Welcome To aBlackWeb

Woman who licked tub of ice cream faces up to 20 years in prison

A woman in Lufkin, Texas, walked into her local Walmart, opened a container of Blue Bell, licked the ice cream and then put the container back in the freezer. Now, she faces up to 20 years in prison.

The woman can be seen in a now-viral video posted to Twitter Saturday. The person recording can be heard saying, "Lick it, lick it. Oh, you foul. Put it back, put it back."

Blue Bell put out a statement Monday that confirms the ice cream that was licked was never sold. "Our staff recognized the location in the video, and we inspected the freezer case," the statement reads. "Based on security footage, the location and the inspection of the carton, we believe we may have recovered the half gallon that was tampered with. Out of an abundance of caution, we have also removed all Tin Roof half gallons from that location."

"Food tampering is not a joke, and we will not tolerate tampering with our products," the statement concludes. Blue Bell creameries said they told police as soon as one of their employees was able to identify the store where the incident took place.

Now, Lufkin Police detectives believe they have identified the woman based on surveillance footage, and are working to identify the man who recorded the video. They intend to arrest the woman on a charge of second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product, which carries a punishment of 2-20 years, Lufkin police told CBS News in a statement.

"We're appalled that someone would do this," Lufkin Director of Public Safety Gerald Williamson said in a statement. "We take it incredibly seriously and we're acting on it as the major crime that it is."

The department is also consulting with the FDA regarding possible federal charges. The investigation is ongoing.

This is now a trend... licking the ice cream and putting it back and now using mouthwash, spitting it back in the bottle, then putting it back.

20 years is highly excessive for licking ice cream. I understand the implications that can come from someone else’s bacteria or diseases but 20 is wildly over the top. It’s said she can face between 2-20 years.

But with today’s social media copycats and trends, it’s time to start holding them responsible for this nonsense. I don’t know a reasonable punishment, but it ain’t years in prison.

This is now a trend... licking the ice cream and putting it back and now using mouthwash, spitting it back in the bottle, then putting it back.

20 years is highly excessive for licking ice cream. I understand the implications that can come from someone else’s bacteria or diseases but 20 is wildly over the top. It’s said she can face between 2-20 years.

But with today’s social media copycats and trends, it’s time to start holding them responsible for this nonsense. I don’t know a reasonable punishment, but it ain’t years in prison.

A big ass fine and 30 days in county

A big ass fine and 30 days in county

A clean swipe of all social media accounts, unable to be recovered, losing all followers and posts. A huge fine, at least $50k and 30 days? I’m down.

Wouldn’t mind her having to work in the big fridge/freezer unprotected either.. no jacket, beanie or gloves.

This shit was dumb and disgusting and she needs to suffer some consequences but this......seems excessive...

Let this be a lesson to these dumbasses doing stupid shit for likes tho.

That being said.. why aren't these companies properly securing/sealing their packages in the first place?

shits getting out of control......somebody posted a social media clip of them using mouthwash, spitting it back in the bottle and putting it back on the shelf at Walmart.......be careful out there

The Listerine brand has a plastic seal, you'll know if it's been tampered with. The caps stoppers at the bottom will also look broken from when you first open it. I don't know if all brands do, however. But it's something folks can look out for, even with other products. Remember that if it's open, it's tampered with.

she should get stoned.....with scoops ice cream..that's been licked on by homeless people...lmao

like seriously she wants to be disgusting something disgusting should be done to her(NON-SEXUAL)....have her handcuffed in a chair on a busy street and let people walk by and spit in an ice cream bin....after about 5 hrs or maybe 100 people....dump said ice cream spit bin on her head....and refill...do this for about 3 days...and fine her stupid ass.

Back