Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Car/Vehicle thread.. Car mods, new purchases, general convo

Got the Protégé running. Damn car rides stiffer than my SRT. I posted about it on a Mazda forum and they say its lowered 2". So I'll be buying OEM equivalent Springs and struts to install in a couple weeks.

Bumpin b/c I didn't post my ride...

IMG_20160210_174857.jpg
20170210_181141.jpg
2013 Dodge Charger...ON CHROME!

Had to buy 4 new tires Sunday. Once the weather clears, I gotta get it washed. Shyt be glistening after its cleaned.

Is this the only car thread on the site??? I need some advice, Im not too clued up on North American cars (if you got any questions on european cars let me know)...

So Im looking to get an American truck, either a Chevy C10, 1950s sidestep (ford or chevy) or an Elcamino (prolly 80s)... Have you guys got any advice, info on body shape changes/face lifts and engine info and common faults etc

Is this the only car thread on the site??? I need some advice, Im not too clued up on North American cars (if you got any questions on european cars let me know)...

So Im looking to get an American truck, either a Chevy C10, 1950s sidestep (ford or chevy) or an Elcamino (prolly 80s)... Have you guys got any advice, info on body shape changes/face lifts and engine info and common faults etc
Yea this is the only beside the what to look for when buying a car thread. I don't buy american whips tho.

@menac
Yea this is the only beside the what to look for when buying a car thread. I don't buy american whips tho.

OK cool, I might copy and paste this question then haha I just want project car something different (for over here) it wont be a daily driver...

@menac

OK cool, I might copy and paste this question then haha I just want project car something different (for over here) it wont be a daily driver...
Oh If its just a beater. Look for the V that has readily avail parts, you dont wanna search high and low and pay something stupid for a part on a old car... I am interested on your selection though.

Oh If its just a beater. Look for the V that has readily avail parts, you dont wanna search high and low and pay something stupid for a part on a old car... I am interested on your selection though.

When you V, what you mean, a V8??? My knowledge on American cars is not great lol the main thing I want is rust free car/truck, then I can work on the rest over time, but yeah rust is a killer... I got a friend who is clued on them and is part of a American car club and often ships them over and he has friends in Cali who can go look at the cars/check them over for when he finds them... But I just wanna get some first hand advice on here so I know what Im talking about..

When you V, what you mean, a V8??? My knowledge on American cars is not great lol the main thing I want is rust free car/truck, then I can work on the rest over time, but yeah rust is a killer... I got a friend who is clued on them and is part of a American car club and often ships them over and he has friends in Cali who can go look at the cars/check them over for when he finds them... But I just wanna get some first hand advice on here so I know what Im talking about..
imo V means vehicle

I would personally say, rust free is essential but when looking at any car the potential for rust is inevitable especially when buying a car on the east coast with our variable in weather...

with any car as long as the engine is maintained and the mileage isn't astronomical,, the transmission isn't slipping or leaking,, the braking system is fine,, and the heating elements heat and cool your car then any choice you choose is fine (american or foreign).
if it starts up then your good.

I would personally say, rust free is essential but when looking at any car the potential for rust is inevitable especially when buying a car on the east coast with our variable in weather...

with any car as long as the engine is maintained and the mileage isn't astronomical,, the transmission isn't slipping or leaking,, the braking system is fine,, and the heating elements heat and cool your car then any choice you choose is fine (american or foreign).
if it starts up then your good.

Yeah I know what to look for with any car in general, but I what I meant was any specific things/faults that classic American Chevy/Ford trucks or Elcaminos are known to have... For example VW's have be known to have turbo issues etc

Just

Daum thats a tough bill what did you have done???

I just had the first service on my M4 which cost me £900
:foh5:

Took it in cause I started to notice a rattling noise going over bumps and my AC was also taking too long to get cold.

Asked them to do the bare minimum to fix the noise so I could trade it in, cost me about $500. Loved the car but that’s the 3rd time I’ve had to take it in since summer started.

Took it in cause I started to notice a rattling noise going over bumps and my AC was also taking too long to get cold.

Asked them to do the bare minimum to fix the noise so I could trade it in, cost me about $500. Loved the car but that’s the 3rd time I’ve had to take it in since summer started.

That sucks.. How many miles on it?

Back