Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can you be "woke" and date white people?

also, how can you speak about how dangerous the white imagination, ideas, and attitudes are and be dating them? it makes no sense

I have white friends ...well only two white friends but both are smart as hell and understand hegemony.

heres my friend heather that lives in Brookyln. The most thoro ass white girl that I know

View attachment 31556

View attachment 31557

View attachment 31558

is it "thoro" or just carving a lane?

is she popular with the white people around her?

or was she outcast and needed a group to "fall in" with?

I got white friends from the hood that push that line harder than most of my black friends, but I know it wouldnt be that way if they didnt grow up there.....if they did have money and could go to the school with the "rich preppy white boys" as they call them, they'd be the same......shit I'd be the same....they just had to get in line with what was around them or they wouldnt have made it....much like a lot of us

I just dont gauge any non blacks' sincerity or loyalty to me by what they're doing for the black cause as a whole....im not exactly on the front lines myself

why would you even want to deal with that is my question.

I have to raise kids and know my wifes family is bat shit crazy? lmao hell no

I don’t. The kids haven’t been around them for years. They ain’t picking that bullshit up in their heads.

and what was that white insight? *blink blink*

pretty much what I said

I was asking one night like "whats the bottom line?.....how can we get more of ya'll to care about and get behind some of the bullshit going on in this country?....how can the ones in power just sit back and watch this shit and not "help"?

and first she reminded me she cant speak for everybody, but then kinda went into how a lot of white people live (much like her family).....way out in the country, secluded, they all go to the same church and watch fox news......they rarely interact with black people, dont subscribe to BET on their cable package (why would they?), and are completely unplugged from our lives in any other way you can think of....they're raised with the beliefs of their family/parents, right or wrong, much like everybody else

so with all that said, again, how do you even begin to care about some shit you dont even see, enough to wanna put time and energy and money into trying to fix it?

hate to quote Katt Williams but "I dont even know no muthafuckin insurgents".....thats exactly how shit is....with everybody

when you see a big ass news story on some white kid thats been missing for 23 hours, you smirk just like I do.....it could be sad but we really dont give a damn....we turn the tv off and go to bed

is it "thoro" or just carving a lane?

is she popular with the white people around her?

or was she outcast and needed a group to "fall in" with?

I got white friends from the hood that push that line harder than most of my black friends, but I know it wouldnt be that way if they didnt grow up there.....if they did have money and could go to the school with the "rich preppy white boys" as they call them, they'd be the same......shit I'd be the same....they just had to get in line with what was around them or they wouldnt have made it....much like a lot of us

I just dont gauge any non blacks' sincerity or loyalty to me by what they're doing for the black cause as a whole....im not exactly on the front lines myself

Standing up for Black people in any regard isnt a lane. To be for Black people is ultimately a business decision. Look at Kapernick, he decided to not only stand up for Black people but make a lot of noise about extrajudicial violence and what happened? he was blackballed and shunned.

The same goes for the trans mua who spoke about white supremacy on twitter. She was ultimately fired

and this goes for countless others

So the idea that shes just doing it to “fit in” is strange to me. Her attitude has affected her livelihood, certain jobs and platforms have barred her from working/speaking.

Sounds stupid to me. Looking into it further that would mean mixed race people couldn’t be pro black, when one of their parents are white. Stupid as fuck.

Next you gon say Bob Marley wasn’t pro black or MLK or Malcom X who all fucked with white women.

Pro blackness is a state of mind. Not how you live.

Bad comparison being mixed is not a choice. Dating white folks is a choice.

Pro blackness is a state of mind. Not how you live.

So MLK helped end segregation on buses with his mind? he just thought about it really, really, really hard and one day the government was like “you know what? we gonna give them niggers a pass and let them sit wherever they want” lmao

nah yo, “Pro-Blackness” is a way of life and it works by being active and persistant af

Standing up for Black people in any regard isnt a lane. To be for Black people is ultimately a business decision. Look at Kapernick, he decided to not only stand up for Black people but make a lot of noise about extrajudicial violence and what happened? he was blackballed and shunned.

The same goes for the trans mua who spoke about white supremacy on twitter. She was ultimately fired

and this goes for countless others

So the idea that shes just doing it to “fit in” is strange to me. Her attitude has affected her livelihood, certain jobs and platforms have barred her from working/speaking.

thats why I asked....I didnt know how long you've known or what her background was

the ones im talking about have always been how they are.....so there was nothing to lose or be shunned from....whites already didnt fuck with them and they weren't going up any corporate ladder

being "down" was their only option....

So MLK helped end segregation on buses with his mind? he just thought about it really, really, really hard and one day the government was like “you know what? we gonna give them niggers a pass and let them sit wherever they want” lmao

nah yo, “Pro-Blackness” is a way of life and it works by being active and persistant af

Don' mind him, he's a black Englishman.

As culturally similar the black English are to us... they are very complacent when it comes to the struggle. They haven't contributed any where near as much as the rest of the diaspora

My point is if you have a state of mind geared towards pro blackness...who you lay with isn’t going to change that...as proved by MLK.

I agree, you do action your state of mind.

so with all that said, again, how do you even begin to care about some shit you dont even see, enough to wanna put time and energy and money into trying to fix it?

hate to quote Katt Williams but "I dont even know no muthafuckin insurgents".....thats exactly how shit is....with everybody

when you see a big ass news story on some white kid thats been missing for 23 hours, you smirk just like I do.....it could be sad but we really dont give a damn....we turn the tv off and go to bed

excuses, excuses, excuses.

I dont need to be enslaved to know that chattel slavery was one of the most disgusting forms of human servitude ever invented.

I didnt need to grow up during jim crow status to know that a boy was mutilated and killed for allegedly whistling at a white woman and how those times were so fucked up for Black Americans

Never been to syria or iran but I can be empathtic and understanding of how hard it must be to live in a war torn country.

Your wifes family is disconnected from the Black experience due to their privilege. its simply because they dont give a fuck.

However, I can tell since you dont really care, she doesnt necessarily have to care either.

Maybe if you had stronger politics this convo would be different.

while on subject

I really wanted to see Black Panther opening weekend, but didnt go

and hell yeah its cuz my wife is white....we go thru enough on regular days and mixed events

that shit wasnt gone work cuz its so bad its already on my mind

and black folks in groups cant help it lol

could have easily gotten mobbed or ended up in jail.....behind trying to see a movie

aint that fucked up?....who's to blame for this?

am I trippin?.....should I have went anyway, and turned and helped them jump her when shit went sour? lmao

this shit aint for everybody mane

and yeah sometimes I do wish I could have, or wonder why I didnt have any relationship reach this level with a black woman

but at the end of the day nothing I did was intentional or rooted by anything other than us being there for each other

lots of feelings, headaches and hurdles but no regrets

My point is if you have a state of mind geared towards pro blackness...who you lay with isn’t going to change that...as proved by MLK.

I agree, you do action your state of mind.

I agree to a certain extent.
I mean Fredrick Douglas was slashing a Becky and that doesnt make what he did any less important and vital

while on subject

and hell yeah its cuz my wife is white....we go thru enough on regular days and mixed events

could have easily gotten mobbed or ended up in jail.....behind trying to see a movie

am I trippin?.....should I have went anyway, and turned and helped them jump her when shit went sour? lmao

and yeah sometimes I do wish I could have, or wonder why I didnt have any relationship reach this level with a black woman

but at the end of the day nothing I did was intentional or rooted by anything other than us being there for each other

Fam, get some nuts and stand by your decisions. You married a white woman but afraid to be yourself due to what others might say?

And you gone let niggas jump yo wife???

FOH you better die fighting for your life decisions.

excuses, excuses, excuses.

I dont need to be enslaved to know that chattel slavery was one of the most disgusting forms of human servitude ever invented.

I didnt need to grow up during jim crow status to know that a boy was mutilated and killed for allegedly whistling at a white woman and how those times were so fucked up for Black Americans

Never been to syria or iran but I can be empathtic and understanding of how hard it must be to live in a war torn country.

Your wifes family is disconnected from the Black experience due to their privilege. its simply because they dont give a fuck.

However, I can tell since you dont really care, she doesnt necessarily have to care either.

Maybe if you had stronger politics this convo would be different.

thats true and I've always been honest about this

knowing about doesnt make me care about shit tho

thats more of a personality trait than it has to do with being black or white

you say you're emphatic and understanding of the "war torn country" life

there's just not that much of me to go around....outside of my family I find it hard to really care about or love anyone (which goes way deeper, personally, than any of this shit)....I can feel bad while Im reading the story but I cant produce real feelings or emotions for it

while on subject

you thought niggas was going to jump you because you have a white wife? lmaooo

are you sure you arent white?

Back