Welcome To aBlackWeb

B DOT VS EMERSON KENNEDY SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE

Who U Got?

• Total voters
lol yea, but that's an angle not a bar.

A bar is a clever line, wordplay, entendre, etc.

His angle is that he's a thug and preaches positivity. But where's his bars at?

This is my take on the first round... warning it's a lot of text / a long read

So I'm using Jay Blacs 3 point system. Depending on how the bar hits, I give it a point.
0 - did nothing for me, not even writing these
1 - bar was just cool at best
2- ok, that was pretty hard
3- yo, that was fire!!

BDOT 1st
{if i say we Warren G, i dont mean the nigga that put snoop on.. Bullets fly for cheap, I make dis count for the crew like it's groupon} - Cool but not crazy 1
{you gotta go beyond that, in order to tell a vision you need to channel the inner wisdom and look at the contrast} - i liked it but wasn't worth more than a 1
{scanned the barcode, didn't check out} - 1
{all you do is troll on facebook.. now your name makes sense, diesel was only good in the post} - that was hard i gave that a 2
{i mean we can try to mask it, but when it come down to the action bro n son just acting like ghostface} - i did not catch this the first view but that was hard, we can try to mask it, action bronson, acting like ghostface - 2
{if the family feud we'll put up the tool, the arm go behind the back before we get it shaking} - 1
{brought two straps for the situation... this a colt, and this will zip you up for all that tongue, two different peytons} - talking about Peyton Manning & then the Gary Peyton sneakers that had the zipper on the tongue, but we heard those sneakers being referenced a few times before - 1
{he only tell the truth about a few things.. E lie, man n all that giant talk will get you these two rings} - i didn't like how he stretched out the wording (Eli Manning) to make it work and it wasn't super creative - 1
{heard you muslim, i'm robbing you for everything you got i heard what you make is alot (making salah)} - been hearing a lot of making salah bars but i liked the way he used it- 1
{music to my ears when niggas get stretched out like accordians, according to the gossip, they said you'll hop into an accord to get away from the shottas.. you won't believe how many arms we had on E Honda} - E honda bars are played out but i liked the way he set it up - 1

E.K. 1st
{that's why your conscience is irrelevant, if you're just going to gun lines for your benefit... that's oversight, trying to be a celebrity overnight.. all we really hear is the violence/violins through the end of it} - violence/violins flips aren't new but that's first time i ever heard celebrity overnight referenced like that and it was tailor made for BDOT i gave that a 2
{story to tell, grew up a screw up, hypnotized, goin goin back to cali..
that didn't seem hot... i was on my B Dot, using "BIG" words to make up for lack of bars in my round}
- yo i thought that was fire.. he luls you to sleep with the set up but then brought it back again to a custom tailored bar attacking BDot's character.. the way he made it connect made it fire to me I gave this a 3
{i did this for the ancestors that didn't get to see martin vs malcolm} - gave it a 1, i liked it but idk if i can justify giving it more
{woke brotha, we supposed to eat organic.. not watch him eat off you} - bruhhhhh this one shook me.. "eat organic/eat off you" isolated in itself isn't that wild but between the way he set it up, how specifically custom tailored it is and the way that bar itself was structured to hold the punch to the very last second, this hit hard! - 3 (hardest bar in the battle imo)
>>> LMAO @ SMACK & BEASLEY REACTION TO THE ORGANIC BAR <<<
{you know not to trust crackas with K in the name of they business} - this was hard to me, i think specifically because it followed that organic bar. If he said this bar first it probably doesn't hit as hard.. but that's just credit to the fact that attention to detail in your bar structure can make a huge difference - 2
{i was that bad black kid, doing what the black mask did.. moving rocks in front & back of me, i was the original backpack kid} - 1
giphy.gif

{i come from the blocks, where the cops plant something in your spot... so the PD's LA football, nigga you getting the charges/chargers whether you want them or not} - 2

----

So this is how I edged E.K. in round one. BDOT= 12 & E.K. = 14 - If you tally up the bars it comes up close enough but I think most importantly E.K. had the better moments by far.. i think even if i had it BDOT 14 E.K. 12 I probably would edge it to EK because spitting a bunch of 1 point bars does not create replay value.

TLDR, I edged the first round to E.K.. He had the best moments of the first round. His bars were custom tailored and well written... this was BDot's worst round vs E.K's best.

Not only that his third ain't had shit to do with kennedy
So if breaking down the opponent is a factor he just forfeited the 3rd round

BDot's 3rd verse was relative to E.K. because 1) he exposed him as a willing pawn in the system (even EK himself said facts @ the retired just to get rehired & demoted by smack) and then 2) he's attacking the insignificance of doing a PG and saying, I'm not even competing with you, this is just a formality... he pretty much made him disappear and seem irrelevant while attacking the system at large. The fact that he made EKs verse thereafter feel irrelevant, does that not count for something?

that channel the inner wisdom to look at the contrast only got 1? lol yikes

How was that bar any more than that? It was like a boxer that throws a jab just to keep you in check. You thought it was harder than that?

To me it was a pre-rebuttal to E.K's whole angle in his first "how you gonna preach and talk about guns".

U know how this crowd do it/
it's URL, u gotta come with the same shit , a bunch of "bow movements"/ << bar u didn't mention
Don't tell me that sounds stupid/
a conscious brotha holdin a gun/
In order to know where im at, don't u gotta know where im from?/
It wasn't always about the "god" raps/
u gotta go beyond that/
In order to tell a vision/
u gotta channel the inner wisdom/
and look at the contrast/

nigga lol a 1!?!?!?

dog how many times we done heard "shit -> bowel" bars... yeah i didnt rank that
It was a cool bar but it wasn't even a punch. Tell a vision, channel.. another played out connection. The only part that made it noteworthy was his use of "contrast" and how it was relevant to him, but it was just cool to me at best.

Cmon fam, CMON fam. And using a bunch of song titles together is creating the wheel and gets 3?!? Word? lol

Back