Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is there a such thing as too many compliments?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Did you ever get too many compliments or ever get tired of someone/everyone complimenting you?

Never.
Pay homage if you see something you like. Society is forcing jealousy upon us.

If a guy / girl rocking or doing something that you like or impresses you, show them love.

never really been in that position but i dont think it would be too much lol

last time i got "dressed up" for work everybody complimented and it felt good.....i might have blushed a little, it had been a while lol

funny cuz on the other side of that, I will NOT compliment a woman that already gets that shit all day lol

some people look at that as "hater" shit but Im just not trying to part of your fan club....maybe its just pride but i wont do it

nah she good w/o my lil praises lmao.....I might even deduct some shit just to be indifferent...."i mean, she cool if thats what u like" lmfao

Yes. Some men over do it.

Many times I’ve been approached by a man and he just be complimenting the shit outta me and I’m like “damn, ok.” It starts feeling like lies or he saying shit to impress. I’m not impressed by shit like that.

Yes. Some men over do it.

Many times I’ve been approached by a man and he just be complimenting the shit outta me and I’m like “damn, ok.” It starts feeling like lies or he saying shit to impress. I’m not impressed by shit like that.
do you think it would bother you if you got all done up an niggas didnt say a word?

Trust a compliment goes a long way!
You might have been headed to an interview you were unsure about and right before you get there you get hit with those complimenting words , talk bout a self esteem boost. Take it for what they are but I give honest to the heart compliments!

True you are but in a world of a billion ppl validation is upped a notch when it's heard.
I’m not against compliments but neither am I bothered if I don’t get a compliment. I’ve been in the situation many times.

I get awkward and bashful when I receive compliments, but I like them...just not all the time. That probably doesn't even make sense bc Im weird about it.

Anyway, I love giving compliments. Especially well deserved ones.

I take them well. But I change the subject quick. As great as I am, I don't like to go on and on about it.

I think it depends on the person giving said compliments for me. Some people over do it. I don't mind giving compliments though especially when someone smells good and walks by.

Back