Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black real estate agents arrested at a philly starbucks for not ordering anything

I'm just going to chalk you quoting me up to being an accident because your post doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. And if you're trying to claim that every single white person in the US is an evil racist, you're an idiot because that's clearly not true. I don't care how much you dislike the the white race as a collective, it's demonstrably wrong that all of them are bad. That's not a matter of giving anybody the benefit of the doubt. That's just acknowledging reality.

I got what you were saying. We shouldnt blindly judge others and all that. But how can you really not say majority of white americans arent racist? Its not even debatable.

I got what you were saying. We shouldnt blindly judge others and all that. But how can you really not say majority of white americans arent racist? Its not even debatable.

A majority of every group are bigots. Humans in general are fucked up. It doesn't matter. The point is if that you're dealing with a person, judge that person one who they are not on the label given to them.

It's all beside the point though. You claimed what I said was some "Kumbaya shit" and ignored the fact that my whole point was that people shouldn't have special expectations for white people just because they are liberals. So I wasn't arguing in support of them. It was the opposite.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...-to-2-men-arrested-at-starbucks-20180419.html

Ross said that the number of officers who responded to the store — at least seven were seen on cellphone videos inside — may have alarmed some people, but that the number was not excessive and that the officers acted “in good faith … to prevent anyone from getting hurt.”

Nelson and Robinson were arrested after a Starbucks manager asked them to leave because they had not bought anything. They were released almost eight hours later without being charged.

Ross, who noted he is a 54-year-old African American, said: “I should not at all be the person that is a party to making anything worse relative to race relations. Shame on me if in any way I have done that.”

He said it was wrong for him to have said during a Facebook Live video over the weekend that the “officers did not do anything wrong.” Still, he said, they followed the law.

He disagreed with accusations on social media that he doesn’t understand race issues. “I’ve been an African American my entire life and, yes, I’ve been in situations where I have seen racism and prejudice in a variety of ways,” he said. “Based on what these officers responded to, I just don’t believe that was the case here.”

But he added: “As for that manager, that’s a whole ’nother ballgame.”

Before taking questions, Ross, who was hired by Mayor Kenney, stressed that he had not been ordered to apologize to Robinson and Nelson. “No one asked me to do this. No one made me do this,” he said.

Videos of the arrests a week ago sparked national outrage, public apologies, and a racial-bias training program at the coffee chain’s 8,000 U.S. cafes.

The two arrested men called for change in their interview with Good Morning America that aired Thursday morning. The men declined to comment Thursday through their lawyer, Stewart Cohen, and his spokesman, Dan Fee.

Still angered by Ross’ initial response to the arrests, dozens of people Thursday protested outside Police Headquarters and marched to City Hall, chanting, “Police Department, you can’t hide, we can see your dirty side.”

bill.gif

I mean its not an individual thing though its discrimination/racism over all

but i said to myself yesterday i would be a different type of negro if i faced the injustice that came to light...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/philadelph...led-starbucks-arrests-black/story?id=54588552

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney also issued an apology to Nelson and Robinson, saying that arrest caused "many Philadelphians" to witness and relive "the trauma of racial profiling.

"I want to apologize on behalf of the City of Philadelphia to Donte Robinson and Rashon Nelson for the experience they’ve been put through," Kenney said. "I want to acknowledge their pain and the pain of so many others, and commit our City to healing it together over the coming days, weeks and months."

Kenney also lauded the police commissioner for the "courage" it took to apologize for his initial response.

"Sometimes courage is as simple as a willingness to evaluate your own words and actions, and to account for them," Kenney said. "... I applaud his ability to reflect on this very difficult week and to articulate his changed perspective. It’s that courage and self-reflection that makes the Commissioner such an effective leader."

Kenney said the "current realities of race relations and bias in 2018" will require "ongoing re-evaluations."

Back