Welcome To aBlackWeb

Boar Bristle Brushes for hair health

Golden

Administrator

"Boar Bristle Brush Benefits
1. Promotes healthy hair growth
The boar bristle brush gently massages the scalp, increasing blood flow and unclogging the hair follicles. One of the factors in hair growth is blood flow to the hair follicles. Without blood flow, your hair cannot grow. This can often be a cause of hair loss and slow growing hair.

2. Conditions hair
A lovely boar bristle brush benefit is the fact that it naturally conditions your hair. It will distribute your scalp’s sebaceous oils throughout the rest of your hair. This allows the oil to coat your whole strand of hair, rather than just having it sit on your scalp. It’s nature’s best conditioner!

3. Adds shine
Since the boar bristle brush evenly distributes your scalps oils throughout the rest of your hair, it creates a natural shine to your hair. I used to use chemically-laden shine sprays daily and I thought switching to natural products would mean no more shine. I was wrong! The boar bristle brush gives me better shine than I ever got with shine spray AND it’s natural.

4. Cleans hair
Brushing with a boar bristle brush will take the oil that is otherwise weighing down your roots and making them look greasy, and distribute them throughout your hair. This will take away the oiliness at the roots. It will also remove excess oils on the hair by trapping them in the brush. The brush also helps to catch fuzz, dirt, and waste material build-up on the hair and scalp like a magnet."

Here's how you use it:

I bought one just yesterday and my hair is shining like crazy. Looks like I did a roller set too in terms of smoothness. I used a paddle BBB on dry hair with some coconut oil on it, after having already detangled in the shower with conditioner.

I had mixed feelings about owning one because the bristles are natural n therefore an animal derived product, but if you think about it it's just using the entirety of the animal and more ethical than farms throwing it away.

Anyone else used these? They're in practically every Beauty Supply Store, Sallies, etc.

did bantu knots after brushing with the BBB too, I think it's the perfect preparation step

maxresdefault.jpg

Tried to find a black before/after but folks are just showing one or the other lol.

Here's an Asian chick's before/after tho:

lol sounds like a scam. How df is a brush gonna bring shine to ur hair?

lol sounds like a scam. How df is a brush gonna bring shine to ur hair?
it's not the brush making your hair shine, it's your hair's natural oils. this kinda brush is just the most effective thing at spreading those oils around your hair bcuz it's made of a similar material to your hair itself.

they're like $1.99 at the beauty supply store n many ppl already own one without realizing.

you know the brushes niggas use for them 360 waves? boar bristle brushes.

the brushes we women use for slick ponytails? boar bristle brushes.

it's all about the technique of brushing, cuz we already got them integrated into our haircare as a people. black men have been using them since 1890 b.

Back