus was everybody was on the fence, but to just flat out be like nah, compared to some of the other topics that have hills y'all die on all the time, but a person with a disabled child is where you draw the line?

I mean its alot of work. If you know you cant handle it dont do it. Josh is on some Hitler shit but whatever.

giphy.gif

would you do the above for me @Goldie?

I have an autistic cousin, I have two friends who children are autistic and I’ve worked with autistic kids before and now. Different levels, none of which needed diapers changed and feeding tubes, etc.

Guess it depends on the spectrum. My daughter older brother Autistic but you wouldnt know right away.
My cousin is like this. He’s 40. You couldn’t tell until you talk to him for awhile. He is interesting as hell.

Serious question

Have they been able to detect autism before a baby is born
no, it doesn't show up in DNA or ultrasounds.

however, there is a genetic issue called Fragile X which can substantially increase the likelihood of autism running in the family. I think it's carried maternally.

that said, I haven't read anything which says most people with autism had Fragile X in their families.

bleeding heart ass Joshua is a eugenicist? well goddamn
SMH at most of these answers

Really surprised at Josh though

Wow, just wow

I could see if the general consensus was everybody was on the fence, but to just flat out be like nah, compared to some of the other topics that have hills y'all die on all the time, but a person with a disabled child is where you draw the line?
:mybad:

Welp, guess I'm the hitler of abw now

I've been hit and ran over too lollll! And it does take lots of patience and self control.

Back